The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book (besides TMF and Unscripted) was your game change ??

For any book discussion

EDWINA TUCKER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 4, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Here are a few books that I've actively applied lessons from to enrich and better my life. I find myself recommending them the most and referencing them often:

- Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins - so many lessons drawn from Goggins's life story, the main one being that our limits are generally self-imposed and anyone can overcome them by accepting that it won't be easy and doing the things we just don't want to do.

- Deep Work by Cal Newport - The best book I've read on the ability to focus without distraction.

- The 4 Disciplines of Execution by McChesney, Covey, and Huling - While this is a book mainly written from a business perspective, it has changed how I approach all of the goals I set for myself, personal or business related.

YESSS! Can't Hurt Me is AWESOME! Just finished this one about a month ago.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
And while most here will dislike it because it's slowlane, it's what made me take ACTION regarding personal finance: "I Will Teach You To Be Rich - Ramit Sethi ". Before reading the book, my savings were on a low interest savings account. I kept postponing to take action. I've spend 2-3 days while/after reading the book to automate my personal finances and set up some investment accounts.

I got started down the path of financial independence and thinking differently about money from other people with this book as well.

It's 100% a slow-lane book but it's also probably one of the best books for slowlaners out there.

Hell, I saved literally thousands buying a new car using just a few pages from this book. I was able to pay off massive amounts of debt way back when with some of his strategies.

While I'd gift Millionaire Fastlane to anyone who I thought had even the smallest chance of starting a business, I'd also gift IWTYTBR to everyone who I thought wouldn't.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Some that weren't said:
The Subtle Art of not Giving an F by Mark Manson
The Like Switch by John R. Schafer and Marvin Karlins
The Compound effect By Darren Hardy
Rework by Jason Fried

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
"Can't Hurt Me" and "The Mob Rules"

omnisol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 24, 2019
  • Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
  • Blue Ocean Strategy by Renée Mauborgne and W. Chan Kim
  • This is Marketing by Seth Godin

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The Subtle Art of not Giving an F by Mark Manson

Totally hated this book.

It read like a "pop" rehash of far better books that was trying a little too hard to be edgy.

It probably did so well specifically because of this reason, but if you are AT ALL familiar with self-improvement material, I'd personally say this is an easy, easy pass.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
  • The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker
    • Great book for better utilizing your time and getting sh*t done.
  • 80/20 Sales and Marketing by Perry Marshall
    • Not only excellent for sales and marketing, but it changed my outlook on how the world works. Inequality is inherent to existence, and you can change where you end up.
  • The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene
    • Extremely useful for understanding people.

Fruitcake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Mar 26, 2018
Belgium, Europe
"On the Shortness of Life" by Seneca

This short book is a great anti-dote against procrastination and wasting your time.

"Anything You Want" by Derek Sivers

Another quick read which digs in to the reason to start a business is for serving the customers and for fun. If you follow these principles the money will follow.

"Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story" by Arnold Schwarzenegger

This thick a$$ book (500+ pages) is worth your time because Arnie explains how he dreamed, visioned and realized success on the highest level in business, bodybuilding, cinema and politics.

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015

I've gone through book summaries of 1500+ business books, those are BY FAR the best ones, 4HWW is a bit overrated, but still interesting and handy:

If you want a specific book recommendation though, here are the best of the best out of the 1500:

But yeah, if you understand the 80/20 principle, your life will be SO much better.

Insidious

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 3, 2019
Asheville, NC

Fisker is a good writer, and his thinking is 30 degrees out of phase to mine, which made me reexamine some of my belief systems.

The math is also good. By far the simplest explanation I'd seen of what it took to 'retire'. Since this book came out much of the material it contains has been re-presented around the web, but at the time I read it, it was pretty revolutionary (at least to me).

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
The way of the superior man by david deida. This book opened my eyes in many ways - about myself as a man, women, promises, living on the edge and so on. It's a easy, fast read. 168 pages only. Definitely recommend for a man who respects himself.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
"Choose Yourself" by James Altucher

guaava23

Ready for the FastLane Living!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 25, 2019
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
The Mood Cure - Julia Ross

Mindware: Tools for Smart Thinking - Richard Nisbett

If you haven't read those.. you're in the dark

I am more than half way through Mood Cure, and thanks so much. I knew it resonated for some reason. It's changed me in so many ways. I already ate well so I probably exceed what they talk about in Mood foods, but the other supplements especially the Aminos, DLPA, Tyrosine are magical and I have fixed things that I had been reading books to see what was wrong with me. I am so full of energy and my mind is racing and motivated each day. I can't thank you enough for recommending this Gem.

Mike S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 25, 2019
Crestview Hills KY
Think and grow Rich (teaches the value of mastermind groups)
4 hour work week (this was my initial motivation for a location independent lifestyle, which I have achieved)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.