The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you do when hit by failures?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
Hi everyone
I want to ask one (not so really) simple question.

how do you handle getting hit by failures?
I'm talking the kind of failures that make you rethink your plans, actions, future, mindset, abilities and what not.

I appreciate every answer

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi everyone

I'm talking the kind of failures that make you rethink your plans, actions, future, mindset, abilities and what not.

It seems that the answer is in your explanation.

Rethink your plans, actions, future and mindset, abilities.

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
It seems that the answer is in your explanation.

Rethink your plans, actions, future and mindset, abilities.
I guess there is something to it.
If you have ever dealt with this kind of failure, how have you coped mentaly?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I guess there is something to it.
If you have ever dealt with this kind of failure, how have you coped mentaly?
If there is no too much monetary loss I can shrug it off as lesson learnt.

Whenever I starts something that can fail I always ask what is the worst it can be.

There is a saying what does not destroy you makes you stronger.

Because failures are almost essentials and inevitable along the way as long as they don’t break you too bad they should be embraced.

Think of what you cannot lose first. Your health and the a few thousands of emergency fund for example. The rest are probably all can be chips on the tables- Your time, your ego, your...

I did whole selling gifts and toys for tourist and tested run in locations. Whats the worst that could happen? Zero sells and losing a few hundred dollar worth of samples with zero sales. Yes the worst happened. Zero sales at test locations.

I tried bottom fish crude oil futures at 2020 low in March. It went well until the price got negative and scared the shit out of traders like us who long it. You thought the worst of thing of investment is your investment going to zero..no sometimes it can go negative.

Needless to say. Everyone has their work or business affected by Covid 19. As long as someone remained healthy, not bankrupt, keep an open mind and remain ambitious, there is always a second chance to channel your effort again when everything falls into the right place.

In business you only need to succeed once.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Be thankful.

Gregory Carson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2020
United States, California
Hi everyone

Plan the work, and then, work the plan. The obvious problem, life is what happens while we make plans. Trouble with failure upsets in the stream is that they make you spend so much time thinking that things can get worse before they get better because less is done in any direction. My father had the best advice I have heard in my 57 years for times when I faced failure and had lost direction. He would tell me he did not know how to fix it either, but if you "put your head down and do some work" at least you won't make everything worse. He had stories about how just working on/at something completely unrelated would both let him get something done and eventually would lead a clear enough mind to find a solution or direction to consider to proceed from.

For me there was usually a resolution already in my thinking, but I was too busy processing and pondering the failure and resulting impacts to be able to hear myself. I am told, the sub-conscious mind is a better processor. And, I had found that when I just put my head down and do some work my focus and attention moves to the task at hand and the problem fades into the better processor. For me, every time so far, after enough processing things get clearer enough to let me begin to address the issue, or, at least, hear suggestions from others that actually get considered.

In the end, it might not help to just put your head down and do some work. But, it is not likely to hurt, and something might get done. Now, as it starts to happen to me, I can still hear my dad ... There have been times when lots of extra chores done at my place but it has always at least stopped the personal bleeding I feel from the failure.

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
Think of what you cannot lose first. Your health and the a few thousands of emergency fund for example. The rest are probably all can be chips on the tables- Your time, your ego, your...
That's right. when you have the basics you can start over, and again. and again.
In business you only need to succeed once.
That's a truth we often forget. we chase the small rush, the small gain, the small positive thing and risk so much for it. when all we need it just one good, solid, real success. thank you.

Be thankful.
Being thankful when facing failures is really hard, perhaps it is why it might be really beneficial. thanks.

For me there was usually a resolution already in my thinking, but I was too busy processing and pondering the failure and resulting impacts to be able to hear myself.
It happens often. thank you.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
When things go wrong it has never made me rethink my plans.

I rethink my plans when it’s peaceful and I can think clearly.

When things go wrong I get pissed off and make sure it never happens again.

Web design customers fraudulently chargeback $3000 worth of work? No more invoices paid by credit cards.

Lawn care customers F*ck us over? Contracts only with a 2 month cancellation fee from now on.

Employees steal from you? Cameras, more locks and background checks.

None of these things make me reevaluate my goals in life and how I’m going to get there. I make my plans in a peaceful mood, but when things go wrong and I get F*cked over, I’m a real mean son of a bitch.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
You accept it and move on. You can't change what has already happened but you can change what happens moving forward.

Take what you can from your experiences (I wouldn't even call them failures) and learn from them. Get up and start swinging again

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
When things go wrong it has never made me rethink my plans.

I rethink my plans when it’s peaceful and I can think clearly.

When things go wrong I get pissed off and make sure it never happens again.

Web design customers fraudulently chargeback $3000 worth of work? No more invoices paid by credit cards.

Lawn care customers f*ck us over? Contracts only with a 2 month cancellation fee from now on.

Employees steal from you? Cameras, more locks and background checks.

None of these things make me reevaluate my goals in life and how I’m going to get there. I make my plans in a peaceful mood, but when things go wrong and I get f*cked over, I’m a real mean son of a bitch.
That's sounds just like my attitude. I may fall really hard for a few hours or days but when I get back up I'm just an extra layer tougher, stronger and smarter.
thanks for pointing out that good thinking is done at good times, at lucid peacful times and not when one feels like in a shit storm.

You accept it and move on. You can't change what has already happened but you can change what happens moving forward.

Take what you can from your experiences (I wouldn't even call them failures) and learn from them. Get up and start swinging again
I know it is right, I say the same, it is just that I am no perfect yet, and not being affected by what has been done is often easier said than done. The "Failures" that hit hardest right now are the "Lessons" best learned for tommorow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.