The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Do You Think of My Website/Business?

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas
Fellow Fast Laners,

Can you give me some brutally honest feedback on what you think of my e-commerce business?

Our company is called BeeSaucy and we are a skateboarding brand that offers the following products: Skateboard Wax, T-Shirts, Skateboards, etc.
Our website is: www.beesaucyskateproducts.com

What do you guys like about it? What don't you like? Comments for improvement? Are the prices reasonable?
Any constructive feedback is helpful!

****UPDATE****
I have made some changes to the site since the original posting. Thank you every who provided the initial feedback! Further feedback is still appreciated. I am constantly updating the site.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
What is it?

Who is it for?

Why would I buy it?

What's the story behind the brand?

Can I trust this site?

I can't answer any of these questions about your business with confidence. Then again, I'm probably not your target audience.

koroa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 27, 2020
Malaysia
Fellow Fast Laners,

Can you give me some brutally honest feedback on what you think of my e-commerce business?

Our company is called BeeSaucy and we are a skateboarding brand that offers the following products: Skateboard Wax, T-Shirts, Skateboards, etc.
Our website is: www.beesaucyskateproducts.com

What do you guys like about it? What don't you like? Comments for improvement? Are the prices reasonable?
Any constructive feedback is helpful1

Hello BeeSaucy

There's some things can changed or improved in the store that can be noticed, in addition to the points that Sebastya talked about, such as:

-products: you said that you are focusing on skaters, you have 7 products, and 4 of them has nothing to do with that. you have 2 shirt, wrist band, and a sticker that just has your logo in it, what has that to with skaters? maybe try to pick more niche-focused products.

-pictures: the only have one picture of every product, and it's either low-res (the shirt), or the product doesn't look good (the skate was is a bit dirty). try to get a product photographer to take better pictures for your products.

-Product Description is missing: this is self-explanatory, add descriptions with pictures of people using your product.

-Payment methods: like Sebastya said, how can i trust your store? maybe add a trusted online payment system to you store.

-Website Design: in the products pages, the add to cart button is not showing up correctly, it's faded and cannot be seen well, and the same for the buy now button, maybe add some borders and small effects to it, make it look fancy.

-Keyword: you're not using a good keywords in your product names, try to focus on adding important keywords to the title and to the description of the products. For example: instead of BeeSaucy Wax, try something like BeeSaucy Skateboard Wax, or Skateboard Wax - BeeSaucy. (I'm new to SEO but I hope you got the idea).

I hope this can help

there's a lot you can do, but like I said I am not an expert but you can start by doing this stuff and try to make your store unique so it doesn't look like any Shopify store out there.
and yeah, English is not my first language, sorry for any grammatical mistakes.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
From my perspective, the whole 'bee saucy' thing is kind of corny. Especially as you have a bee as your mascot. But as aforementioned, people here are likely not your target audience.

From ecomms standpoint, the website doesn't really convey much in terms of what am I supposed to do on your homepage? No 'buy now' or 'find out more'. Maybe focus on answering Sebastya's questions above and seeing how you can adjust website accordingly.

picanha-guy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
May 16, 2020
Europe
Just like Sebastya said:
Can I trust this site?
At least create a contact page and maybe a FAQ?
Before I buy from a strange / new website I want to see some basic information like:
- Where are you based?
- What payment methods are allowed?
- Where do you ship to? (What countries, do you even ship to my country?)
- What if something is wrong with the product or shipping, how can I return it?
- Can I contact you? Phone? Email? Address?

If you hide your contact information, I personally would not trust the website so I would search for the next website that has the product I'm looking for.

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
Skateboarders like street art a lot. Graffiti like stuff. I like your logo a lot it's something special.
Pictures of wax should be shot from the side and on a white background.
Shirts should be worn by someone who is midair on his skateboard doing some cool trick, prefferably someone that has a major following on social media.

But there's one mayor problem with skaters a lot of them don't care about special brands. I saw some people use pan spray, candle wax, butter anything they can find.
Have a good day.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The brand doesn’t make any sense. What is your focus because most of the stuff you have is swag that other companies would giveaway.

you have 2 waxes and that’s it. What’s so special about them? What kind of bees make the wax? Where are the bees from?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Is your name Michael and do you have a sister that lives in Abilene?

Yes, weird questions but I think I might know you. :)

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas
Is your name Michael and do you have a sister that lives in Abilene?

Yes, weird questions but I think I might know you. :)
Abilene TX? No but it’s very close to where we are based from. We’ve sold a lot of products to people in TX so maybe that’s why

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas
Hello BeeSaucy

There's some things can changed or improved in the store that can be noticed, in addition to the points that Sebastya talked about, such as:

-products: you said that you are focusing on skaters, you have 7 products, and 4 of them has nothing to do with that. you have 2 shirt, wrist band, and a sticker that just has your logo in it, what has that to with skaters? maybe try to pick more niche-focused products.

-pictures: the only have one picture of every product, and it's either low-res (the shirt), or the product doesn't look good (the skate was is a bit dirty). try to get a product photographer to take better pictures for your products.

-Product Description is missing: this is self-explanatory, add descriptions with pictures of people using your product.

-Payment methods: like Sebastya said, how can i trust your store? maybe add a trusted online payment system to you store.

-Website Design: in the products pages, the add to cart button is not showing up correctly, it's faded and cannot be seen well, and the same for the buy now button, maybe add some borders and small effects to it, make it look fancy.

-Keyword: you're not using a good keywords in your product names, try to focus on adding important keywords to the title and to the description of the products. For example: instead of BeeSaucy Wax, try something like BeeSaucy Skateboard Wax, or Skateboard Wax - BeeSaucy. (I'm new to SEO but I hope you got the idea).

I hope this can help

there's a lot you can do, but like I said I am not an expert but you can start by doing this stuff and try to make your store unique so it doesn't look like any Shopify store out there.
and yeah, English is not my first language, sorry for any grammatical mistakes.
Thanks for the feedback. I am going to be steadily updating the site as we go. There’s a lot to improve on for sure. I wanted to get feedback to make sure I don’t miss anything.

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas
From my perspective, the whole 'bee saucy' thing is kind of corny. Especially as you have a bee as your mascot. But as aforementioned, people here are likely not your target audience.

From ecomms standpoint, the website doesn't really convey much in terms of what am I supposed to do on your homepage? No 'buy now' or 'find out more'. Maybe focus on answering Sebastya's questions above and seeing how you can adjust website accordingly.
A lot of different skateboard brands have mascots. For example Enjoi’s mascot is a panda. Not that we’re trying to copy that but I definitely see your point. The brand is BeeSaucy because saucy is a term a lot of skaters use when a trick is landed cleanly or smoothly they call it saucy, so be saucy would mean to land your tricks cleanly. That’s why we have that name. Thanks for the feedback

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm a boarder, your website looks like it was built in under 10 minutes, no wheels, no trucks, no details on where the pre order board is from....

Most people in the skate culture don't really care about shirts or merch, we want good equipment. There's no reason to have clothing for sale.

Finish the site... lol

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas
Just like Sebastya said:

At least create a contact page and maybe a FAQ?
Before I buy from a strange / new website I want to see some basic information like:
- Where are you based?
- What payment methods are allowed?
- Where do you ship to? (What countries, do you even ship to my country?)
- What if something is wrong with the product or shipping, how can I return it?
- Can I contact you? Phone? Email? Address?

If you hide your contact information, I personally would not trust the website so I would search for the next website that has the product I'm looking for.
Yes all of that is in the process of being added. This definitely in the very early stages and nowhere near the finished design

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas
Skateboarders like street art a lot. Graffiti like stuff. I like your logo a lot it's something special.
Pictures of wax should be shot from the side and on a white background.
Shirts should be worn by someone who is midair on his skateboard doing some cool trick, prefferably someone that has a major following on social media.

But there's one mayor problem with skaters a lot of them don't care about special brands. I saw some people use pan spray, candle wax, butter anything they can find.
Have a good day.
Thats definitely the direction we were going with that. Thanks for the feedback!

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas
What is it?

Who is it for?

Why would I buy it?

What's the story behind the brand?

Can I trust this site?

I can't answer any of these questions about your business with confidence. Then again, I'm probably not your target audience.
Thank you for all the feedback those questions are in the process of being added into the website. This is just the skeleton so to speak

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
How do you plan to compete with all the big brands?

Are you going to sell trucks and wheels?

A product you could look into is shoes, constant ripping and tossing shoes into the garbage is a big problem in the community....solve that if you are up for the challenge.

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas

A product you could look into is shoes, constant ripping and tossing shoes into the garbage is a big problem in the community....solve that if you are up for the challenge.

Yes! We were definitely trying to get into selling shoes as well! Trucks and wheels are being added also. And grip tape too. We’re still working on our plans to compete with the bigger brands but we’re not trying to overshoot right now. My last business I tried to 10x too quickly and ended up going under. So now I’m taking a more methodical approach.

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia

Some solution to fix torn shoes? Good idea.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I did e-commerce for 4 years and I'm going to be very straightforward here, you're going to have a terrible conversion rate with your current site. It looks like a runaway company.

Here's what you have to do:

• Add a shipping & returns page
  • Your current payment option sucks, either offer PayPal + Strip, Shopify Payments or just PayPal
  • Make that $3.99 wax seem like it's on sale down from $9.99
  • Add reviews for your products
  • Add a FAQ page
  • Design your site to look like an actual skater site. Currently it looks like a site for a funeral home.
  • Add trust badges (many free apps in Shopify app store for that).
  • Add an Add to Cart button, make it green or red
  • Instill some urgency in your clients by using a checkout timer & creative copywriting
  • Have a story for your products that will be found relatable and exciting by skaters
  • Send some free products to infuencers in the skating niche and have them advertise your store
  • Customize your checkout page with more trust badges, money back guarantees and appropriate media for the skating niche
  • Research your competitors and copy them, then improve upon what you have.
  • Put in some real effort, it doesn't really look like you tried.
Spray Paint | Graffiti Supplies & Accessories | Graff-City - This one has a great footer, try to copy it.

Last edited:

colinmacinnis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 1, 2020
Canada
Thanks for the feedback. I am going to be steadily updating the site as we go. There’s a lot to improve on for sure. I wanted to get feedback to make sure I don’t miss anything.

I like the man-sized bee on the skateboard haha. I wish you the best with it!

I'm on a similar journey through that sales/business development side of bringing a brand together online if you'd like to join along.

I have a YouTube channel of business owners and side hustlers I'm building. Let me know and I'll flip you the link :)

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas
I like the man-sized bee on the skateboard haha. I wish you the best with it!

I'm on a similar journey through that sales/business development side of bringing a brand together online if you'd like to join along.

I have a YouTube channel of business owners and side hustlers I'm building. Let me know and I'll flip you the link :)
Shoot me the link

BeeSaucy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 30, 2020
Texas
I did e-commerce for 4 years and I'm going to be very straightforward here, you're going to have a terrible conversion rate with your current site. It looks like a runaway company.

Here's what you have to do:

• Add a shipping & returns page
  • Your current payment option sucks, either offer PayPal + Strip, Shopify Payments or just PayPal
  • Make that $3.99 wax seem like it's on sale down from $9.99
  • Add reviews for your products
  • Add a FAQ page
  • Design your site to look like an actual skater site. Currently it looks like a site for a funeral home.
  • Add trust badges (many free apps in Shopify app store for that).
  • Add an Add to Cart button, make it green or red
  • Instill some urgency in your clients by using a checkout timer & creative copywriting
  • Have a story for your products that will be found relatable and exciting by skaters
  • Send some free products to infuencers in the skating niche and have them advertise your store
  • Customize your checkout page with more trust badges, money back guarantees and appropriate media for the skating niche
  • Research your competitors and copy them, then improve upon what you have.
  • Put in some real effort, it doesn't really look like you tried.
Spray Paint | Graffiti Supplies & Accessories | Graff-City - This one has a great footer, try to copy it.
Thank you for this feedback and yes it extremely basic, I’m slowly adding each of the points you mentioned. I appreciate the honesty on everything. I know the direction I need to head I just want to make sure I don’t miss anything

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.