The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

WEB/DIGITAL Web Design Software?

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
I know I have seen some reco's on this site before, but now I can't find them....

:smx4::smx4::smx4::smx4:

What do all y'all internet folk use for web design?

Thanks!!! :hl::hl:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

dhuang

New Contributor
Aug 16, 2007
I usually plan out my site layout with pen and paper. Then I replicate it within Adobe Photoshop CS3.

If I'm lazy, I'll pull it into my WYSIWYG of choice (Adobe Dreamweaver CS3) and quickly make <div> tags to section off pieces of my site with their layout tool.

Otherwise, I'll hand code it till it looks like what I want it to be like.

OP
OP
AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Sounds like dreamweaver is pretty popular.

Anyone use Visual Web Developer Express? What has your experience been with that?

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Photoshop
Dreamweaver
Flash (for specific things only)
Notepad++ (Awesome software!!)
WinMerge (perfect for comparing files, specially when modding open source scripts)

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I've used Dreamweaver as a code development tool, not in designer mode. The designers where I work do love it, so there must be a reason.

mizchels

New Contributor
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
I usually plan out my site layout with pen and paper. Then I replicate it within Adobe Photoshop CS3.

If I'm lazy, I'll pull it into my WYSIWYG of choice (Adobe Dreamweaver CS3) and quickly make <div> tags to section off pieces of my site with their layout tool.

Otherwise, I'll hand code it till it looks like what I want it to be like.
Likewise--sketch out an idea, Photoshop it, slice it up and code it out in Notebook or something basic. Dreamweaver can be helpful if you're not familiar with hand-coding. Frontpage can get really messy in code. Flash is nice for some applications. If you're aiming to put together your own and are overwhelmed, there are some pretty decent downloadable stock templates (usually around $50-$100 generally for HTML site; Flash sites are more but can be overlooked by search engines and annoying) that can get you on your way.

I have a list of my favorite stock sites that I grab ideas from for my clients. I'm happy to share links with you if that sounds like something you'd be interested in...or you can search "website templates".

lo key

New Contributor
Mar 11, 2008
Yeah dreamweaver is great. I have also used NVU in the past. It's open source so its free of charge. It's definitely doesn't have all the features you're probably looking for, but it is simple to use. NVU

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

traderjphx

New Contributor
Aug 30, 2007
Phoenix, Az
I have also used NVU. Simple and very good for designing HTML newsletters. I have also tried NetObjects Fusion. Takes a bit of learning. It is visual design software which then generates HTML code.

Andrew

Contributor
Aug 8, 2007
Dreamweaver is what I use, but unless you have the time/desire I'd outsource your web development.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom