The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your motivation?

Anything related to matters of the mind

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
"Poor man wanna be rich, Rich man wanna be king and The King ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

How do you motivate yourself to get where you want to go?
And once you get there are you satisfied or do you keep going and trying new things to be creative and make more money?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
The source of internal motivation is unknown. Some have theorized that motivation comes from the id.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Continuous, unrelenting improvement.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
- Working almost 100 hours week just to live semi-comfortable keeps me motivated

- Having to abide by my bosses rules at one of my jobs keeps me motivated

- Not having the time or freedom to do what I want, when I want keeps me motivated

- Living in an apartment and abiding by my landlords rules keeps me motivated

- Coming from a dysfunctional family where none of us have been successful keeps me motivated

- To be able help out those more needy than me someday, including family, keeps me motivated

- The thought of traveling the world keeps me motivated

- The thought of being able to improve the lives of millions of people with my products keeps me motivated

- The thought of having financial freedom and not having to rely on anyone but myself for a paycheck keeps me motivated

This is what comes to mind right now and they are all more then enough to keep me motivated every day! :D

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
- Working almost 100 hours week just to live semi-comfortable keeps me motivated

- Not having the time or freedom to do what I want, when I want keeps me motivated

- Coming from a dysfunctional family where none of us have been successful keeps me motivated

- To be able help out those more needy than me someday, including family, keeps me motivated

- The thought of being able to improve the lives of millions of people with my products keeps me motivated

- The thought of having financial freedom and not having to rely on anyone but myself for a paycheck keeps me motivated

This is what comes to mind right now and they are all more then enough to keep me motivated every day! :D

all of the above and providing a safe, happy childhood and legacy for my children

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York

Yeah, that all seems like damn good reasons to stay motivated...What happens when you are working 2 or 3 jobs on the way to the fastlane and exhaustion takes over? DO you take a few hours to recover so you can start all over again and keep going without burnout?

arohan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 25, 2010
Michigan, USA
To be the best investor in the world

Help others along the way

Building a legacy for my children

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Absolute control over my life and the direction it takes.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Financial freedom in the sense of....
-I can buy my mom the car she has always wanted but will never be able to afford (a Range Rover HSE)
-I can not worry about medical expenses and if something major were to happen, it would not mean financial ruin
-I can help others in the world by donating both money and TIME to them
-I can do the things that interest me, going skydiving, playing pebble beach etc.
-I can live life to the fullest without the constant fear of money and debt in your head

They say money can't buy happiness but having been someone who's family runs off of a parents monthly paycheck, and who cant go out and buy a lambo (or hell even a new car of any kind), I would say that money can't buy happiness, but it can give you MORE of an opportunity to have happiness, its up to you to make it happy or not.

This video has been and will continue to be a HUGE inspiration to me, I would work 168 hours a week 365 days a year for the opportunity to do what this guy can: I made my mother cry today. (she got a mercedes for her birthday!) - YouTube

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
An unrelenting and insatiable desire for freedom.

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
Thanks for the replies everyone...it helps to know that you all get tired too but keep working hard anyway to get what you want out of life

dii

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Mar 29, 2012
help pay the debt of my mother who always supported me and put me in all the courses I wanted to do and buy a ticket for her to Japan to see my brothers.
buy a new car for my aunt who helped me all this time, and took me from place to place throughout my childhood until today!

î I think these are my major reasons ..

- Have the freedom to travel anywhere I want,
- Able to work anywhere as well,
- Not wanting to be just "another" (yes, lol)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
money buys happiness

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
Does it really? Everyone always says it doesn't...but those are usually the people who don't have any!

D

DeletedUser394

In answer to the question in the title;

Money, Power, Sex.

..and not working for others, and all that other nonsense.

:)

Frank Spooner

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 4, 2012
Montreal Canada
What keeps me motivated is great belief that things happen for reasons. But, thing don't happen by just waiting around. You have to put in the effort, the time, the heart, the tears and the mind. If you combine these, there is no reason not to achieve your goals, and achieving a goal is the pay-off and motivation to continue.

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
What keeps me motivated is great belief that things happen for reasons. But, thing don't happen by just waiting around. You have to put in the effort, the time, the heart, the tears and the mind. If you combine these, there is no reason not to achieve your goals, and achieving a goal is the pay-off and motivation to continue.

Everyone has different reasons for keeping going. But I think we all want the same goal. To have TIME to do anything we want when we want to do it. Thanks everyone for all the replies to this thread.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
When I talk to people about money they always say well money doesnt buy happiness. My response has always been true but it does buy freedom. Motivation on top of the great things said.

- Making money makes me feel good and I enjoy the feeling I get by providing the world value.

- To have the means to express my creativity through business. (think successful entreps starting space companies or deep sea exploration companies etc.) Since business is my passion and it usually requires more money to start then buying canvas and some paint I would like to be able to throw some money at a few projects and not worry if they are successful.

- To prove to everybody that I was right... I have always said I dont want a job; others have always told me that I am going to just have to get used to it. I want to show them I really dont. I am tired of people refering to my business ideas as cockamamy schemes.

- Plus for some reason I think I am just made to work. I took this summer off to relax and plan my next move. It turns out I hate relaxing and enjoy planning more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.