The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your dream? (and your 2016 goals!)

Anything related to matters of the mind

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
I'll start off.

My goal (once I earn my first million) - is to NOT have a self absorbed mindset, but that is common between a Poor person and a Billionaire - Keeping my life simple, so I can keep it REAL - Through my father I meet plenty of people who earn 1-30MIL per year, they tend to be 'flashy', they have their MASSIVE houses on the beach, their BMWs, Ferraris, Lambos etc - Also they tend to have this disgusting attitude and mindset of thinking they are superior species. - It saddens me how people get OFF from knowing people are feeling jealous when they see them in their Ferraris etc. - It crushes my heart when I think about how middle class earning, humans feel cheap, weak, inferior in comparison. - I don't understand why literally ALL of my dads millionaire friends are MALEs with their 'trophy wives' - This tends to be a major demographic.

These millionaires ALSO tend to have multiple luxury cars, MULTIPLE luxurious houses in the SAME city (WHY?) - Why not have multiple houses around the globe? Investments into non profit organisations? Just 1 car will do? Do they never feel that all those luxury goods are TOO much for 1 person?

My dad has 1 friend (well, a family friend through my grandparents) who owns a company in a major industry here in Australia - his a billionaire. Drives a 80K LEXUS and Lives in a 500,000$ Home (my own father who makes 99% less then he does drives and lives in 4x the cost more car and home) - this guy only splashes in areas where he gets to experience things with OTHER humans, for example, he owns a private jet - he takes his friends (who aren't big earners at all) on trips to other countries for their birthdays etc. Think about it, if your friend was a billionaire, and you earnt 100K a year, how much MORE would you feel comfortable around them when their personal life luxuries are only slightly better then yours? Yet their luxuries tend to be experienced with you included,. - He's trying to preserve what money takes away, the connection between humans.

I guess he has inspired me to understand the value of modesty and appreciation of whatever I currently have.

This billionaire told me once, "Look at the average household pet dog, he/she is always running a muck, happy. That little creature gets crazy when YOU walk into the room, NOT when you leave it at home all the time with fancy new objects - it doesnt care about the objects, it only cares about YOU. We humans are not that much different."

So many of my friends dislike their parents for one common factor 'never being home' - always at work. (They are the wealthy friends) - When their parents are back home, they are still 'NOT there' - my friend quoted "My Mum just comes home and asks me meaningless questions, she has no time to listen to my problems, my feelings, my hurt - instead, she thinks she's offering me something 10x better, sending me to the best known (expensive) therapist in the city, when we do go on family holidays, I get my own suite/apartment, so I am even more distanced - we eat at restaurants that are so cold, official and lifeless, oh and she is on her phone most the time"

Interesting... this is way too common.

I have one friend, who's parents are incredibly poor. (Have no assets, and is now currently looking for a checkout job at a supermarket) - His mother has a million dollars worth of love for my friend - their relationship blossoms. They don't go on family trips (due to money) but they do go to trips to the local beach which (I've attended one with them) and woahhhh, inspiring love.

Luxurious things only artificially enhance the experience. If there is no foundation of love, something luxurious isn't going to be felt or appreciated. For example, through my photography hobby I have connections with some of New Zealands top private accomodation stays (they call them lodges / estates / retreats) I stayed in this pretty magical villa, which had all the bells and whistles (views of snowy mountains with a turquoise blue lake in front of it, glass windows every morning to watch the sunrise over the mountains - helicopter that picked us up outside our door on the lake, private ice skating ring in the snowy forests, luxury hot tub at midnight sipping $500 bottles of wine under 1,000,000 stars in the night sky with the soft warm glow of our villa in the distance - finishing the night off in one of the softest, biggest, lonely emotion inducing beds I have ever slept in (slept alone in it). - sounds very dreamy right? The first day is always like "WOW I am in heaven" - Funnily enough, by the end of my stay there, I REALLY wanted to get back to my hotel room at the Hilton, I felt depressed, sad, lonely - I wanted to be at that luxury place with OTHERS or someone special, not alone - I remember thinking "Today I have one of many things only large money can get get you in travelling (this place was worth several thousands per day to just stay at, remember I was there FREE on a photography connection) - but I felt really bad.

How am I opening 2016? (My position)

No Real Job (No degree, no high school completion)
I have a few startups, which together are making me nearly $1000 a month (am working on it to get to 1K per week, then hopefully something like $300 per day)
$10,000 in MY savings.
45K in Assets (Photography gear, Car, Laptop etc)
Live with my sisters in my parents City home (my parents live in the countryside) (no bills)
Desire to 'travel'
Very few friends - (which is OK for now)
Often feeling alone, lost, stuck - but pulling myself out each time and gradually feeling stronger and stronger.

Goals:

- Earn a weekly income that can support my ultimate goal to go travelling in 2016 to really 'figure out my mind' - trying to understand and find a project that WILL benefit others, that is of value and will be that double edged goldmine for me (helps others, and funds me a lot of money to put back into making other humans experience on this earth just that little bit better)

-Befriend entrepreneurs with similar outlooks on life and goals (basically anyone who isn't greedy and likes to put others first)

-Combat my anxiety and depression (Has held me back SO much)

-Gain acceptance and strength to be the real me (this'll be harder for me then making $1,000,000 is)

Now your turn! Share with me YOUR 2016 goals, mindset, inspiration (or whatever is on your mind for 2016)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My career dream always has been and continues to be that I get the privilege to have fun with my work. Have exciting transactions. Lead some great ventures to success. Bigger numbers just make it more exciting and more fun. Greed has absolutely nothing to do with maximizing a deal's potential. I let the market decide an equilibrium on that. It's just good business.

IT ISN'T ABOUT THE MONEY. This may come as a surprise for some of you that I would say this, but I will try to explain. Some people become doctors because they love helping people. Some people become pilots because they love to fly. Some people become lawyers because they love law. Some people become teachers because they love to teach. Some people become architects because they love to design. Builders because they love to build. I became an entrepreneur because I love making stuff happen.

Part of me is convinced that for the people that don't love the entrepreneur stuff, it might not ever really work out.

Now to address the "superiority complex" that these people have... I believe any working person who provides for themselves and family, doesn't bitch about their job, doesn't bitch about their income, doesn't feel entitled to anything they haven't earned are VASTLY superior people to lazy, incompetent, uneducated, entitled, welfare receiving societal leaches... Which is a growing population in today's world.

Last edited:

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Ok, here is my take on it.

I agree with @Kak , it's not about the money, its only money so you can leverage other peoples time, creating more freedom for you.

I have massive goals but I have a very BIG why.

I was brought up in a very poor family, and my parents couldn't afford to feed us due to my fathers drinking problem.
At the age of 8, I was out every evening and weekend earning money washing cars so my mom could feed us.
Throughout my teen life, I found ways to make money, which included drugs... i'll let you figure the rest out.
Obviously earning money was more important than an education, so suffice to say, I left school without any grades.
I was just a product of my own environment.
Lets just say ive been in some very dark places in my life.

Early 20's I realised that constantly watching my back had no future, so decided to get a "real" job.
Up until about 3 years ago, I've worked in many jobs but always thought that the only way and viewed rich people as "lucky".

3 years ago....

I realised that it doesn't have to be like that; and I do have the opportunity to succeed, what makes anyone else so special?
So in that time, I have been educating myself in the world of business and learning how to read and write; this is why my grammar is still not the best. I thank the gods of Microsoft for spellchecker :) Though still need help structuring sentences when I write.
Whilst being immersed in self-development I stumbled upon TMF .. I wish I could literate how much its changed my perspective on things.

Thanks MJ, if you are reading this.
Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum for your intended/unintended guidance.

So what is my WHY?

No, its not about money

All I want, is to make my mom proud.
She is the only person that believed in me in my dark times.
She is the one the raised us in a harsh situation.
She is the strongest and best woman I know.

This is the reason I wake up at 5am every morning to educate myself
This is the reason I work 10 hours a day and spend all my evenings and weekends working on my dreams, no social life.
This is the reason I go hard at the gym everyday (2 months in so far)
This is the reason I work hard to achieve my dreams... and someone is going to have to put a motherfucking gun to my head and pull the trigger to stop me.
No excuses!

Where am I now?
  • 34 years old and in a really happy place.
  • I drive a 2001 Volvo S60 with 130k on the clock.
  • I share a house with a friend of mine who is completely slowlane but is cool as F*ck
  • No kids, no marriage and no partner (all 3 are too expensive)
  • I earn £25k per year working in a managerial role at an Automotive company
  • Loving life as it is and feeling blessed for the opportunity.

My 2016 goals
  • Fully learnt PHP
  • To have my own place (rented)
  • Left full time work
  • My company to be turning 50k+ profit
  • To be 10% bodyfat
My dream
  • To have a net worth of £10 million
  • To have found a sole mate (female)
  • Travel the world
  • To buy my mom a new home
  • To own a Ferrari f40
  • To build community centres in underprivilged areas of the UK
  • Retire at 40 years old
  • To be a success story on TMF forum

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
250+ videos
100,000 subscribers
1+ ebooks

2015 I took my first step moving from being a consumer to a producer. I hope that 2016 will be the year for producing more great value for the world.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
A note on the wealthy...All but one of the many ( mmm...probably a few dozen), was an a**hole. Everyone else...cool as could be.

My Goals are what I believe will happen in 2016:
  • Roll out my first product in February.
  • Roll out at LEAST one more product during the year.
  • Move to a warmer, dryer climate. ;)
  • See my Daughter at least 3 times during the year.( She's in college...at her Mom's during breaks. I'm in MI, She's in NC and NJ)
  • Take my Daughter to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra next Christmas. :rockon:
  • Tell my Wife..."You don't have to work for anyone else if you don't want to."
Along the way....help as many people as I can. Pass on what I've learned in every aspect of life to those who need it.

My list is longer...but....I promise you, I am the last one on that list. It is not about me.

nitop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 21, 2015
hi everybody , new to this forum after reading the fastlane forum..
my 2016 goals are simple.. create products, more products , then market the hell out of them!
i am in im niche and worked hard all 2015 to build systems to create , market , sell, followup, backend ... around info products .. now that i have a system in place , ill work my a$$ off to rinse and repeat , preferably to other niches as well..
good luck to all of you, and i hope to be around here in the forum, learning more about fastlane from awesome community here!

best regards

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

relentlessaction

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Dec 18, 2015
I have had a little bit of success this year. I have a single e-commerce store that has done $200k+ in gross sales for 2015. It's 2-3 years in the making so it didn't happen overnight. I wrote a little bit about my goals here too - http://relentlessaction.com/my-250k-net-profit-goal-2016/.

I most definitely want to smash this years goals ridiculously! To do so, I'm going to be more driven than ever. I'm going to fully schedule out the year and push things through as fast as possible.

In summary, I'm aiming for the following goals this year.
  • Earn $250,000 net profit for 2016
    • This will only be possible will fully utilizing and understanding paid traffic - aka facebook ads, social media advertising.
    • I don't want to add my e-commerce sale as part of this $250k/net but if so.. that's ok too.
  • Q1 - Sell my E-Commerce website for capital to fund more lucrative businesses. Est $60-$150k sale.
    • Time extensive (shipping orders myself), Too much inventory (not enough space), Ceiling cap on earnings.
    • Plan on creating (2) new e-commerce websites which will utilize order fufillment.
  • Q1/Q2/Q3 - Become a Software Engineer/Full Stack Developer
    • Increase baseline salary. I'm looking to learn how to develop my own software for future business opportunities.
    • I'm also looking to increase my baseline salary to about $80-100k per year.
    • Working as a Software Engineer/Full Stack Developer. I'm hoping to be in the fore front of building a company or start-up here in San Francisco.
    • If work isn't highly rewarding and I am not learning. I don't plan on staying especially if I'm making well over $100k/net per year.
  • Q1 - Build Amazon Niche Sites $50k/year
    • There are many amazon/niche sites that dominate the market and make $20,000 per month.
    • They are fairly simple to get to $100-400/month and sell for $10k+.
    • I plan on making $50k/year minimum from a few sites.
    • If I can take it to $20,000/month and automate it. I'll be looking into it.
    • I wrote a blog post on this which you can checkout here - http://relentlessaction.com/make-50000-year-with-amazon-niche-sites-in-2016/
I definitely want to post a progress thread and start working relentlessly on this goal everyday! I'm ready to smash last year's goals.

Q2, Q3, Q4 haven't been defined just yet as things change very quickly.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Dream: own a MLB franchise
2016 goal: Better than 2015

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I highly respect Marcus Lemonis and his 3 P's

People--Process--Product in that order.

I want to take the team I have and incorporate the processes to continue to create a national Brand and multiple stores.

The products are already out there...

Some of the people are in place...

And our processes, we are tweaking...

I know if we can continue to duplicate the processes, and enlist the right people to see our vision, hyper growth is possible.

2015 for me was learning to delegate more

2016 is utilizing my personal time better.

...and enjoy life outside the ring of business a bit more.

nitop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 21, 2015
I have had a little bit of success this year. I have a single e-commerce store that has done $200k+ in gross sales for 2015. It's 2-3 years in the making so it didn't happen overnight. I wrote a little bit about my goals here too - http://relentlessaction.com/my-250k-net-profit-goal-2016/.

I most definitely want to smash this years goals ridiculously! To do so, I'm going to be more driven than ever. I'm going to fully schedule out the year and push things through as fast as possible.

In summary, I'm aiming for the following goals this year.
  • Earn $250,000 net profit for 2016
    • This will only be possible will fully utilizing and understanding paid traffic - aka facebook ads, social media advertising.
    • I don't want to add my e-commerce sale as part of this $250k/net but if so.. that's ok too.
  • Q1 - Sell my E-Commerce website for capital to fund more lucrative businesses. Est $60-$150k sale.
    • Time extensive (shipping orders myself), Too much inventory (not enough space), Ceiling cap on earnings.
    • Plan on creating (2) new e-commerce websites which will utilize order fufillment.
  • Q1/Q2/Q3 - Become a Software Engineer/Full Stack Developer
    • Increase baseline salary. I'm looking to learn how to develop my own software for future business opportunities.
    • I'm also looking to increase my baseline salary to about $80-100k per year.
    • Working as a Software Engineer/Full Stack Developer. I'm hoping to be in the fore front of building a company or start-up here in San Francisco.
    • If work isn't highly rewarding and I am not learning. I don't plan on staying especially if I'm making well over $100k/net per year.
  • Q1 - Build Amazon Niche Sites $50k/year
    • There are many amazon/niche sites that dominate the market and make $20,000 per month.
    • They are fairly simple to get to $100-400/month and sell for $10k+.
    • I plan on making $50k/year minimum from a few sites.
    • If I can take it to $20,000/month and automate it. I'll be looking into it.
    • I wrote a blog post on this which you can checkout here - http://relentlessaction.com/make-50000-year-with-amazon-niche-sites-in-2016/
I definitely want to post a progress thread and start working relentlessly on this goal everyday! I'm ready to smash last year's goals.

Q2, Q3, Q4 haven't been defined just yet as things change very quickly.
awesomegoals buddy! in fact i loved that niche sites idea , i had done it before _ building slightly profitable sites and flipping them on "flippa ", its a very good business model!

relentlessaction

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Dec 18, 2015
@nitop - I think it's a decent goal. I've always felt that all you really need as an individual is a successful site that makes you $10-20k/net profit. If you can earn that much from one site. Your pretty much set as far as daily living without trying to fake ball. Spend less than $5k/month and save $15k/month for new business ventures.

If you take a do everything, master one niche type deal (if it's a big enough niche). I'm sure you can easily make $20k/month off of a single website.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 11, 2015
“Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” unknown

There's nothing wrong with being very wealthy. As long as you like who you are.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
I only have one goal for 2016, and that's to wake up every day, not be woken up by the alarm on my phone..

Trevor Chaumont

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 6, 2015
Gulf Coast
My dream: To have a house in my current area and in Galena, IL. Neither areas are expensive to live in, and I don't have any desire for a huge house. To have a successful career in music and own every instrument I know how to play. To provide a service that improves the lives of people I will never even know, and to be able to give back to those that have carried me through life so far.

My 2016 goals: Grow my musical skills, develop at least one stream of entrepreneurial income, continue a healthier lifestyle, and to learn as much as I possibly can.

Best of luck to you on your goals, and have a safe holiday season!

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
My dream? To be able to create passive income streams that generates $10,000 monthly. I know that's a "small" amount, but for me, that's the initial amount I've set to be able to stop trading my time for money.

My goal for 2016? To move from being merely interested in my dream and to be committed to it.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.