The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are Some Other Ways of Staying Productive?

billy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 5, 2011
I hate that I have to say this but there is usually always one in the bunch. Please do not get upset with me for asking this question... I know, there are probably 10,000 other posts on this same topic. I don't care. I want advice for my situation, not theirs.

What are some great methods of staying productive?

I am not the best developer yet, so I hired a company to build my online business for me. They are doing a great job! They keep me up to date and I am completely in control of what they are doing. While I am not dealing with them, I read books, get backlinks to my blogs, I work out and basically at the end of the day feel like I have gotten no where!

I want to feel like I have accomplished something. I just feel empty inside when the day is up. I almost feel like I am living MJ's video he posted and being an "action faker". Doing things just to get a quick high (almost) and then at the end of the day you come off of the high and you feel like nothing has been accomplished.

So what are some things that you guys do in your spare time to actually feel like the day went well?
Things that are actually productive?
What are some things I can be doing?

I am working on my business along side the developers. Although I see progress every day, I still feel like I personally haven't done anything. Also, although I seen a problem area and I am trying to solve that in my business should I rely on that? Or, should I keep trying to find more ways to create value else where?

If I try to do even more, then I feel like I am going against what MJ says in his book (WHICH MAKES PERFECT SENSE). I am not focusing on one thing. So I am in a rut here and would like everyone's opinion on the matter.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Flaag

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 1, 2012
A great book about productivity is "Zen To Done", it's highly practical.
You lack a workflow and in the book they describe a very good one. It's from the blogger of ZenHabits.
1. Collect
2. Plan
3. Do
4. Review

As you see, it's very simplistic but if you can incorporate it in your life. You will have a big advantage. Being productive is one of the key factors for a successful life.

Hope it helps!

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
There are things we all do that fill up our to-do list and we feel good when they get done.

And then there are things we do that scare us. We are afraid to do them and even feel fear when putting them on any todo list.

But those things will push you much further. "No pain, no gain".

One example: Reading 10 books about marketing your business feels very good and we feel so smart after reading it. But picking up the phone and talking to 50 people about our business idea / even selling it, is something most do fear.

You can use this example for anything in life basically.

Watching a video on youtube about "99 tricks for picking up women" feels so much better than talking to only ONE in public.

Planing your fitness routine is so much easier than working out. Planing a business feels so much better than selling it. Reading books on success seems to work so much easier than becoming successful etc.

Path of least resistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rules of Success – The Path of Least Resistance « blog maverick

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
This is what I do, and it works pretty well;
Start every new day by asking yourself one question - What is the ONE most important task I need to work on today that will be MOST beneficial for my business. What activity will give me the MOST return on investment for my valuable time?

billy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 5, 2011
This is what I do, and it works pretty well;
Start every new day by asking yourself one question - What is the ONE most important task I need to work on today that will be MOST beneficial for my business. What activity will give me the MOST return on investment for my valuable time?

This is true. I try to practice this as well. But, my business is still being developed, and may not be completed for another 2 months (give or take). What are some action steps I can take on an incomplete business

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Get a customer. Tell someone about your website / product. Go to the gym..you always feel like you accomplished SOMETHING when you go to the gym..even if it isn't about your business directly it helps you out indirectly in everything you do.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
One thing I do is something called the Pomodoro technique (Pomodoro Technique - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). It works great to keep me on track and working on a particular thing.

I also figure out my MIT (Most Important Task) the night before and make sure that's the first thing I work on the next day. I also start off my day with meditation and clearing my mind - it gets me to stop thinking about other things I want to do and helps me focus on what's coming up.

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Try to form an action plan for when your website is finished. Who are you going to target? Is there anything you can get done now that when the site is finished you can implement immediately?

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
One thing I do is something called the Pomodoro technique (Pomodoro Technique - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). It works great to keep me on track and working on a particular thing.

I don't think this would work for me haha. Once I get the energy up to accomplish something and I'm focused, I don't want to take a 5 minute break. The hardest part seems to be getting started, so once I'm on a roll I want to go as long and as hard as I can.

BrucetonGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 28, 2011
Try to form an action plan for when your website is finished. Who are you going to target? Is there anything you can get done now that when the site is finished you can implement immediately?

This is what i was going to suggest. I always have a set of goals to accomplish for the day and after I meet those goals, I feel like I have been productive. It might be as simple as "Today, I am going to...." and then list three to five things that you would like to get done for the day. Make a list for each day and then make a list for the week. Just a suggestion that works for me!

billy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 5, 2011
Yeah I really appreciate everything guys. I have already developed a great marketing technique for it with a little help from my friend who went to school for it.

Keep the tips coming! I love it! Everything is helping me out. I do feel like I accomplished something when I work out. That is a must for me, I am big on physical appearance.

Thank you every one! Please keep the tips rolling in. I love to just keep reading them and learn new methods and learn the things that others do.

Flaag

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 1, 2012
On your deathbed, you want to have fulfillment over your life. A week of fulfillment turns in a year of fulfillment and a year in a lifetime. So, you need to strive everyday for fulfillment, like you already 'discovered'.

Fulfillment consists of 5 parts:
- Happiness
- Success
- Health
- Love
- Meaning

So, everyday you need to have activities that achieve those 5 parts.

What makes you happy?? Do you do it consciously everyday?? It seems so logical, but not a lot of people do something everyday that makes them happy.

Success is about achieving your goals, like other said try to accomplish each day something, even as it is a baby step.

Health, your big about health. So, that's not a problem.

Love is about relationships. Do you spend some quality time everyday with people you love??

Meaning is about something bigger than your life, for example giving back to the community. It's living your purpose.

You can rate your life with those 5 areas. How do you score?? If it's low, improve it!!

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
death bed is a self help marketing tool. most will never be on a death bed, they just die. car crash, in their sleep.

TheBigPill

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Aug 6, 2012
And then there are things we do that scare us. We are afraid to do them and even feel fear when putting them on any todo list.

But those things will push you much further. "No pain, no gain".

This X2.

Push yourself. Get comfortable being uncomfortable and you'll force yourself to grow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.