Hi Fastlaners,
The last couple of months I have been following the advice of trying to solve a need and create value. I have tested a couple of ideas by asking people if it is something they would use/buy and most of them were a miss.
I have a new idea, and so far feedback has been pretty good, the service is free of charge to consumers and will be a paid membership for businesses.I would like to know a few things before i go forward with my idea, and this is where your opinions and advice would be great.
1) The concept is complete and provides value to consumers and businesses, especially in economically difficult periods.
2) One problem i have is, that the solution can be applied to many industries, but I'm not sure if it would be wise to start out servicing all industries, do i first focus on particular niche for example the auto trader industry?
3) If i decide to start out in one particular niche, how do i protect my idea so that someone with the means can't replicate the idea, market it to more industries and take the clients?
4) The other possibility i have is to try and get the tech/software on a kickstarter/crowdfunding campaign and market it through tech blogs and other outlets via crowdfunding marketing campaigns, and get the solution out to people like that, this will also enable me to be able to market the business, if funded successfully.
5) The other option is to select a niche and test it out only in my home country (South Africa), and see how the market responds.
Basically I need advice on how to further test the idea, and then finally how do i market it worldwide if I do not have the financial means to pay for worldwide marketing, would kickstarter be a good option as it would serve a double purpouse (market validation and funding).
So far I have completed:
1) Initial concept design
2) Market validation to a small degree - still need more
3) Negotiating a price for the website/app with coders
I'm afraid of describing the idea in detail here, so any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
The last couple of months I have been following the advice of trying to solve a need and create value. I have tested a couple of ideas by asking people if it is something they would use/buy and most of them were a miss.
I have a new idea, and so far feedback has been pretty good, the service is free of charge to consumers and will be a paid membership for businesses.I would like to know a few things before i go forward with my idea, and this is where your opinions and advice would be great.
1) The concept is complete and provides value to consumers and businesses, especially in economically difficult periods.
2) One problem i have is, that the solution can be applied to many industries, but I'm not sure if it would be wise to start out servicing all industries, do i first focus on particular niche for example the auto trader industry?
3) If i decide to start out in one particular niche, how do i protect my idea so that someone with the means can't replicate the idea, market it to more industries and take the clients?
4) The other possibility i have is to try and get the tech/software on a kickstarter/crowdfunding campaign and market it through tech blogs and other outlets via crowdfunding marketing campaigns, and get the solution out to people like that, this will also enable me to be able to market the business, if funded successfully.
5) The other option is to select a niche and test it out only in my home country (South Africa), and see how the market responds.
Basically I need advice on how to further test the idea, and then finally how do i market it worldwide if I do not have the financial means to pay for worldwide marketing, would kickstarter be a good option as it would serve a double purpouse (market validation and funding).
So far I have completed:
1) Initial concept design
2) Market validation to a small degree - still need more
3) Negotiating a price for the website/app with coders
I'm afraid of describing the idea in detail here, so any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
