The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Website Feedback For Optimization and Increasing Conversions

SweetSuccess

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Oct 29, 2019
United States
Hey There all,
Im new to the forum and the whole ecommerce and marketing world. This last year my husband and I went all in building up our own supplement line and launching a shopify store this past september. We are having low conversion rates and really are in need of some feedback of how we can optimize and increase our conversions for our store. We changed themes a few times and are currently using Shoptimized Theme.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance. Golftrition - Store

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
The below might sound over critical, but just wanted to give a honest appraisal as a first time visitor hitting the site.

When I arrive at the site, I don't know where to look. First my eye is drawn to the image on the left and then to the text on the right and back again, giving me no time to be really drawn in to either side and be really won over by the offering.

If you look at Sports Nutrition | Bodybuilding & Sports Supplements - CSN (I appreciate its not your niche, but was the first sport supplement related Shopify store I came across), that focuses on one single thing - promoting the product via an image and text. They could do better by making their text more benefit than features focused but it does entice me more than your page does.

The videos also don't feel like they make sense being straight after the header. It feels like I've being sold at hard when I just want to browse around the store a little before the shop assistant comes up behind me and tries to sell me. I'd have the products first then the videos below (or even maybe just one and push them to an educational section on the site to see more).

The products also could do with more information. If I don't know about the products already then I'm unlikely to just randomly click on one. Have a few lines of the description after the product title telling me it's the bestseller that has had exceptional results for golfers who took it over 6 weeks.

I love how willing you are to ask for advice and truly wish you success with it all. If You need clarification on any of this let me know and I'll do my best to help!

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018
I find the yellow background very distracting. Also the spacing of the text seems a bit off. To many different text sizes and fonts.

The general behind the structure of the website works, but there are a lot of details that add up to a very "nervous" website. Definitely fixable, good job so far!

SweetSuccess

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Oct 29, 2019
United States
I find the yellow background very distracting. Also the spacing of the text seems a bit off. To many different text sizes and fonts.

The general behind the structure of the website works, but there are a lot of details that add up to a very "nervous" website. Definitely fixable, good job so far!
Thanks for your feedback! I will take your advice and soften everything up a bit.

SweetSuccess

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Oct 29, 2019
United States
The below might sound over critical, but just wanted to give a honest appraisal as a first time visitor hitting the site.

When I arrive at the site, I don't know where to look. First my eye is drawn to the image on the left and then to the text on the right and back again, giving me no time to be really drawn in to either side and be really won over by the offering.

If you look at Sports Nutrition | Bodybuilding & Sports Supplements - CSN (I appreciate its not your niche, but was the first sport supplement related Shopify store I came across), that focuses on one single thing - promoting the product via an image and text. They could do better by making their text more benefit than features focused but it does entice me more than your page does.

The videos also don't feel like they make sense being straight after the header. It feels like I've being sold at hard when I just want to browse around the store a little before the shop assistant comes up behind me and tries to sell me. I'd have the products first then the videos below (or even maybe just one and push them to an educational section on the site to see more).

The products also could do with more information. If I don't know about the products already then I'm unlikely to just randomly click on one. Have a few lines of the description after the product title telling me it's the bestseller that has had exceptional results for golfers who took it over 6 weeks.

I love how willing you are to ask for advice and truly wish you success with it all. If You need clarification on any of this let me know and I'll do my best to help!
Thank you for taking the time to go over my site. I really appreciate all the constructive feedback and will use your ideas to help make some tweaks.
Thanks again!

Aron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 26, 2019
First thing i noticed was that the header just appears and shows instanly when you scroll up and down, which could be way more appealing if you let it appear over time(like one second)Doing so it looks way more smoother

SweetSuccess

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Oct 29, 2019
United States
First thing i noticed was that the header just appears and shows instanly when you scroll up and down, which could be way more appealing if you let it appear over time(like one second)Doing so it looks way more smoother
Hey There all,
Im new to the forum and the whole ecommerce and marketing world. This last year my husband and I went all in building up our own supplement line and launching a shopify store this past september. We are having low conversion rates and really are in need of some feedback of how we can optimize and increase our conversions for our store. We changed themes a few times and are currently using Shoptimized Theme.

11/19
Updating website as we speak... fingers crossed these tweak show results. Thinking of new ways to swing this around.

Anyone want to check out my edits from today and let me know what they think about the site after I tweaked it up a bit?
Golftrition - Store

Last edited:

Katherine

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Mar 11, 2019
Singapore
Hello! A mini website audit report for you to see.

1) Your logo - although it represents the essence of the business but it is too small. How about adding a tag line under your logo?

2) Is your website showing the obvious on what are you are promoting?
Your customers need to be engaged by outstanding content - content that allows them to easily understand what the business is offering and to make an informed decision about whether or not they wish to progress towards a purchase. Your website should clearly articulate their value proposition and customer benefits.

3) Is there a primary action for visitors?
The website needs to guide your customers into the course of action that the business most wants to achieve. Example " Learn More", "Find out more", Or "Buy Now".

4) Customers Testimonials
Don't hide them in another page. Placed them on the homepage to promote your product. Better still don't put as a screenshot but rather have them type out and if your customers allow, their headshot profile will be great!

Hope this helps!

SweetSuccess

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Oct 29, 2019
United States
Hey There all,

Update: we closed the store down. Good news though, I started my own web design freelance business. Plan to make it an LLC once i get some steady clients. Wish me luck! <3

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.