The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What did you do in 2015?

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Am I the only one who had a crummy 2015 ? :confused:

I'm sincerely glad to read that things went well for some people this past year.

I might have to start my own thread tomorrow on how bad 2015 was and all the things that went wrong :bawling:

I say good riddance.

Despite what I said 2015 for me wasn't all sunshine and roses,
  • Helped my friend start a company and he ran it to the ground then blamed me.
  • Family thought I was worthless because I was shoveling dirt 13 hrs a day(yay labour laws) but now I am making money...you guessed it.
  • Got burned by a client on a JV deal $XX,XXX that still pisses me off.
  • Had to do things that bordered on true hate in the red because of said Client.

F**k the things that went left haha , I'm glad for the ones that went right
no matter how small.

Looking forward to 2016

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted35442

I suggest you possibly change your perspective, it may not even be anything remotely related to "discipline" but maybe they are just tired of A) Spending money on them or B) Get used by the women they meet C) They meet women and it never goes anywhere

One size doesn't fit all
Maybe they should filter what they choose across in their dating pool. My girl fully supports me, doesn't care if or when we eat out. I cook for her, xxxxxccccccccccxxxxxy, and water the plants. Sounds like you're speaking from experience. :D

Anyways.

2015:

• Kick-started a hoax app with some friends that went viral with 100's of publications worldwide, trended on Twitter, lots of page views.
  • Started working for a self-made multimillionaire freelance with his own promotional company for major brand names.
  • Started a very niche lucrative consulting business heavily in-demand.
  • Starting a controversial eComm apparel company.
Here's my latest thread for whoever wants to join in my challenge for 2016.

Edited by Vigilante because this isn't a high school locker room.

Last edited by a moderator:

masaldana2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Maybe they should filter what they choose across in their dating pool. My girl fully supports me, doesn't care if or when we eat out. I cook for her, xxxxxccccccccccxxxxxy, and water the plants. Sounds like you're speaking from experience. :D

Anyways.

2015:

Edited by Vigilante because this isn't a high school locker room.

Well it's easy to say that when you're at that side of the fence. When you're single most partners don't understand the fastlane and don't want to be with a risktaker.
Notice I didnt say "all", there's always an exception to the rule and those partners are hard to find.
So yeah less time chasing women at the wrong places I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
what all this talk of woman chasing :D

There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and **** one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Lets walk down and **** 'em all".

Bob Hodges - Colors(1988)

Nam88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 31, 2012
Learned fb advertising, sold almost 90k USD worth of shirts online , moved back from Australia.

realize that the only way to success is to actually do something.

For 2016

pay my parents debts off

move out from their living room

open my own e commerce business (maybe import products from china?) , stop to sell other people stuff and become a fastlaner.

I am looking forward to 2016 but I am at the same moment afraid of it. Time is passing fast and you're always afraid of failure somehow.

We'll see

Good luck to everybody.

nitop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 21, 2015
1) learnt ins and outs of media buying
2) created products and sales funnel
3) optimized and tweaked the funnel to break even on the front end with cold traffic ( using trip wire )
4) outsourced and automated a number of daily routines

2016 goals:
1) scale my +ve expectancy sales funnel to 100k gross sales/ month via paid advertising
2) learn to code and design and launch some web apps
3) create more funnels in other niches

happy new years all, loved to read your achievements , wish u a prosperous new year!

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
2015, hmmmm it was a pretty low key year over all.
I Kept busy for the first third of the year on a large renovation contract, updating a customer's home so it could be sold at fair market value, it sold for 30% more than initially thought and it sold in the first week on the market. Their investment in the updates was well worth it, they were happy, then had me renovated the new home for them. Built a long tall privacy fence for another customer, then repaired the interior of a victorian home that had been mistreated by a plumbing contractor who tore up the walls and floors replacing all the galvanized pipes.... When I was done it looked like nothing had been done.... I then took some time in October to put a new roof on my garage, bought a new washer and dryer.
I went camping in the finger lakes, I cruised the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit, I visited family in southern Alberta, visited the Banff Springs hotel where I First worked after college, the place sure has changed in 30 years. On the way home I got to visit Mount Rushmore, not as big as I was expecting. I got to visit Car Henge in Alliance Nebraska, it's worth checking out on google. I also got to visit the home base in LeClair Iowa of the American Pickers, Now there is a good example of marketing and cashing in on their fame...... it was still very interesting to see.

Through all this I still found time to read, and learn both in books and online. First found Tai Lopez that led me here when googling him. Bought TMF while in Alberta. Read TMF and my mind expanded..... Thanks MJ.

2016 isn't looking great right now. In 2013 I worked in a start up for an individual who had big dreams of building large high end coaches/ mobile homes from new Provost coaches. He played at business thus failed in many ways for many reason, long story short he failed to deliver what he had promised his customer , that resulted in him and his start up being sued by the customer. the unfortunate part for me is that his customer has also named me in their claim against my former employer and his start up. The start up's lawyers and other lawyers that I've consulted with have all told me that I have no reasons to fear since I was nothing more than an employee, in now way, shape, or form a partner. This whole thing is a dark cloud over me right now.

Until this is over and behind me, I'm still going to continue reading and learning. I got some new video editing software that I'm in the process of learning how to use. The old windows movie maker I had used for my videos on my old youtube channel just will not do . I would like to revisit youtube and do so with professional looking videos.
I also will explore some self publishing. By explore I mean learn the ins and outs then see if it is something that I can make use of it as means to put my past experiences out there to help others. How to books, picture books, and such.
I will also continue doing repairs and small jobs to help improve people's enjoyment of their homes and properties.

Vincent_Vega

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 1, 2015
Best thing that happened was that I realized that the rat race isn't for me. So I paused college, got a job, am searching for an appartment and working on my business right now.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
First Half of 2015
  • Was working in auto sales
  • Neglected my health
  • Got fat
  • Hated life
  • Was living in a never-ending loop
  • Played a lot of video games
  • Hardly read anything
  • Quit drinking
  • Thought my bank account defined who I was
  • Knew there was more out there. . .

Second Half of 2015
  • Read TMF & joined the forum
  • Saved up some $ and dumped the job
  • Learned how to write a book (several, actually) not as an exit strategy, but to just force myself to get outside the comfort zone and create something.
  • Was successful in exiting comfort zone
  • Went through a lot of emotional ups and downs (see previous note)
  • Read several more books
  • Stopped playing video games>Tried Again>Rage Quit entirely
  • Learned a lot of web development, began coding websites again (haven't done so since 2000 and a lot has changed since)
  • Made some money online via publishing
  • Began to quit procrastinating and take action
  • Dumped my frienemies
  • Quit smoking
  • Realized money didn't determine who I was; my actions did
The End of 2015
  • Got a bit lazy with publishing
  • Got lazy with my progress thread
  • Began action-faking
  • Briefly lost focus
  • Began taking my health more seriously by exercising more and creating a healthier lifestyle
  • Realized why I had become lazy & also realized what I need to do in order to fix it
  • Had my fire re-ignited
  • Found a product to sell
Agenda For 2016
  • Keep up health & fitness routine
  • Stick to the product I am going to sell via e-commerce
  • Bust my a$$
  • Quit making excuses entirely
  • Keep tobacco & alcohol from my blood, forever
  • To maintain focus, I am going to be publishing when I have time. My current focus will be building this product/brand
  • Be extremely productive, not busy
  • Maintain my progress thread
To sum it up, the past 6 months were a huge psychological battle for me. Dealt with a lot of doubt, self-pity & loss of confidence. Smacked myself a bit (would have shaken myself if I could). Everything was a huge mindset shift. When I tried cramming everything into my skull within a short period of time, I had grown overwhelmed and exhausted... and I am so glad I went through (and will continue to go through) that psychological and emotional rollercoaster. When I look back at those moments, I can't say they haven't made me a better person. I've learned and personally grown more within the past few months than I feel I had within the past 10 years, which is sad in one perspective, yet exciting in another. Looking forward to this year and what I am able to accomplish.

Here's to all of you guys and your goals for 2016 :tiphat:

-Mike

LimitLessJG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 2, 2013
New Jersey
2015:
- Lost my dad
- Grandmother was permanently hospitalized
- Left the job
- "Failed" with my vape startup
- Stuck to being in the gym more then ever
- Read more books then I ever have & continued to educate myself
- Worked on myself as a person & my skills
- Took my first "vacation" in 18 years
- Got into AM (Affiliate Marketing)
- Lots of emotional/psychological ups & downs

2016:
- Move from NJ to South Florida
- Continue in AM
- Read more books
- Continue to build my skills
- Visit a couple new places
- Network more
- Find a mentor
- Develop some daily rituals

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
- increased passive investment income by $1,700/MO through purchasing another multi-family rental property and maximizing current rents

- Gained 20+ lbs through diet and weight training.. mostly muscle and maintained this weight

- Spent a month traveling in Bali/Thailand and weeks in Florida (Disney world w/ the gf)

- Did over 45 Real Estate deals at my "job" as a Realtor

- Became a senior partner with my Real Estate brokerage and now earning profit share with the company

- Fully renovated both suites of a rental house of mine

- Attended the Fastlane Summit in Scotsdale

- earned the most annual income in my life to-date

Pretty solid year! 2016 will hit my idea of financial freedom by purchasing 1 or more multi-fam rental properties (already have hit what I call financial independence--paying all necessities) , travel a month or more in Europe, start an online "fastlane" business to start building income remotely if I choose, gain another 10-15lbs and maintain low body fat, and be completely bad-debt free (aside from mtgs)

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
This pretty much all happened in second half 2015, first half was basically surviving a shit job
  • Welcomed a new child
  • quit job
  • got more serious about health due to some mild issues, started trainer weekly, modest diet changes, strongest ever now and worked out some issues from old sports injuries
  • rode motorcycle to Arctic Circle
  • flailed around choosing what kind of business I wanted to run
  • picked business and got started
  • heavily recruited, finally accepted new job
  • launched website
Failed at in 2015
  • Could've been more fit
  • too much caffeine
  • much wasted time on business front (Should've quit, relaxed very seriously for a month or two, and then grinded hard)
  • wasted time on social media
2016 looks to be interesting!

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Great stories guys! Amazing!

2015 has been my most important year yet.

-made a fortune, became financially independent, am now 26

-after my bizz I started reading the best communication books and interacted with 17262718926 people. Ive made more close friends in 6 months than in 6 years (real strong connections) and am amazed on how quickly my understanding of social dynamics grew.
I still have space to grow in terms of communication within groups, tho this part has also greatly improved.

-lost 9kg without trying

-started going to the gym, or other exercise regularly for 8 months now. Even when Im traveling.

-learned Spanish fluently (can now speak 6 languages)

-eat healthy and have no issues declining fast food or sugar(i eat it if i want but i dont crave it)

My goals for 2016, and far after are:
Creating the following habbits;
-Wake up early and work out then read for 1-3 hours before starting the day.
-meditate once a day
-start a business in april and make half a mil in the first year (id be happy with 80k but 800k is better)
-be able to take time of for several hours from 9am-11pm for relationships etc
-my goal is to create better habbits than Buffet, Gates or Trump

Vincent_Vega

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 1, 2015
-after my bizz I started reading the best communication books and interacted with 17262718926 people. Ive made more close friends in 6 months than in 6 years (real strong connections) and am amazed on how quickly my understanding of social dynamics grew.
I still have space to grow in terms of communication within groups, tho this part has also greatly improved.

Examples except 'How to win friends and influence people'?

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Examples except 'How to win friends and influence people'?

They are on my laptop, send me a pm and Ill reply next week with the titles.

One is about communication in the workplace with good chapters, including one on how to deal with defensiveness, basically you need to validate that person and his thoughts, then he ll want to come to u automatically, its very effective.

Its very useful to think about concepts in your head and compare it to other knowledge and to real life situations while reading, this will allow you to remember the knowledge much better and translate it into your life.
I have friends who read much more yet the visible effects in the real world are non existent.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.