The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What can I do?

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
Alright, let me start by saying that I am by no means an Internet Guru, but would love to become one very quickly.

In my road trip to fastlane success (a seemingly never ending one at that), I wanted to find a way to help people make themselves feel better and meet goals. With the new year quickly approaching I figured the best way would be to help people with arguably the most popular new years resolution: Lose weight and Get in Shape.

With my knowledge in fitness and being able to coach and teach people on becoming physically fit I decided to start an "Online Personal Trainer" website to help people meet their goals of losing weight and getting in shape. I have an ad going on facebook, and google ads, but I am getting no where near the hits and exposure I wanted.

Because I am no wizard of HTML, I used the free online website maker,.. Yola. Its not too bad, but its free, and fits my budget perfectly.

I was wondering if some of you who are HTML wizards, could take a look at the site and let me know what I could fix or add that would get me a few more clients.

The password protected page titled "Members Only" is the page with all the insights, workout plans, diet plans and so on for the paying clients. I was hoping that by now I would have a few more hits, and a few clients from the site. What can I do to get the exposure and clientele that I am seeking?

I think one big "Turn Off" may be the price. I would much rather have a "14.99 a Month" option, with recurring credit card charges each month, but the widget on the website builder doesn't allow for that. So I went with a 6 month and one year option.

Please help, and please don't be afraid to hurt some feelings if need be. Thank you.

The site is: Time To Shape Up

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Firstly 'Get In Shape' is way to vague. No one wants to get in shape. People want to lose weight, or fat. People want to run long distance. People want to build muscle. People don't want to get 'in shape'. Get in shape honestly means nothing, whether your into training, or someone wanting to lose some weight.

A quick scan of the first page gives conflicting messages with the pictures. The banner makes it look more like a runners type of website, while farther down it looks like it's about putting on muscle mass.

They don't care who you are so ditch the bio. How can you help them? Yes, have an 'about me', but you are of no interest when they first enter the website. How can you help them. Make them know instantly when they click through your ad or land on your website.

Too much text. In general. Need more of like a list of what people will get out of listening to you. Images work wonders. Your pictures at the bottom, if you want to use them have them labeled simple "Before\After" and next to each other. Don't tell about how much you weigh. Again they don't care.

Learn HTML\CSS and make an actual template. It's really not bad, especially without adding dynamic content. You could practically just type in "how to do 'x'" into Google and learn enough to make something better. This is too wide, and to compensate you made huge text which seems unprofessional. Then with it too wide on pages like "Contact" there is too much white space with the form slide all the way to the left.

Combine the First\Last name input into one. You don't need to know their last name if they don't enter it. You don't really gain anything by having both, and some people are uncomfortable just handing it out on any random site. Also instead of a drop down for their 'goal'. Add a textbox and just let them type what they want to achieve. If you think you can give any valuable information from one of the 3 options they can select, you shouldn't be giving advice in the first place.

Shouldn't really have the 'advertise here' on the same page as the contact for people looking for help. When you learn HTML\CSS (yes, you are going to) add a footer and have things like a Blog(yup, you're going to make one), Advertise, and your Terms of Service. That way it's not so obvious to people just wanting an answer.

For your reviews\testimonies try to get before\after pictures, and put them next to the testimonies. Seeing other peoples results will do more than seeing yours. Of course you're going to show good results for yourself, but seeing other peoples too, along with a testimony could definitely make people decide then and there.

For the blog you'll be making start just writing about things people can do on their own. If they think you know your stuff, do you know the types of 'secrets' you'd be giving them if they pay you? You don't give anyone that goes there any indication that you can actually help them. Just kind of a 'trust me' type deal.

Do that and report back for more.

Rick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Sep 8, 2010
Bonn, Germany
Just three things that may help:

I like the idea of a membership site like this, even though there is big competition in the muscle-niche.

If you put the membership button in the middle of the site it is more likely that people will push it.

Have you considered to give away a freebie, e.g. a free fitness / muscle report. Many customers will not buy at the first visit so you can remember them, keep them updated and add some buying-energy.

Focus on the customer and tell them how they will benefit from your program. Less features, more benefits.

Cheers
Rick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Icy is right that a very clear niche and benefit to the visitor is essential. Research the fitness market and find a niche that fits both your business plan and competencies. Importantly...target a niche where you have authentic and substantial perspective to offer. You don't need years of experience to be helpful to people, but if you're hitting up a specific market just because it looks profitable, you'll eventually find that there are 2,485 (I checked...it's exactly that number) people already doing it better than you. Bring something cool to the table; it'll make your world so much easier.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.