The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is considered action faking? Is what I'm thinking of doing action faking?

Idea threads

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
Hello, my goal is to create an e-commerce website where I can sell some sort of AI product. In order to create AI, I have to learn some programming languages like Python and go through some hoops to create it. A few days ago, I created a separate post where I asked if I should code my website or use an external tool to create it, I decided on using an external tool but most of the replies were telling me that if I decided to code it myself, it would have been action faking and I would be wasting my time. While I do agree with this, I am wondering if my fundamental plan of creating an AI product to sell would also be considered action faking because of all the learning I would have to do to get it up and running when there are easier things I could be selling. I am choosing AI because I think the demand right now is high, I can create high value for it to where I can also charge high prices, and I am in a situation where choosing AI as my product would be beneficial to me. This is just my idea of what I think I can do, I'm not set in stone about creating AI products but I think that I am a little passion so I might be able to make one that sells. If anyone here is a tech head can you walk me through the process of making an AI and if it's feasible? thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
If anyone here is a tech head can you walk me through the process of making an AI and if it's feasible?
So not an AI guy myself but am an engineer and have been playing with it now for a bit and am currently doing an academic project with chatgpt (not at a super detailed use-case level though).

I'll start with saying it entirely depends on what specifically you want to do. Like we'd have to hear the exact idea to even get close to knowing. A lot of these new AI products you see out there are not really even creating a new AI, they are just training a general purpose model (or taking a trained one) and then fine-tuning it or wrapping ChatGPT with layers of prompts to make it seem like a unique product (or combining layers of various other AIs together to make what appears like one thing but is really a few different talking together).

I say that to say you may be barking up the wrong tree learning AI from scratch when really depending on your use case you may just be able to ask an existing LLM AI like chatgpt or whatever in a specific way and it can already do it. (Again can't stress enough - this entirely depends on your exact use case).

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
So not an AI guy myself but am an engineer and have been playing with it now for a bit and am currently doing an academic project with chatgpt (not at a super detailed use-case level though).

I'll start with saying it entirely depends on what specifically you want to do. Like we'd have to hear the exact idea to even get close to knowing. A lot of these new AI products you see out there are not really even creating a new AI, they are just training a general purpose model (or taking a trained one) and then fine-tuning it or wrapping ChatGPT with layers of prompts to make it seem like a unique product (or combining layers of various other AIs together to make what appears like one thing but is really a few different talking together).

I say that to say you may be barking up the wrong tree learning AI from scratch when really depending on your use case you may just be able to ask an existing LLM AI like chatgpt or whatever in a specific way and it can already do it. (Again can't stress enough - this entirely depends on your exact use case).
Alright I think that I might not use AI as my product that I will be selling as there are already many products out there and I don't know much about it

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello, my goal is to create an e-commerce website where I can sell some sort of AI product.

Why?

For what need? What solution? Anyone can create a ChatGPT wrapper with Bubble in 2 hours.

Sounds like you need to read Unscripted if this is the conclusion you came to after reading TMF .

But I get it, its 400 pages of nothing new and might take 8 hours to read - or you can spend 8 years barking up the wrong tree only to realize you have nothing to show for it. If only someone could take the time to explain the various multi-faceted layers of value which potentially could help save you from a disastrous waste of time. (Sorry but I won't explain them here as I already written about them; however you won't find these concepts in TMF ).

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
Why?

For what need? What solution? Anyone can create a ChatGPT wrapper with Bubble in 2 hours.

Sounds like you need to read Unscripted if this is the conclusion you came to after reading TMF .

But I get it, its 400 pages of nothing new and might take 8 hours to read - or you can spend 8 years barking up the wrong tree only to realize you have nothing to show for it. If only someone could take the time to explain the various multi-faceted layers of value which potentially could help save you from a disastrous waste of time. (Sorry but I won't explain them here as I already written about them; however you won't find these concepts in TMF ).
Alright alright if you want me to read your book so badly I'll read it. Is there a certain order you want me to read them in? Do you want me to read The Great Rat Race first or Unscripted first?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Alright alright if you want me to read your book so badly I'll read it

That's not the point. I don't need your $5, I need you to think for yourself and quit chasing money, trends, or whatever some guru on X is chirping about.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
That's not the point. I don't need your $5, I need you to think for yourself and quit chasing money, trends, or whatever some guru on X is chirping about.
$27, Is there an order I should read them in?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Alright alright if you want me to read your book so badly I'll read it. Is there a certain order you want me to read them in? Do you want me to read The Great Rat Race first or Unscripted first?

$27, Is there an order I should read them in?

Honestly, I don't know. I feel like you haven't read TMF either based on your posts here, so at this point, I'm not sure what book you need to read. If you already have Rat Race, just read that and see if things clear up.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
Honestly, I don't know. I feel like you haven't read TMF either based on your posts here, so at this point, I'm not sure what book you need to read. If you already have Rat Race, just read that and see if things clear up.
I have only read TMF, what makes you think I haven't read it?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@El1mination maybe use your skillset of arguing with people trying to help you? a website where people offer someone help, then you come in and post a bunch of useless rhetoric.

OR

Answer the question ..... Why?
why do you want to do this? what is the outcome? what value does it provide? who is your customer avatar? what problem do you solve?

All the answers you need are in the books, this forum, the questions we ask you. Chill.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
@El1mination maybe use your skillset of arguing with people trying to help you? a website where people offer someone help, then you come in and post a bunch of useless rhetoric.

OR

Answer the question ..... Why?
why do you want to do this? what is the outcome? what value does it provide? who is your customer avatar? what problem do you solve?

All the answers you need are in the books, this forum, the questions we ask you. Chill.
What was I posting that was useless rhetoric? I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as aggressive or anything, that's not how I meant it at all. I am just looking for some guidance in trying to find the value I can offer to others.

glitched

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 3, 2024
an e-commerce website where I can sell some sort of AI product.

This doesn't really make sense to me. E-commerce as in generally just selling a digital product that relates to AI, which I assume you mean generative AI (e.g., GPT, midjourney)? Not SaaS? Or do you mean a gen AI tool that can be used for e-commerce (e.g., writing copy based on products, writing blog posts, creating ads)?

There's so much potential to AI, but costs (ChatGPT is not cheap), reliability (e.g., hallucinations), and security/confidentiality are major problems. There are academic papers published everyday to try and resolve those issues, but not sure if were there yet. Once that's unlocked, value of AI is going to skyrocket. But yeah, basic ChatGPT wrapper probably won't be much of a value add right now.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
What was I posting that was useless rhetoric? I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as aggressive or anything, that's not how I meant it at all. I am just looking for some guidance in trying to find the value I can offer to others.
then maybe take the guidance and answer the questions

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
This doesn't really make sense to me. E-commerce as in generally just selling a digital product that relates to AI, which I assume you mean generative AI (e.g., GPT, midjourney)? Not SaaS? Or do you mean a gen AI tool that can be used for e-commerce (e.g., writing copy based on products, writing blog posts, creating ads)?

There's so much potential to AI, but costs (ChatGPT is not cheap), reliability (e.g., hallucinations), and security/confidentiality are major problems. There are academic papers published everyday to try and resolve those issues, but not sure if were there yet. Once that's unlocked, value of AI is going to skyrocket. But yeah, basic ChatGPT wrapper probably won't be much of a value add right now.
Yeah I decided to start trying to find something of value I can offer to others to solve some sort of problem so AI is off the list. I have a few strategies that I think I can use to find a problem, the first is something that MJ recommended in TMF, he said to recognize when you have a daily problem throughout the day and when you catch yourself complaining about it, realize that and try to find a solution for it. And the other strategy I am going to use it to go through this forum and just see how other people found their value and try to replicate it in my own way.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
Why?

I was thinking about AI because I thought it was something that I could pick up on fast as I know a little about programming. I thought maybe I could solve a problem people have but I think it would require a lot of people to do that so I'm not sure that I can do it myself.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I was thinking about AI because I thought it was something that I could pick up on fast as I know a little about programming. I thought maybe I could solve a problem people have but I think it would require a lot of people to do that so I'm not sure that I can do it myself.
does that answer your question then, is this action faking?

checkout MJ's CENTS approach and answer that survey / those questions and see if it is something worth pursuing

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
and back down the anger and aggression ..... you come off as a 19 year old know it all

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
does that answer your question then, is this action faking?

checkout MJ's CENTS approach and answer that survey / those questions and see if it is something worth pursuing
Yes I think it does, I guess it is considered action faking. I was just thinking of ideas though.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Yes I think it does, I guess it is considered action faking. I was just thinking of ideas though.
Keep talking / brainstorming. Ideas are free. Keep filtering them through CENTS and something will pop up. Get as many lines as you can into the water! You got this!!

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
and back down the anger and aggression ..... you come off as a 19 year old know it all
You're not reading me right, there was no anger and aggression in anything I said. It's hard to gage, guage, gauge, well I forgot the spelling but what I'm trying to say is that it's hard to tell the tone of someone when reading a block of text. I also said earlier that I didn't mean to come off as aggressive, I'm trying to be conversational and not aggressive.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
You're not reading me right, there was no anger and aggression in anything I said. It's hard to gage, guage, gauge, well I forgot the spelling but what I'm trying to say is that it's hard to tell the tone of someone when reading a block of text. I also said earlier that I didn't mean to come off as aggressive, I'm trying to be conversational and not aggressive.
you just did it again.

quit handing your failing to others. take responsibility and affect change.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
you just did it again.

quit handing your failing to others. take responsibility and affect change.
Lol I don't know what you want me to say, I'm not handing you my failure. I'm telling you that I am not trying to be aggressive. If there is a certain way that I'm talking that makes me seem aggressive, why don't you tell me?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
CENTS.jpg
I might need to re-read through all my notes. One problem I have is that I sometimes forget the information I read from a book which is why I took notes, also that might be another reason reading Unscripted will help.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
I'm sorry if I came across as arrogant, rude, or aggressive to anyone. I am trying to understand what you all are saying but I am a bit lost right now when trying to find the value I can offer to others. I didn't mean to come across like that.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm sorry if I came across as arrogant, rude, or aggressive to anyone. I am trying to understand what you all are saying but I am a bit lost right now when trying to find the value I can offer to others. I didn't mean to come across like that.

I didn't find your posts as rude, but making an apology demonstrates some strong emotional intelligence. Good job my friend. This type of skill and self-reflection will do you wonders as an entrepreneur. :clap::
:fistbump::thumbsup::praise:

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Have you identified a specific problem you want to solve?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.