The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Do Your Guys Daily Schedules look like?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Mines typically waking up at 9:30, working until about 5, sleeping til 7, working til 4:30-5am then calling it a night.
I am guessing you live alone!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
-Wake up about 7-7:30, without an alarm.
-Take a long shower.
-Get a nice shave in.
-Get a coffee from Panera.
-Go into the office, take my morning calls.
-Record a radio show.
-Deal with what rolled in during the radio show.
-By about 1PM I can handle the rest of my day from my phone so I go to the gym.
-If I had in-person meetings I would usually schedule them in the afternoon, but that has since waned.

I am never "out of pocket" or "off the clock," but I can pretty much do whatever I want.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Time-blocking my week
  • The run and gym fell by the wayside.
  • I no longer do the client reports on Monday, a couple of team members do those.
  • I don't do YouTube stuff at the moment either. I'm working on other things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Onakosa

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Time-blocking my week
  • I no longer do the client reports on Monday, a couple of team members do those.
i've just looked at your timeblock schedule. I am impressed/somewhat staggered that you're still feeling so much family time after a near year long lockdown! I mean, I love my children but I did a little mental jump for joy the day they went finally back to school! :-D

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
i've just looked at your timeblock schedule. I am impressed/somewhat staggered that you're still feeling so much family time after a near year long lockdown! I mean, I love my children but I did a little mental jump for joy the day they went finally back to school! :-D
Oh yes, it was a relief when they went back to school!

My work hours are 9:00 - 14:30 then 21:00 - 00:00 Monday to Friday. I'll often work evenings at the weekend if everyone is in bed (I can't stand TV).

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
- wake up around 5.30 without alarm
- hydrate, then meditate for about 15 min
- read few pages of philosophy
- walk with my son to school (about 15min away), then continue walking to get it to about an hour
- coffee + shower
- work usually from 8 to 2pm
- exercise and eat
- by then it is usually 3.30ish. Work a bit more until 5.30ish
- 5.30 ish to 6.30: cooking / eating again
- from there to 9ish, can be anything: learning, working a bit more, socializing when possible, with fam or going for a walk
- then stretching, winding down

I no longer have a schedule for Saturday / Sunday. I keep those two days mainly open to allow for serendipity.

Very curious about @biophase and @WJK schedule

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Time-blocking my week

Wait, WTF. I saw your time block calendar, but it seems you're only working a few hours a day, and pretty much the rest of all the time is family time? This is what post-success fastlane life looks like?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
7ish: Wake up, girlfriend makes breakfast, I come downstairs, drink coffee, and look out at the lake, eat breakfast

8-9ish: Make the schedule for the guys. They start working. (Lawn care company)

10ish: Give a quote to a customer if there's one scheduled

Depending on the time of year:

1. Golf a little bit
2. Tan out on the dock or go swimming and drink a mojito

Noonish: Lunch

Depending on the time of year:

1. Go up to Snoqualmie pass to ski a bit

Possibly meet with another customer for a quote if there's one scheduled.

Late afternoon: Gym, dinner, hangout at home or go hangout with my best friend, or work on my business if it needs attention.

Nights are when I do creative work mostly.

Bedtime: when I get tired, usually around 11.

This schedule is some of the time..

Other times, I head out and work alongside the guys. I'm interviewing, training, getting stuff for the business, etc. But when those things are taken care of, I have a nice and easy day. The only thing that I have to do is get more customers. The systems are there. The work is simple. Once the guys are hired and trained and given the equipment and have a truck to use, it runs smoothly. The plan is to keep signing people up, add more crews, and keep multiplying my income. Each new crew brings in an extra 6-7k a month profit. Once we get to 8-10 crews in a few years or so from now, it should be a good foundation to launch another location. From there we'll just add more and more locations. I got time, I'm 24.

I like what I do. I could do this for a long time. Sure it bugs me when I have to deal with employee problems, complaining customers, etc. But that's part of the game, and it goes pretty smoothly. Our customer acquisition cost is tiny, the work is easy to delegate, and the consistency is amazing. It's so nice to know what next month's income is going to be. It's nice knowing that it takes 2 days to train new employees. It's nice having recurring revenue contracts paid with credit cards each month, and that each sale isn't just a sale, it's a sale each month for the rest of the foreseeable future; like if each time I signup a customer I won a scratch off ticket that says "You've won +$100 a month profit for life".

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wait, WTF. I saw your time block calendar, but it seems you're only working a few hours a day, and pretty much the rest of all the time is family time? This is what post-success fastlane life looks like?
I’m working about 7-8 hours a day, just split into two shifts.

I wouldn’t describe myself as being at post-success. I work for myself, which means I can set my own hours.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Currently traveling, so it changes a little, but, in general:

I make a 'power list' each day. The top 5 things I need to accomplish the next day.
Right now, it's things like 'Practice Spanish for 30-45 minutes'
or
Take Udemy course for 90 minutes

I*try* not to look at my phone for the first 1-2 hours. Just to focus down.
If I check emails... my brain starts to lose focus quickly...

This is an outline, as when we get to new cities or countries, things change somewhat.
But, this is the ideal day for me.

Also, it's 7 days a week. There is really no difference between a Monday or Sunday in my brain.

4am - Wake up. Start on Priority #1

530am/6am to 7/730am - Priority # 2

730-830am - breakfast, shower, goof off (internet time)

~9-noon - mix of my next Priorities (ideally getting them all done by then)
Usually I have done 1-4.
This is when I ideally do any work emails. Respond to the guys at the office, or whatever.
Read any reports...

noon - 4pm is fun time

1pm - gym

3pm - late lunch/dinner

4-6pm - Priority #5 if I haven't finished it.

7-815pm - something mindless, I usually don't have a lot of energy by this point.

830p - bedtime

Onakosa

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
- wake up around 5.30 without alarm
- hydrate, then meditate for about 15 min
- read few pages of philosophy
- walk with my son to school (about 15min away), then continue walking to get it to about an hour
- coffee + shower
- work usually from 8 to 2pm
- exercise and eat
- by then it is usually 3.30ish. Work a bit more until 5.30ish
- 5.30 ish to 6.30: cooking / eating again
- from there to 9ish, can be anything: learning, working a bit more, socializing when possible, with fam or going for a walk
- then stretching, winding down

I no longer have a schedule for Saturday / Sunday. I keep those two days mainly open to allow for serendipity.

Very curious about @biophase and @WJK schedule
I would love for my schedule to look like this but I just can't do the 0530 thing. Doesn't help that it's dark and cold here at the moment. Did you (or anyone else?) find it easy to start waking up at this time or is something that you have to teach/force yourself to do? And what time do you go to bed at?

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
I would love for my schedule to look like this but I just can't do the 0530 thing. Doesn't help that it's dark and cold here at the moment. Did you (or anyone else?) find it easy to start waking up at this time or is something that you have to teach/force yourself to do? And what time do you go to bed at?
I've always just had to force myself to get up early with an alarm.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

It is natural for me. Of the four chronotypes, I'm a Lion.

I go to bed between 9.30 to 10.30. Unless if there is a reason to stay up later. But I avoid making any decisions or doing anything mentally challenging around that time. It is a very suboptimal time for me.

It is the same here dark and cold. I still naturally get up around 5.30. Sometimes, it goes up to 6.30 or 7. Rarely more than that. During the summer, if I allow light to get in, I get up about 30min to an hour earlier.

Though, if you can, work around your natural sleep rhythm. One of my closest friends is a night owl. She is in a creative field. She has a similar approach to Andy's. Workday splits in two, does her solo creative work at night, schedule everything that needs to be in direct contact with clients or partners late in the AM or in the PM.

Onakosa

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
It is natural for me. Of the four chronotypes, I'm a Lion.

I go to bed between 9.30 to 10.30. Unless if there is a reason to stay up later. But I avoid making any decisions or doing anything mentally challenging around that time. It is a very suboptimal time for me.

It is the same here dark and cold. I still naturally get up around 5.30. Sometimes, it goes up to 6.30 or 7. Rarely more than that. During the summer, if I allow light to get in, I get up about 30min to an hour earlier.

Though, if you can, work around your natural sleep rhythm. One of my closest friends is a night owl. She is in a creative field. She has a similar approach to Andy's. Workday splits in two, does her solo creative work at night, schedule everything that needs to be in direct contact with clients or partners late in the AM or in the PM.
Interesting. Thank you.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
She has a similar approach to Andy's. Workday splits in two, does her solo creative work at night, schedule everything that needs to be in direct contact with clients or partners late in the AM or in the PM.
That’s interesting. I’ve not has so many evening calls recently and feel much better. I think the evening is my creative period and the day is more task orientated. I think having a 10pm call screws up my 9pm till midnight session.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.