The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1/5/10 Planasy Tool/Template

Anything related to matters of the mind

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Hi all,

The 1/5/10 Planasy is referenced a lot in Unscripted and TGRRE , and I think it's an awesome tool that helps guide both the immediate next steps and the long term vision of one's life and business.

I was wondering if there is a Fastlane tool/template for this available anywhere? I checked the Viperion store and can only find the To Do list template available. As an avid reader of all 3 books, I was hoping that @MJ DeMarco might have something available. Would be cool to be able to keep a little binder of all the iterations of the Planasy made over the years and seeing how they have evolved over time.

If not, not a huge deal and I will just continue to draw the Planasy on my own on plain paper.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
All you need is a piece of paper.

1CDSzDQ.gif

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Harbourmaster

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
For A One-Time Payment Of $199.99. I'll give you the remaining secret sauce.

Here is My PayPal Information
All good. Not in need of any sauce, secret or otherwise.

Have been deep in the entrepreneurial trenches for the last few years. I'll assume that a PDF doc of this type doesn't exist from the forum at the moment and will just continue with good ol' fashion paper as per your advice or make my own template to use.

Cheers.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Harbourmaster maybe make one or get it put in an app and partner w/ @MJ DeMarco to get it to the masses. You help people, get to clown MJ some, and could make '10's of Dollars'. [tribute @LightHouse ]
Like the question, I tagged MJ above

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco there were some calendars and stuff available on INSIDERS. Was this one of the things there?

No it isn't, it's a simple to do planner. But perhaps I should put together a Planasy journal seeing there is a demand for them.

Harbourmaster

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
@Harbourmaster maybe make one or get it put in an app and partner w/ @MJ DeMarco to get it to the masses. You help people, get to clown MJ some, and could make '10's of Dollars'. [tribute @LightHouse ]
Like the question, I tagged MJ above
This is a brilliant response. I'll work on a doc and wait to see if MJ publishes it himself first before sharing.

No it isn't, it's a simple to do planner. But perhaps I should put together a Planasy journal seeing there is a demand for them.
Thanks @MJ DeMarco I think it would be a cool resource to add to the toolkit available for forum members. As I mentioned in my first post, I have no issue using plain paper but I do like the Fastlane To Do sheets and think it adds a feeling of officialness to the journey/process by using the branded material.

Glad that you and @ZCP jumped in with some constructive commentary to the thread. I have been more of a lurker than a poster of the forum recently and @Raoul Duke proves below why I think a lot of people would rather just read than post/comment. Someone that has read and has a very solid understanding of the principles laid out in your books who has been working on their business for years asks a legitimate question, and they get some joker jump in to prove how "Fastlane" he is by dismissing it with some stupid meme. MJ has spoken about diminishing marginal utility from forum users that have progressed in their entrepreneurial journey and I feel like I finally understood what he meant by that now.

All you need is a piece of paper.

1CDSzDQ.gif

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
This is a brilliant response. I'll work on a doc and wait to see if MJ publishes it himself first before sharing.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco I think it would be a cool resource to add to the toolkit available for forum members. As I mentioned in my first post, I have no issue using plain paper but I do like the Fastlane To Do sheets and think it adds a feeling of officialness to the journey/process by using the branded material.

Glad that you and @ZCP jumped in with some constructive commentary to the thread. I have been more of a lurker than a poster of the forum recently and @Raoul Duke proves below why I think a lot of people would rather just read than post/comment. Someone that has read and has a very solid understanding of the principles laid out in your books who has been working on their business for years asks a legitimate question, and they get some joker jump in to prove how "Fastlane" he is by dismissing it with some stupid meme. MJ has spoken about diminishing marginal utility from forum users that have progressed in their entrepreneurial journey and I feel like I finally understood what he meant by that now.

Why do you need to overcomplicate your plan with bells and whistle? Is that gonna get you there any quicker....

Harbourmaster

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Why do you need to overcomplicate your plan with bells and whistle? Is that gonna get you there any quicker....
Why do you assume you have any idea whatsoever what my plan, personal or entrepreneurial, is?

Some people like bells and whistles and nicely organized to do lists, and journals and road maps to follow. As long as the items are getting done and action is being taken and ventures are progressing, what does it matter to you? I have the freedom and choice to decide what I find important in my journey without anyone like you jumping in and ridiculing it. If you don't see value in or want to use the templates then don't, that's your choice.

You assumed I was new here and didn't know the principles, and tried to dog on me asking if I've ever heard of paper. No, I'm not action faking. No, I'm not picking out a color for my Ferrari.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Why do you assume you have any idea whatsoever what my plan, personal or entrepreneurial, is?

Some people like bells and whistles and nicely organized to do lists, and journals and road maps to follow. As long as the items are getting done and action is being taken and ventures are progressing, what does it matter to you? I have the freedom and choice to decide what I find important in my journey without anyone like you jumping in and ridiculing it. If you don't see value in or want to use the templates then don't, that's your choice.

You assumed I was new here and didn't know the principles, and tried to dog on me asking if I've ever heard of paper. No, I'm not action faking. No, I'm not picking out a color for my Ferrari.

Your badges indicated a lot. I didn't assume anything.

If you really want a template. Pair it with The Fastlane To Do List. https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/get-shit-done-the-free-fastlane-to-do-list.57691/

A great breakdown:
  1. Kill It Every Day: Maximizing Productivity, with Andy Frisella - MFCEO09
  2. Win The Day, with Andy Frisella - MFCEO107

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Harbourmaster

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Last edited:

david1024

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 15, 2021
All good. Not in need of any sauce, secret or otherwise.

Have been deep in the entrepreneurial trenches for the last few years. I'll assume that a PDF doc of this type doesn't exist from the forum at the moment and will just continue with good ol' fashion paper as per your advice or make my own template to use.

Cheers.
A real entrepreneur would just create a form.

Gina H.

I help virtual assistants get HIRED.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 7, 2021
Minnesota, USA
I vote for ALLLLL of the resources to put the amazing information into practice. Some of us enjoy the visual prompt, rather than a blank ol' piece o' paper!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.