The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekend as an opportunity to get in shape.

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022
We all wanted to be in great shape, but not many actually get it. So I suppose, some good advise is needed in this area.

Our terms
1. Even though you are out of Slow lane, there`s tones of works to handle. So, 1 hour of workout is almost the best we could pull out in weekdays.
(which sums up to 5~6 training hours per week. Not enough to make a different.)
2. We are exposed by all those Foods with negative effects, and we can`t just win the whole battles against those. So, it`s inevitable to consume bad things.
(It makes 5~6 training time as a defending basics. It can`t make any different because of this)

Way of apporaching
* Our only sucessfull way to resist lies within the utilization of weekends.
We have Free 5~9 hours in weekend. This is huge opportunity.

Body needs 48 hours to recover? It doesn`t matters, because we train not enough to destroy every muscles, so there`s always huge remain area to train.

Have no extra energy? It`s not a truth. Lower energy level is inertial adaptation. Extra energy is always in there with you, only thing you have to do is make a right inertial flow.

Detail plan
1. Get up late, if you want to. Eat proper meal before one hour pass after wake up. Take some rest after eating. Don`t do anything that makes you to focus. (game, tv, long videos, etc) (This process will make your mind ready.)
2. Go to gym, make a gym arrival time limit. My recommendation is at least 1pm.
3. Do workout, focus on skill enhancement, and forgot about good shape at all. Do it 60~120 minutes.
4. Go back to your home, take a shower & rest. Eat proper food.
After first workout, you have 2~3 hours of free time. do whatever you want. Work is either fine choice.

5. Go to Gym again at 6pm. Revise your training & enhancement in last session. Do it 60~120minutes.
6. Go back to your home, take a shower & rest. Eat proper food.
You also got 3~4 hours of free time after this. Do whatever you want, but this time, choose only calm activity.(To prepare a nice sleep)

*Gym recommendation : Maritial arts. (great to train alone / have a great workout intensity)

summary
You can get 4 to 8 hours of training time by utilizing weekends, and this makes a huge gap, trust me.
(I`ve achived to 14~16 hours of training per week by this way. It`s just impossible to do it properly only with weekdays)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
You can get phenomenal results with just 30 minutes of training every day, if you know what you're doing and are training at near max intensity.

In terms of body composition, 90% of the results will come from the diet. Unless you are an elite level athlete and have an insane energy output.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
no progress pic = opinion invalid

IMG_0856[27277].JPG

Lift 2-3x a week and eat only when hungry, only enough to not be hungry, and eat protein like steak and eggs. Throw out snack foods. If you're out and about get a chipotle salad or go to a gas station and eat a jerky and cheese stick. Drink water only.

Having a girlfriend puts it on expert mode because of the constant comfort.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022

View attachment 45263

Lift 2-3x a week and eat only when hungry, only enough to not be hungry, and eat protein like steak and eggs. Throw out snack foods. If you're out and about get a chipotle salad or go to a gas station and eat a jerky and cheese stick. Drink water only.

How much do you bench/deadlift/squat?

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
(which sums up to 5~6 training hours per week. Not enough to make a different.)
5-6 training hours per week can make a great difference. Especially with intense lifting and for beginners. I'm one and an half year in, got great progress, and rarely trained more than 6 hours a week.

Also you can't just cram it all into the weekends. Yes, you can do more training with your free time, but can't get all the results from that.
What are you going to do the remaining five days ?

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
+++ Do this 8 months and you'll look half of a Greek God. Train with free weights especially and none of the isolation machine BS. Try to go for progressive overload every session, but listen to your body. It's a waste of time when you could be hitting 3+ muscle group in the same 1 hour.. No snacking helps you not spike your insulin and keeps you lean as hell. A bonus is you feel good because your blood sugar is relatively stable.

IMG_7505.HEIC.jpg

Used to look like a fatass. This pic is actually same weight as I am right now. Just no muscle mass.booche1.png
This is 6 months in. Not a single week that I break the 3 days routine, sometime I increase it to 5 days if I'm feeling it. 2 months left before a massive bulk.
hercules.jpg

This is the goal. The direction. I envision this is the physique I'll be rocking after I chisel down next year. Joking, probably 40% of it if I'm being honest. But this is the goal in the next 10 years, Greek God status...

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Train with free weights especially and none of the isolation machine BS.
I share the same feeling towards isolation machines :rofl:

Congratulations on your progress, you look amazing!

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022
5-6 training hours per week can make a great difference. Especially with intense lifting and for beginners. I'm one and an half year in, got great progress, and rarely trained more than 6 hours a week.

Also you can't just cram it all into the weekends. Yes, you can do more training with your free time, but can't get all the results from that.
What are you going to do the remaining five days ?
I actually trains mma at least 14 hours a week, while doing my business works at least 60 hours.

I`m not saying that weekdays training is unnecessary. I`m just saying that weekend is one hell of an opportunity. And actually you`re wrong about result part. 4 hours of training in weekends could make your life better, and 8 hours could
change your life entirely.

Ivan Koretskyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Oct 2, 2021
Oregon, US
Is this where we sharing our progress? I’m in.
C8F19C13-324E-411E-A1A5-9CBF7C3C4165.jpeg
Been training since 14 years of age. Now I’m 21 years old and 11 months.

Been consistent at the gym with about 5-7 hours of training a week (4-5 days 60-90minutes)

Weightlifting, Calisthenics, and Cardio.

I eat all kinds of meat, high on protein, average to low carbs, overall doesn’t matter how much I eat cause I burn it all or build muscle with the foods. However I ALWAYS eat good quality foods. Little to no junk food, sugar, or fried foods is in my diet.

6DBADF7E-BA77-4E91-A83C-4488894F26CF.jpeg
I eat in a way so if a cannibal ate me I WOULD TASTE DELICIOUS.

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022

View attachment 45263

Guess you don`t need `opinion` which maded for burnout people.

Agree with the point of view in unhealthy foods, but you have to understand, that not many could resist against those powerful things. Maybe You could do it, and I know that many of people are having success in that area, but it`s far from average. So, it`s not necessary to remind that solid truth in this context, apparently.

It`s amazing to hear that fact needs some `proof pic` these days.

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022
Guess you don`t need `opinion` which maded for burnout people.

Agree with the point of view in unhealthy foods, but you have to understand, that not many could resist against those powerful things. Maybe You could do it, and I know that many of people are having success in that area, but it`s far from average. So, it`s not necessary to remind that solid truth in this context, apparently.

It`s amazing to hear that fact needs some `proof pic` these days.
I train 12~16 per week no matter what happens, and I have a fine strength & skills + cardio, which could easily make 3 minutes - 10rounds or 5minutes - 5rounds.

mma resume
blue belt bjj
Trained Judo in high school for 1 year
focused on wrestling for 1 year
Muai thai training 3 years
boxing 7 month

Maybe this resume could make my words valid.

Attachments

• 20220926_040353.jpg
    20220926_040353.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20220926_041006 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20220926_041006 (1).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 13

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
Training for 1 hour 3 times per week is better than training for 6 hours 1 time a week

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.