The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What I've learned the last few ROCKY but INFORMATIVE months!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Go4Greatness

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 29, 2014
Wow, what a battle!

I'm new to the forum and have been lurking around and just soaking up a bunch of knowledge these last couple months. One of the most important/relevant things that has stuck with me was just going out and DOING IT.

So you know what... I DID.

My buddy and I came up with a really cool business model based on the service business. Lets just say this is a new industry that has been causing a lot of commotion and can really change the economy.

It's been a great ride, and I totally think that I should and will be taking these next few months even more serious but I've learned a couple things along the way.

1) I don't have as many true & supportive friends as I thought I did: Does everyone go through this realization or was this just me? I've been trying my best for the last few years (24 years old now) to keep the same friends I grew up with and their just not where I am mentally. Some of them even try and put me down due to my mind frame and goals. I've decided recently to watch who I tell certain things to and who I consider a "friend".

2) Keep going: This is huge. I cant tell you how many times I just wanted to quit this and just start something else. But, whenever I think of doing this I always get that picture of the guy that turns around mining for gold while the other guy continues and finds the treasures.

3) Distractions are EVIL: YES, they really are. Sex, commercials, partying. You need to put these things on hold if you really want to get to where you are headed. I try my best to stay "grinding" and "hustling" to get where I want to get. I see no other option and I accept the challenge.

4) We are at war!: We are at an economic war to get to where we want to get in life. This is a life long battle and once you understand this you'll be extra motivated DAILY!

5) Be careful who you listen to: Self explanatory. Watch what you input into your mind.

In terms of business... we can be doing much better but I'm happy where were at and see the potential. Just received out 100th online order and our margins are pretty good. Built a little following/email list so that's good as well. Again, new industry so the first ones in will be in forever : )

Some of the things I would like to get better at are social media marketing, email lists, growth hacking & obviously reaching out to more individuals. Currently we can only sell our services to individuals in our state but were working diligently to expand that.

Keep on going guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.