The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do the Doers Do?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I have mostly kept things up to date

Still doing it. Income has increased greatly. We fired the top management and ran it ourselves until we found replacements.

More information in this post GOLD! - Margaritaville (I've Bought A Golf-Course!) I have kept it somewhat up to date.

Sorry mate I should have elaborated on my question more, I've been following your margaritaville thread from the start ;) Would love to tee it up there one day!

What I meant was how did you get on regarding the culture of your staff? I read that the super only lasted a couple of months, did you find that sweeping the broom through and clearing that top level out had an instant effect on the rest of your staff, or was there more to do to bring them up to speed?

So often that "this is how things done" response comes from senior management when as per this thread what was being done wasn't working. Sometimes those staff members can be whipped into line, sometimes they have to go.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Sorry mate I should have elaborated on my question more, I've been following your margaritaville thread from the start ;) Would love to tee it up there one day!

What I meant was how did you get on regarding the culture of your staff? I read that the super only lasted a couple of months, did you find that sweeping the broom through and clearing that top level out had an instant effect on the rest of your staff, or was there more to do to bring them up to speed?

So often that "this is how things done" response comes from senior management when as per this thread what was being done wasn't working. Sometimes those staff members can be whipped into line, sometimes they have to go.
Major change! We have a stable core of maintenance staff with lots of experience. They were all very happy with the change. We had a very experienced group in the golf shop also. Some changes were made there after sorting things out.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This post was originally intended to discuss the work that many people do to get their businesses started. So many people in the world think that successful business owners are lucky and entitled. Not worthy of what they created.

Starting a business is usually very challenging. MJ's story is one of many.

Most businesses have a lot of competition. It takes work to move past them.

The story that I outlined here about the golf course is no different than the majority of real estate transactions that I have done in the past. Most of the apartment buildings were complete fixers that required remodels.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
We are now averaging over 100 rounds per day and gaining. Nothing but compliments!!!!
Ha. Back when we started. This hundred rounds I mentioned are closer to 180 for November.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.