The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What GURUs are really selling you...

Guru

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
LOL!

Weekly restaurants. Wow. Not only does he go to restaurants, he goes weekly.

I bet they drink water with extra lemons, steal the silverware, and stuff her purse full of mints on the way out after stiffing the waiter.
Plant bugs in the food to ransom for free meal

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
View attachment 48710

Holy shitballs I didn’t know this guy was such a legit baller. I hope my girl doesn’t find this guy.

I swear, every time I log onto Twitter I see this guy's BS in my feed.

I don't follow him.

I don't follow anyone like him.

WTF do I keep seeing his shit?

As always with guys like this, the devil is in the details...

Home gym = Cinder blocks and a pipe in a back closet.
MacBook Pro = 9 years old bought off Craigslist
TopShelf Liquor = Smirnoff
Prime Cut Steak = bought on clearance due to 6 days expired
Weekly Restaurants = Subway, Arbys and a big lavish excursion, Olive Garden
Big Computer Monitors = Bought 4 years used from Goodwill.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I swear, every time I log onto Twitter I see this guy's BS in my feed.

I don't follow him.

I don't follow anyone like him.

WTF do I keep seeing his shit?

As always with guys like this, the devil is in the details...

Home gym = Cinder blocks and a pipe in a back closet.
MacBook Pro = 9 years old bought off Craigslist
TopShelf Liquor = Smirnoff
Prime Cut Steak = bought on clearance due to 6 days expired
Weekly Restaurants = Subway, Arbys and a big lavish excursion, Olive Garden
Big Computer Monitors = Bought 4 years used from Goodwill.
If fire is the path, they would live a better life signing a career with military.

Everything is free and not much chance to spend any money.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I agree that winners are going to win no matter the course or content they consume. That’s why I think they should keep their money and put it towards their business or investments rather than an overpriced, POS course or seminar ;) or get one that’s a good value.

Some of those courses are absolutely ludicrously expensive. I mean eye wateringly overpriced. The sellers have to be in the back rooms making fun of the buyers. I would not be able to stomach it.
I bought Don Lapre's course when I was in college. LOL I actually made $50 from it.
My brother bought Carlton Sheet's course when he was in college.

I think the difference is that there are people that buy courses and then don't do anything and then just buy another course. And there are people who buy a course, try to implement it and learn from it. Maybe it doesn't work out and they purchase another course afterwards, but their knowledge and experience actually increase with each purchased course until they find their way.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I bought Don Lapre's course when I was in college. LOL I actually made $50 from it.
My brother bought Carlton Sheet's course when he was in college.

I think the difference is that there are people that buy courses and then don't do anything and then just buy another course. And there are people who buy a course, try to implement it and learn from it. Maybe it doesn't work out and they purchase another course afterwards, but their knowledge and experience actually increase with each purchased course until they find their way.
I paid for a real estate wholesaling course recently and I would probably buy some other courses if they were relevant to what I'm doing, seemed helpful, and were low price, but I was really referring to the $10,000+ courses sold by famous "gurus" like Kiyosaki and Robbins with their big seminars etc.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Somehow Twitter decided that I too should see this douche’s posts! And now I can’t un-see them.

He’s a millionaire because he hit $1MM net worth.

*sigh*

How do you stop people like him from recruiting poor souls?

View: https://twitter.com/steveonspeed/status/1656288232747724803?s=46&t=QVRWd3GUWSHaaHwdvWGZPg

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Somehow Twitter decided that I too should see this douche’s posts! And now I can’t un-see them.

*sigh*

How do you stop people like him from recruiting poor souls?

View: https://twitter.com/steveonspeed/status/1656288232747724803?s=46&t=QVRWd3GUWSHaaHwdvWGZPg
Twitter and Facebook don’t decide anything for me because I’m not around. :rofl::hilarious:

… But when I was there they showed this garbage to me too. Like Covid, the guy is a disease the lizard overlords are embracing for some reason.

IMG_9029.jpeg

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

*sigh*

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
CNBC enters the room. “Check out this rad article man.”

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice example of:
Excellent execution / bad idea - you can still make money haha.

As for the article. Good that we talk about the right ideas on the Faslane forum.

$10.000.000 = baby billionaire. Let’s start there. :D

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
CNBC enters the room. “Check out this rad article man.”

Omg it’s actually THE douche!

How’s he getting mainstream media coverage? Is the herd really that stupid? I think I just lost my innocence.

Meanwhile …

View: https://twitter.com/joepompliano/status/1656421722461986816?s=46&t=QVRWd3GUWSHaaHwdvWGZPg

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How’s he getting mainstream media coverage? Is the herd really that stupid?

He's a useful idiot... a World Economic Forum stooge who can advance the WEF utopia... hence, the front page news.

Anyone who consumes nothing and saves/invests everything is a WEF wet dream.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
a phenomenal book that can help us all understand why gurus are so attractive to us that I've been reading, which was recommended by @AllenCrawley is Brand Seduction by Daryl Weber.

Obviously the information in this book is not just for gurus, it's a total wealth of knowledge when it comes to branding.

The whole book is about building what Daryl calls a "Brand Fantasy" - a fantasy world that links positive feelings and emotions to a particular thing or person.

When you look at it through these lens, the guru world makes total sense. Social media allows people such as gurus to create a carefully structured world that in reality is an illusion, but feels so real to people viewing it.

People REALLY think that Andrew Tate's lifestyle portrayed on social media is because of the "18 Modern Wealth Creation" methods he sells in hustler university. .lol

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Why don't you sell them up?
I don’t think they are bad investment. I just think being obsessed with them like goldbugs are not a right way of living a life.

Buy and forget about it is the right way.

GustavoBau96

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 31, 2022
Many of these youtube gurus, especially the ones in their late teens to early/mid 20s, look very douchey.

Also good to see Alex Hormonzi on that guru list in the article. Always knew something was off with him. If one smells like a guru or talks like a guru, he IS a guru.

"Like their younger counterparts, these men often espouse deep mistrust of higher education and government, encouraging followers to devote their time and money to learn how to market themselves and their entrepreneurial ventures."

So basically most of this forum lol
The problem is that we also have fake subjects in academia nowadays. For example, in women's studies or even business classes in which those professors make it extremely long to keep people there.
If you don't pick STEM you are probably wasting your time in college.

GustavoBau96

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 31, 2022
Many of these youtube gurus, especially the ones in their late teens to early/mid 20s, look very douchey.

Also good to see Alex Hormonzi on that guru list in the article. Always knew something was off with him. If one smells like a guru or talks like a guru, he IS a guru.

"Like their younger counterparts, these men often espouse deep mistrust of higher education and government, encouraging followers to devote their time and money to learn how to market themselves and their entrepreneurial ventures."

So basically most of this forum lol
We also have fake subjects in Academia (most liberal arts degrees and business degrees)
If you don't choose STEM. Probably, going to college is a bad idea.

80% of people in the US don't choose STEM and now they need a bailout.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
There are two types of gurus : B2C gurus and B2B gurus. Alex Hormonzi is operating on the same business model as Gary Vee.

Those prepubescent and 20+ year old gurus are selling their courses (The Product) to you, the Customer.

In the case of Alex and Gary, YOU are The Product. They're using you, a numerical digit in their business model, to get clout, proof and social status, from which they use to give assurance and confidence to investors, to get the big $$$ deals/funding and whatever stuff they need to enrich their own bank accounts.

Some gurus are really good at disguising and people don't start waking up until years later. In the 2017-2019 period, young boys were salivating over Gary Vee. They nod their heads at everything he says. Many would even pay him $$$ to crawl under his legs in front of a cheering audience if given an "opportunity".

What happens now? People started waking up a couple years ago to him, you start seeing comments in YouTube comment section making fun of him and his hustle culture.

The exact same thing is happening with Hormonzi. Young dudes consuming his books and bow to him like he's the 2nd coming of Jesus, but years later, some start waking up and realize, hey, he's a guru!

The only one "guru" which I'm still not certain if he's a guru is David Fogarty.
I haven't really watched a whole lot of Alex Hormozi content, even though I kinda liked it when it first started taking off, but the "billionaire" clickbait stuff really puts me off. I'm sure there's some good stuff in his content, but when I start getting bombarded with "billionaire yo!" youtube titles, I'm outtie.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I haven't really watched a whole lot of Alex Hormozi content, even though I kinda liked it when it first started taking off, but the "billionaire" clickbait stuff really puts me off. I'm sure there's some good stuff in his content, but when I start getting bombarded with "billionaire yo!" youtube titles, I'm outtie.

He has been appearing more and more on my YouTube feed in recent days. Looking at his thumbnails and doing a deeper google dive into reddit forums where people are talking about him, I'm going to double down on my original posts and say yes, I can now confirm that he IS a guru and a scammer. What a disgusting guy.

"Find your most expensive competitor and price your services at 10x their price"

48 laws of power : be so outrageous and bold and write/speak with such conviction that people indeed think that what you're saying IS the truth. His $0.99 book will lead to upsells, masterclasses, mastermind sessions, inner VIP circles, Hormozi bootcamp and lunch retreats if he hasn't done all that already. You mean a multimillionaire has so much time to post so much videos? What about his actual businesses? Lol basically just another Gary V who make $$$ from seminars and events.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
He has been appearing more and more on my YouTube feed in recent days. Looking at his thumbnails and doing a deeper google dive into reddit forums where people are talking about him, I'm going to double down on my original posts and say yes, I can now confirm that he IS a guru and a scammer. What a disgusting guy.

"Find your most expensive competitor and price your services at 10x their price"

48 laws of power : be so outrageous and bold and write/speak with such conviction that people indeed think that what you're saying IS the truth. His $0.99 book will lead to upsells, masterclasses, mastermind sessions, inner VIP circles, Hormozi bootcamp and lunch retreats if he hasn't done all that already. You mean a multimillionaire has so much time to post so much videos? What about his actual businesses? Lol basically just another Gary V who make $$$ from seminars and events.
I don't know about all of that, could be, but I just find it pretty unrelatable and sets off some red flags for me when the word billionaire starts getting thrown around a lot.

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
David Fogarty seems like he has good intentions, though I don’t know why he would want to teach people e-commerce when he could do the same thing him self, since he has so much experience.

That said, I like the fact he isn’t outwardly a douche who poses in front of cars for clout. He has nice things, And I believe he worked hard to get them.
I am not present in their mind, but I do know they take a whole day to create a video about "let me show you how to do e-commerce" while inserting suggestions of services they own for your own needs, so they make money that way.

For example, a "guru" will post a video on how to do money on Ebay with tips and tricks. Inside the video, he will show you a very useful website with data and insights that will give you an important edge over the competition!

Guess what...the youtuber/guru owns that website and the video is actually a way to incite people to pay for the service.

It's like the +100 year old story of when people were looking for gold on the Western coast of the US: promote the benefits of a shovel when digging for gold, and where to buy it without telling them you actually are the seller of shovels....

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I don't know about all of that, could be, but I just find it pretty unrelatable and sets off some red flags for me when the word billionaire starts getting thrown around a lot.
He was on My First Million podcast again recently

He was very honest about everything on there

If anyone is curious about him just listen to that

Also as a side note I don’t even know many business owners and like @Black_Dragon43 I also know 2 who have built massive companies based on Sam Ovens and Taki Moores teachings

Actually 3 who used Sam and 2 who used Taki

This isn’t an endorsement but if you are ignoring all courses because the people might be gurus you are leaving money and education on the table

Invest in your business, invest in yourself and invest in your education

Maven seems like a good platform too, the courses are all live and cohort based, a little harder to be a fake guru on there

My ecommerce learning curve was cut significantly by joining what’s now I think a $6000 a year course early in my journey

Mr.Nichan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 18, 2023
Stockholm, Sweden
In the case of Alex and Gary, YOU are The Product. They're using you, a numerical digit in their business model, to get clout, proof and social status, from which they use to give assurance and confidence to investors, to get the big $$$ deals/funding and whatever stuff they need to enrich their own bank accounts.
You dont have to like a person to follow their advice if they are proven to be successful. The thing with Alex is that he is open about his reasons and intentions to post the content he does. He actually redacted his statements of "not having anything to sell you" since his definition of that did not hold up because of him selling his $100M Offers book. He is selling that for the lowest amount that is possible on amazon, but that amount is still bringing a small amount of profit hence his inability to factually say he has nothing to sell.

Even if he looks and talks like a guru you can't deny his success and his transparency in his reasons. His content is immensely valuable for basically every part of business and I think you would miss out on allot by writing him off before at least listening to some of what he has to say.

Mark me as a fanboy or whatever. But I would see his content as equally valuable even if I didn't like him.

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 29, 2022

+ shit ton of effort into his youtube channel presence.

The real Ephraim

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 1, 2023
I wish the truth made bank, but it doesn’t. My radio show has made approx negative $1500 in the last 12 months. :rofl:

Me- “Hey, try hard and work your a$$ off to build something scalable, I believe in you. Here’s why you should believe in yourself too.”

The world- “where is that dropshipping course, maybe I should be a copywriter.”

Me- “I’m just going to record a show whenever I feel like it now.”
You're giving people the truth, and your presentation is so bright and open and clear, and at the same time, it's all GOLD, and I've heard 10 podcasts, and it's a tremendous selfless value to the good of the people! Huge endless gratitude and discouraging health!!!! Keep creating!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.