The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ways to make money

Tyrelle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 6, 2019
Hi Everyone.

My name is Tyrelle. I'm 19 and in my second year of college, studying for a Diploma in Business Management. I recently (4 months ago) came to the realisation that working for another person is not something I would like to do. Having read "Millionaire Fastlane ", a 5-2 trade just isn't something I am comfortable with for my future.

In looking at a couple things online I came across a high income skill that I would like to pursue. There's course being offered that I am interested in. The course costs $2,500.

Is there perhaps ways that I can acquire the money for this?? I would definitely appreciate any input

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you have a job involving high ticket items?

Tyrelle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 6, 2019
Not as yet, no. That is why I would like to learn this skill.

Tyrelle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 6, 2019
I feel as though I could use this skill as a side hustle. And then from there, into something bigger

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Sell 1250 $2 lemonades (+ some more for lemon and sugar costs).

Build and sell 5-6 mid-tier gaming PCs for ~$2500 profit.

Mow lawns. Walk pets.

Flip items laying around your house.

Are you sure you cannot learn that skill otherwise than by paying for that course ? I feel like you're stuck real good in a sales funnel.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
welcome to the forums! look forward to seeing you on your journey!

sketch out the process you are thinking for a side hustle involving high ticket closing

then maybe we can help you a little better

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
welcome to the forums! look forward to seeing you on your journey!

sketch out the process you are thinking for a side hustle involving high ticket closing

then maybe we can help you a little better
I'm guessing it involves the ad I keep seeing on Facebook that keeps trying to teach me high-ticket closing. At least now I know the ad leads to a $2,500 course, so I don't have to click it out of morbid curiosity and get stuck in their re-targeting.

Manillow

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 7, 2019
I think you can start as a freelancer, to find you work. When you'll find yourself to start from web-site, business plan, financial plan. So step by step

kb9nate

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 23, 2019
I'm guessing it's the Dan Lok course being advertised everywhere, I watched the free intro to it also but no way was I forking out that kind of money for something that seemed like another dead end road. Sure it might be a good fit for a small amount of people, the type that really just enjoy being a salesman regardless of what it is they are selling.

But I think it is worth mentioning, if you are interested in learning something new and don't have a lot of money to spend you might want to check out www.edx.org I started taking courses there about 2 1/2 years ago and it paid off big time for me. I wanted to learn how to be a software developer and didn't have money to pay for a typical college. Most if not all of their courses are free to audit and for a small fee (usually $50 to $300 range) you can get a verified certificate for each class.

Last April the company I work for promoted me to an engineering position as a result of all the hard work I put in and initiative I was taking to learn how to code. Now with all the new skills I have learned I am trying to find my Fastlane opportunity.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I will teach you how to get the money for that course but I will need $147 to enroll you into my own personal “make more money super fast and easily” course. It usually goes for $1399 but you have been selected to receive this special discount if you act today.

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
I will teach you how to get the money for that course but I will need $147 to enroll you into my own personal “make more money super fast and easily” course. It usually goes for $1399 but you have been selected to receive this special discount if you act today.
Seriously Dude !!! :rofl:

Chris.Chapman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 30, 2018
Don’t waste your money and most importantly don’t give up your time to those courses.

Most of them are just aggregations of word vomit from other courses all teaching the same basic things.

Of course they’re really pitching you well as they do because they perfected how to draw that emotion out of you and show you future pacing meaning potential outcomes but take it from someone who has taken many courses and invested a stupid amount into most of them, they’re not that beneficial especially not as much as you think.

Here’s what I would do, and also what I do currently do to learn skills and learn more information to level up my value.

1. Take advantage of free trials for course databases where they give you 30 days free to try it out (digital marketer.com)
2. Audit courses like someone else has mentioned above
3. Read books - best way to actually learn legit information, I stopped taking courses online paying stupid amounts with very little ROI unlike books HOWEVER you just get the ones that are beneficial and don’t just go after what ‘gurus’ on YouTube are saying (check out true influencers like Tim Ferris’s, amazon reviews, etc)
4. Take advantage of free certifications like hubspot or hootsuite
5. Sales specially, check out grant cardones university, only 99/month BUT I myself have joined Jordan Belforts weekly sales trainer for 75/ year and found that to be the most beneficial and up to date meaning he’ll teach you not just how to bully people into buying like I find grant cardones does a bit with the outdated car salesman mentality

Just say F*ck it and go buy the lifetime membership to getwsodo.com and get all the massive courses for only 100$ one time lol, these gurus make so much money off of the pain of people trying to find real solutions and trying to actually make a better life for themselves and they make these complete a$$ courses for 997$ that don’t give you any of the tools or knowledge you need.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
To be honest, if you'd do a course like that, I would probably pay. You're kicking a$$ with your business.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Dude... any decent sales place will train you. A great one will coach you daily.

Best of all, you will get paid. You won’t have to give some internet guru your credit card.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Do you have a job involving high ticket items?

This is gold. Not only do I agree with people advising you not to spend $2500 on any course, taking the course at this point is a massive "cart before the horse" situation... like me taking a "learn to code" class without having any idea of what I specifically would want to code once learning that skill.

Kfirdragon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
May 28, 2019
Alberta
That’s quite funny. I’m not a fan of Dan Lok because he’s so full of himself, acts like a big know it all guy banking on people who fall for his over promised courses.

Anyways, here’s your solution, and guess what it’s free, guess what else, it’s a process.
Join a door to door sales company, they will literally take you from nothing to a very very good salesman, it’s free, and more than that, It’s has a live feedback - the better you get, the more you make. Did I mention it’s free? Or that you can actually make a lot money doing it? Or that you can meet people who can guide you through your way & help you?

The choice is up to you.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
That’s quite funny. I’m not a fan of Dan Lok because he’s so full of himself, acts like a big know it all guy banking on people who fall for his over promised courses.

Anyways, here’s your solution, and guess what it’s free, guess what else, it’s a process.
Join a door to door sales company, they will literally take you from nothing to a very very good salesman, it’s free, and more than that, It’s has a live feedback - the better you get, the more you make. Did I mention it’s free? Or that you can actually make a lot money doing it? Or that you can meet people who can guide you through your way & help you?

The choice is up to you.

Not only is it FREE, they pay YOU! It really amazes me, the money people spend to learn things when they could just start their own business TODAY and start learning while they are earning!

Kfirdragon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
May 28, 2019
Alberta
Not only is it FREE, they pay YOU! It really amazes me, the money people spend to learn things when they could just start their own business TODAY and start learning while they are earning!

The process isn’t attracting since joining a d2d sales job usually means 4-5 months of nothing but grind and eating dirt. Which are pretty optimal conditions for Real Change. Either way, the choice is yours.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.