The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What business to start with an extra room in a commercial building

Idea threads

MrRobot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 10, 2020
Switzerland
Due to reasons, I have an extra room ( 40m2 / 430sqft in size) in a commercial building. I cannot rent it out to any business as it is located in a small village and nobody wants to rent it. Its basically an empty room with 2 small windows, there is also a toilette and a garage that belongs to the room.

What business would you start or how would you make money with this room? As for starting costs, I am also interested in ideas which require a bit higher capital (up to 100K or so). I do not have any professional experience except writing code, managing IT systems. I am looking for something that does not require much time to setup / maintain (2-3 hours a day max).

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
You could make a excape room or a brake room (there can people destroy a bunch of stuff to let steam off).

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Some type of small manufacturing where you can slap a "Made in Switzerland" stamp on it.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Due to reasons, I have an extra room ( 40m2 / 430sqft in size) in a commercial building. I cannot rent it out to any business as it is located in a small village and nobody wants to rent it. Its basically an empty room with 2 small windows, there is also a toilette and a garage that belongs to the room.

What business would you start or how would you make money with this room? As for starting costs, I am also interested in ideas which require a bit higher capital (up to 100K or so). I do not have any professional experience except writing code, managing IT systems. I am looking for something that does not require much time to setup / maintain (2-3 hours a day max).

Virtual office!

Online entrepreneurs that don't want to use their home address but don't want to rent an office.

You can charge 20-50 $/month per person.

Any mail sent there, you either forward it to their home address (and bill them for postage) or scan and email.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Put in a golf simulator. Rent it out or use it yourself :thumbsup:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My real advice is not to try to fit your business to a little random room in a random building. Use it or don’t. Set your sights on something greater than what 430 square feet have to offer.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

My real advice is not to try to fit your business to a little random room in a random building. Use it or don’t. Set your sights on something greater than what 430 square feet have to offer.
I have a paper clip, a shoelace, and 2 quarters. What business should I start using just the paper clip and shoelace? I want to save my two quarters.

Same lesson. Find a need!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
a cash-only cheap motel style room for people who are having affairs

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Coroner’s office.

The easiest job in the world has to be coroner. What's the worst thing that could happen? If everything goes wrong, maybe you'd get a pulse.

But I’m not sure you should listen to me. Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Or a Skydiving shop.

I have a slogan for you -

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You need a parachute to go skydiving twice.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
You could grow something in there: microgreens or mushrooms

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I have a room left, too.
So if you got the perfect solution, I will copycat!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Ethereum mining rig
That could really be a choice. CPUs getting cheaper now, but cryptos, too.
ETH will go to POS, so mine anything else.
There’s much heat coming out of a rig, so as colder the area the room is, the better.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014

M2 Pro miners from MXC...low-power miners...having many nearby shouldn't affect your mining capacity too much. Best Low-Power miners out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.