The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

website

Kona37

PARKED
Aug 9, 2007
I am looking to hire someone to create probably a 10 page website...wondering if anyone knows anyone good and somewhat inexpensive.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Elance is good; just be careful because a lot of foreign companies (India) are listed there. My 2 excursions into dealing with Bangalore companies was horrific; a waste of time and money.

Shawn

PARKED
Aug 14, 2007
I used Elance before and had nothing but good things to say about it. I actually hired my now current system admin from elance. :)

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I used Elance before and had nothing but good things to say about it. I actually hired my now current system admin from elance. :)
Shawn .. American or Indian based company?

rico

Contributor
Aug 14, 2007
Buckinghamshire, UK
Elance is good; just be careful because a lot of foreign companies (India) are listed there. My 2 excursions into dealing with Bangalore companies was horrific; a waste of time and money.
I've had experience of two companies found on getafreelancer. The first was from Vietnam and was ok, but would go AWOL for days at a time with no real excuse. Very frustrating. Coding was pretty good but his idea of 'bug free' was far different to mine.

Currently using a team from India. They're ok but again not great. The cost makes the hassle a bit easier to swallow though.

Main advice is to give VERY detailed plans to them. Spell out everything you want doing and really keep on top of them. It takes effort but then 8 weeks with 3 guys is costing us $1900 so its cheap. As soon as the business model is proven to work we'll be getting a UK based team in to re-vamp the site and check everything over. :)

Shawn

PARKED
Aug 14, 2007
Shawn .. American or Indian based company?
Its pretty funny. They were an "American" company, but later found out many of their programmers were from India, etc. My guy is actually from Ukraine. Incredibly knowledgeable, so I don't care where he's from :)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I can do it! Message me with an idea of what you want the layout to be and etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. You're about 10 years too late. :clap::

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom