• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

What do you think of my logo?

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Amro, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Amro

Amro Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $430
    Hi,

No, someone else.

I'll provide a platform where people will be able to auction their stuff with a few unique twists. I'm still surveying the market though but I allready found some interesting painpoints.

All the best,
    Amro

Telamon25346 and Xeon like this.
  2. Logomet

Logomet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $579
    Hi Amro,

I do logo design and branding for companies. You used Fiverr even that's a very bad place to get a logo. I won't talk why because there is no point doing that. I'll try to explain you how to fix your logo the best I can.

Consistency is very important when you're building a brand. You have 3 types of font styles in your logo. T, U and A are all different from each other. I see you want to make some or all letters special in some way, don't do that. Use the same font and make it unique in some way (not too much). You will have one of a kind logo and it will look professional.

Get rid of the tagline, you don't need it. If you want to explain your brand don't do it in the logo. Do it in ads, banners, social media content…..basically everywhere else. Logo has to be as simple as possible without losing message. You will have issues with it one day if you keep it ''busy''.

Logo isn't love on the first sight. Logo is all about time! National Geographic logo was just a yellow rectangle at the first day, but over time it has became THE YELLOW RECTANGLE everyone knows about. The same will be with your logo if you keep it simple.

Logo isn't a sentence (business), it's the dot at the end (something that give the full package to your business).

If you want to ask more, please do it.

One of logos I made, always keep it simple as possible.
    goodwatch_1x.png

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    jesseissorude, Longinus, Xeon and 2 others like this.
  3. whiz

whiz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,081
    This thread:

All helpful, realistic answers = ignored or answered in roundabout way

All other answers = "Thanks!"

4. Amro

Rep Bank:
    $430
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I'm leaving it like this now. I find it looks good enough for a start and to be honoust I want them to instantly see what the site is about. Visitors leave quickly because of three reasons: Loading speed, not knowing what the site is about, or not interested because of unprofessional look. Offer value in all ways and it will return in my opinion. Maybe later after I have some descent traffic I can alter it a little but for now i'll leave it like this.

Please explain what you mean? Thanks ;)

5. Logomet

Logomet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $579
    If you want to avoid unprofessional look, Fiverr isnt the right way.

You can have a banner on your site that will tell visitors whats the site about, dont do it in the logo.

6. whiz

whiz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,081
    I'm joking

Just poking fun at how the best answers in this thread were the least addressed

Amro, Timmy1990 and ZeroTo100 like this.
  7. ZeroTo100

ZeroTo100 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,343
    Hey @Amro,

With all due respect, treat this thread like a mastermind session...You have to take constructive criticism the same way you take the comments you like about your logo. Isn't that the point of the thread?

I'd like to share my opinion because logos really have to resonate well with your "brand."

You mention GOOGLE...Google is a misspelling of a "Googol," which is a math term for 10 to the 100th power. That's a 1 with a hundred zeros behind it. They were sort of clever also in creating all those pages with the O's back in the day...

For some reason, my entire message was wiped out.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Amro, Timmy1990 and Xeon like this.
  8. harp1600

harp1600 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $1,246
    Honestly, this logo looks great! I would really have to see the whole site to really see if it blends with it, but I like the colors!

Also, I'm not 100% on this but I think you should add a - (dash) on the "TopUp" part, but I'm not 100% on it so yeah.

Amro and Xeon like this.
  9. harp1600

harp1600 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $1,246
    I agree with that.

Also, (sidenote), what does that CTNNB thing mean?

Xeon likes this.
  10. Sebastya

Sebastya Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1,972
    Not the best, but logos aren't that important at this stage of your business.

I'd personally use another service like 48HoursLogo or even look at some premade logos on GraphicRiver.

=)

Timmy1990, Xeon and harp1600 like this.
  11. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,036
    Logo can't get you sales.....

No sales no business....

jesseissorude likes this.
  12. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,036
    I see a lot of talk of logos and hey I do nt need sales I need this pimping boat....you need sales spending all this time on a logo is a waste of time.

There's a thread here somewhere called what do you need? Take a look.

I made these mistakes building a logo etc.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  13. Logomet

Logomet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $579
    How the favicon of your website will look, you think the tagline will fit? Your logo will fail on many tests and one of them is scalabitly
    Do all professional companies have a logo? Yes.

If a company dont have a logo that means it’s not professional. I’m the first one who wouldnt buy or use a site that doesnt have built brand 100%.

“I dont have a budget for a logo” and similar are for small kids. Its all about how hard you really want it.

Many people say how they dont have a budget while typing all that using iPhone XS Max.

If its not importan nobody would use it. Big companies pay huge amounts of many for logo designs, why should they spend so much money on something thats not important?

Xeon and Amro like this.
  14. James Gill

James Gill Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $533
    Does it really need a background?

Amro likes this.
  15. Amro

Rep Bank:
    $430
    Hi,

Please explain what you mean?

I will do everything as properly as I can. I'm not in a rush. Basically administration is also not important right?

Maybe I ask what your revenue/profit is on a daily basis if you only focus on sales. I would NEVER buy something from a amateur website or something. Door to door sellers without an ID. You need to be a hell of a salesmen if I would sign some tv contract with you.

No hard feelings since I understand that it's meant well.

All the best,
    Amro

Xeon likes this.
  16. Telamon25346

Telamon25346 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $361
    In my opinion, your logo is great but honestly keep it simple. it's going to be hard in the future to translate it into different places if it has that much going on. you might have to put it on billboards, small icons, etc. some might not even have color. i'd say go with what @Logomet said and keep a simple but recognizable logo. the logo i designed for my marketing company was made in about 5 minutes with photoshop. it's just 1 letter but it still has a lot of meaning behind it.

Don't worry about the logo, just worry about enforcing the brand through social media, your work, etc. the logo isn't something you should stress on that much.

also if you want to outsource the work for your logo, try to find dedicated graphic designers that are good with making simple logos. Fiverr doesn't sit right with me for logo designs as it seems the people there are just following the commands of the people they work for, they might be skilled, but they do whatever you want, not whatever they know works. if you get what i mean.

Xeon likes this.
  17. Logomet

Logomet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $579
    Bottom line is....if you want a good logo you have to invest a solid amount of money and hire a good designer.

If you go on Fiverr and similar site, you will get what you pay for.

You are looking for a professional work. Do you really think professionals work for $5?

Do you know that Adobe Illustrator costs $55 a month? Designers have to pay taxes, healthcare, PayPal fees, currency exchange and so on.

Fiverr is 95% scam and really bad work made by 14 year olds. Logo development takes time. The only why you can sell it for $5 is to steal design or deliver bad and unprofessional work.

Xeon and Sebastya like this.
  18. Timmy1990

Rep Bank:
    $3,036
    GOLD! - How many action fakes can the fastlane come up with??

Stop Building Stuff

Hope that Helps.

But I'm done clearly your only interested in hearing what you want to hear and insult other members donno why I'm wasting my time this is last time I'm replying.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Amro likes this.
  19. Amro

Rep Bank:
    $430
  20. LPPC

LPPC Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $914
    The colors are really nice and the font is good too. I wouldn't change the ''U'' to be under the roof of the T and make the right side of the ''U'' into an arrow. That would make it too crowded. Keep it simple indeed. Or make the A more simple and then you can add other things to the U.

IMO

Edit: just saw the updated version on the second page. Looks much better!

Amro likes this.
  21. Amro

Rep Bank:
    $430
    Hi,

Thank you @LPPC for the kind feedback. Something like this:

Logo (12).jpg

All the best,
    Amro

Xeon and LPPC like this.
  22. Logomet

Logomet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $579
    T and U stands for one word, thts why you put it in the same color. Why did you put ut in different font?

Take a look at upper corners of U and A. U has sharp corners and A has slighty rounded corners.

TUA is way too big comparing to the name text. TUA is way too bold comparing to the name text.

Your design consistency is all over the place.

THE FIX:

Maku T in the same font as U. Because T and U will have sharp corners, make them in A too.

Make logo text more bold and size down TUA to be tall as 2x NAME TEXT.

The space between TUA and NAME TEXT should be 0.5x of NAME TEXT size.

By the way, why do you need background. Logo has to be delivered without background.

Howlitzer, Amro and Xeon like this.
  23. LPPC

LPPC Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $914
    Yes I updated me original post after having seen the updated version. I like it much better. But I am no logo expert ;)

Amro likes this.
  24. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $365,732
    Admin Post
    Don't like the T, doesn't jive with the rest. The earlier one gives me a military feel, the latter one seems out of place, like a different font.

Xeon, Amro and Logomet like this.
  25. Amro

Rep Bank:
    $430
    Hi @MJ DeMarco,

Thanks for the feedback. I allready accepted the design how it was so i'll reevaluate it in a few months om maybe slightly change it along the way but now I need to move on to the next tasks at hand. :)

All the best,
    Amro

Xeon likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.