The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the best website builder tool for my business?

The business of web design

Smove97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 25, 2020
Leeds, UK
I am in the process of building a website for my financial services based business, however I am unsure which ‘website builder’ to use.

I am reasonably tech savvy and have built websites using shopify in the past but I am not sure which of the following are most suited for my project.

• Wordpress
  • Shopify
  • Wix
  • Squarespace
I am offering a service, so the site would need to be able to take payments and clearly outline the services offered. I would require the customer to fill out a detailed form on the site, following a purchase and would also need the functionality of a blog.

1. what would be the best option to accommodate my needs?
  2. would it be worth me paying a web developer to do this and what is the general cost of doing so?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Colin MacLeod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 14, 2017
Austin, TX
I am in the process of building a website for my financial services based business, however I am unsure which ‘website builder’ to use.

I am reasonably tech savvy and have built websites using shopify in the past but I am not sure which of the following are most suited for my project.

• Wordpress
  • Shopify
  • Wix
  • Squarespace
I am offering a service, so the site would need to be able to take payments and clearly outline the services offered. I would require the customer to fill out a detailed form on the site, following a purchase and would also need the functionality of a blog.

1. what would be the best option to accommodate my needs?
  2. would it be worth me paying a web developer to do this and what is the general cost of doing so?
I especially like Elementor and Thrive Themes. Both are WordPress based.

It depends on your requirements. Elementor is more powerful but more technical. Thrive Themes is great for marketing/sales-focused pages.

If you have basic tech skills (to set it up) and an eye for design (to make it pretty), these days, I don't think you need a web developer - particularly with Thrive Themes. They have several templates provided for just about any page you can imagine.

If you go down the Elementor route, there are also templates for you to base your site on. You will probably need to pay extra for those, but the cost is usually minimal. I have used Envato Elements and got good mileage out of that: Template Kits - Envato Elements

mkmiller

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 14, 2023
Arizona
I would recommend WordPress with Elementor, and start with the 'Hello Elementor' theme. Then for forms and payments, I would suggest looking into Fluent Forms Pro.

Fluent Forms can link up with Stripe to handle the payment processing, as well as can create 'conversational forms' like TypeForm where they visitor gets a question at a time, and you can adjust the questions based on responses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.