The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What licenses do I need for this site?

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Hi guys, I'm going to be launching a multi vendor marketplace like eBay, just in a specific niche. I won't be holding any inventory, or anything, simply middle manning. I'm adding $10 to each listing my users add as a fee. I'm trying to see which or if I need certain licensees. Some Advise would be great! Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Hi guys, I'm going to be launching a multi vendor marketplace like eBay, just in a specific niche. I won't be holding any inventory, or anything, simply middle manning. I'm adding $10 to each listing my users add as a fee. I'm trying to see which or if I need certain licensees. Some Advise would be great! Thanks!

That's easy, you'll need the NIMM (noninventory middlemanning) license with MTTD (more than ten dollars) permit.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
It was meant as a joke.

My point:

1) you have given us no context with which to help. What country are you in? What state? Are you dealing with some sort of restricted commodity like weapons or radioactive material that somehow leads you to think you need licenses?

2) you are likely focusing on the wrong thing. What have you done to test demand? Have you looked at the NESCT factors?

3) I am not a lawyer, but if you feel like you need some sort of structure, form a cheap entity through one of the online services, and get a business permit from your local government office. Then get busy with actually trying to do something productive. People focus too much on the stuff that doesn't matter like logos, business cards, websites, business plans and incorporating, and not enough on getting sales. Those things have their place, but not to the detriment of real business, without which all of the above are irrelevant.

Just my opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
It was meant as a joke.

My point:

1) you have given us no context with which to help. What country are you in? What state? Are you dealing with some sort of restricted commodity like weapons or radioactive material that somehow leads you to think you need licenses?

2) you are likely focusing on the wrong thing. What have you done to test demand? Have you looked at the NESCT factors?

3) I am not a lawyer, but if you feel like you need some sort of structure, form a cheap entity through one of the online services, and get a business permit from your local government office. Then get busy with actually trying to do something productive. People focus too much on the stuff that doesn't matter like logos, business cards, websites, business plans and incorporating, and not enough on getting sales. Those things have their place, but not to the detriment of real business, without which all of the above are irrelevant.

Just my opinion.

I'm in Florida. No weapons or radioactive other than maybe a battery? I feel like I need a license more so for protection. Obviously I'm forming an LLC, but I didn't know if I needed anything else.

2.) I've done countless hours of research on it, and have done a demand test. Everything checks out fine.

3.) Site launches in about a month. All stages are complete other than this.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
I'm in Florida. No weapons or radioactive other than maybe a battery? I feel like I need a license more so for protection. Obviously I'm forming an LLC, but I didn't know if I needed anything else.

2.) I've done countless hours of research on it, and have done a demand test. Everything checks out fine.

3.) Site launches in about a month. All stages are complete other than this.

Google "[your county] business tax receipt registration", that should lead you to the right place. Also do the same thing for your city, if you're within city limits.

Beyond that, I'd ask a lawyer if you're still confused.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.