The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What does it take to start a protein bar company? (co-packer, FDA, etc?)

TurboBox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 19, 2020
Sydney
What are the ways you can go about starting a protein bar company and the associated costs?

I'm assuming 2 ways are:

- Finding a co-packer
- Making it yourself by renting a commercial kitchen?

But what about FDA approval etc?

And how much does a co-packer actually cost? E.g., formulation of recipe, packaging, MOQ for first batch etc...

Would love to hear your experience with this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
From previous experience you're looking at $1.50-2 a bar with a co-packer. You would just need to specify the ingredients/dosage per serving and they can give you an accurate quote - typically they have large minimum quantities of say 1000 or more, sometimes less.

You might want to study the journey of Quest and how they would rent out empty space from other larger food companies and what other strategies they used in the beginning.

D

Deleted85763

What are the ways you can go about starting a protein bar company and the associated costs?

I'm assuming 2 ways are:

- Finding a co-packer
- Making it yourself by renting a commercial kitchen?

But what about FDA approval etc?

And how much does a co-packer actually cost? E.g., formulation of recipe, packaging, MOQ for first batch etc...

Would love to hear your experience with this.
I think the major issue will be making a profit. There's so much competition these days. I just saw all kinds of them at my local supermarket. It was bewildering. But don't let that keep you from going foreword with enthusiasm. Make a great tasting product that is genuinely nutritious and affordable and I'll buy it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.