The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the best that a high school student should do?

GER_Jan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 4, 2023
You could say "just leave school and start directly in to business".

In my case it won't help. I'm a 17 year old from Germany and sitting in school doing my high school diploma (in Germany it is called "Abitur" and I wouldn't say I really do the highschool diploma, I spent more time reading and learning for business purposes instead for school).

So, when I drop out of school I could work in a part time Job and continue to learn for business purposes. I can not start a business. I am not allowed to submit the necessary papers to own a company. Well, my parents musst agree and whe should go through a process with familycourt etc. The same is with freelancing.

The next problem: my parents absolutely driving on the slowlane. To convince them would be actually very hard. They have the slowlane mentality.

Currently I am reading, watching videos and reading posts here in the forum. I also pay attention for needs and allways think how could I do the product X better or how could I be better than that company Z. I just try to think more like an entrepreneur.

Do you have some advice what I could do? Should I learn skills like programming or video editing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Danny Dobrota

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 12, 2023
Romania

In my case it won't help. I'm a 17 year old from Germany and sitting in school doing my high school diploma (in Germany it is called "Abitur" and I wouldn't say I really do the highschool diploma, I spent more time reading and learning for business purposes instead for school).

So, when I drop out of school I could work in a part time Job and continue to learn for business purposes. I can not start a business. I am not allowed to submit the necessary papers to own a company. Well, my parents musst agree and whe should go through a process with familycourt etc. The same is with freelancing.

The next problem: my parents absolutely driving on the slowlane. To convince them would be actually very hard. They have the slowlane mentality.

Currently I am reading, watching videos and reading posts here in the forum. I also pay attention for needs and allways think how could I do the product X better or how could I be better than that company Z. I just try to think more like an entrepreneur.

Do you have some advice what I could do? Should I learn skills like programming or video editing?
Im in the same boat man.
Just power through highschool, build some skill in the meantime so by the time you finish it you can actually begin to do something business-wise. Also, if you consider yourself an entrepreneur, you should start with cementing your identity as an entrepreneur (thinking and doing entrepreneurial things), so you truly believe you are an entrepreneur. Best of luck

UNKNOWNUSHER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 8, 2023
Yeah, like me, you're gonna have to just deal with finishing school. While you're doing it though, try to build some type of skill that is valuable and can market. Like for me, I have been learning software development (more specifically game programming) and 3D art and I plan on freelancing on Art Station. I would try to do something like that if I were you. There are plenty of sources for free online to learn this stuff, although if you have money to invest and would like to do 3D Art, I do know some paid courses that could definitely help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.