The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Design Software?

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I know I have seen some reco's on this site before, but now I can't find them....

:smx4::smx4::smx4::smx4:

What do all y'all internet folk use for web design?

Thanks!!! :hl::hl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dhuang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 16, 2007
I usually plan out my site layout with pen and paper. Then I replicate it within Adobe Photoshop CS3.

If I'm lazy, I'll pull it into my WYSIWYG of choice (Adobe Dreamweaver CS3) and quickly make <div> tags to section off pieces of my site with their layout tool.

Otherwise, I'll hand code it till it looks like what I want it to be like.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Anviv gave me a site to visit to put together a web pages prototype which would then could be given to a designer.

axure.com

Prior to that, I had thrown together a static sample with an explanation page in word, dragging pics and inserting tables etc. Very time consuming but effective

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Sounds like dreamweaver is pretty popular.

Anyone use Visual Web Developer Express? What has your experience been with that?

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Photoshop
Dreamweaver
Flash (for specific things only)
Notepad++ (Awesome software!!)
WinMerge (perfect for comparing files, specially when modding open source scripts)

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I've used Dreamweaver as a code development tool, not in designer mode. The designers where I work do love it, so there must be a reason.

mizchels

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
I usually plan out my site layout with pen and paper. Then I replicate it within Adobe Photoshop CS3.

If I'm lazy, I'll pull it into my WYSIWYG of choice (Adobe Dreamweaver CS3) and quickly make <div> tags to section off pieces of my site with their layout tool.

Otherwise, I'll hand code it till it looks like what I want it to be like.

Likewise--sketch out an idea, Photoshop it, slice it up and code it out in Notebook or something basic. Dreamweaver can be helpful if you're not familiar with hand-coding. Frontpage can get really messy in code. Flash is nice for some applications. If you're aiming to put together your own and are overwhelmed, there are some pretty decent downloadable stock templates (usually around $50-$100 generally for HTML site; Flash sites are more but can be overlooked by search engines and annoying) that can get you on your way.

I have a list of my favorite stock sites that I grab ideas from for my clients. I'm happy to share links with you if that sounds like something you'd be interested in...or you can search "website templates".

lo key

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 11, 2008
Yeah dreamweaver is great. I have also used NVU in the past. It's open source so its free of charge. It's definitely doesn't have all the features you're probably looking for, but it is simple to use. NVU

traderjphx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 30, 2007
Phoenix, Az
I have also used NVU. Simple and very good for designing HTML newsletters. I have also tried NetObjects Fusion. Takes a bit of learning. It is visual design software which then generates HTML code.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.