The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Was the god bless at the end necessary??

Gabedg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 2, 2022
Was the god bless at the end of the book necessary? I`m an atheist and don´t believe in gods.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Why does it trigger you? You read the whole book and this is your first question to the forum members? What about the rest of the book, did that phrase automatically made everything else shared in the book flawed or insignificant?

God is such an abstract concept and means something different to almost every person. Has no one ever said "God bless" to you after you sneezed? Did you ask them why they said that? Did you tell them that you're an atheist and didn't need to hear it?

There's no need to tell people "ThErEs No GoD", it's a waste of your focus and energy.

I too used to make an effort to tell people that I'm an atheist, but I was a lost teenager then...

EDIT: Here's the definition of the phrase. It's not a spell to turn you into a devoted Christian.

Last edited:

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Quit being such a little bitch. You sound like a Redditor.

It’s an expression of good wishes, MJ isn’t ramming his religious views down your throat.

At the end of Unscripted , MJ says “Good luck and may God, Jesus, Allah, Yahweh, Buddha, advanced ETs, random coagulating amino acids, the Oprah New-Age Karma God or whoever has engineered our brief existence on this tiny dot in the universe bless your journey”

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Don't feed the troll - he made this account and this post to piss people off.

Just lock or delete the thread.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Was the god bless at the end of the book necessary? I`m an atheist and don´t believe in gods.

And I don't believe in "gods" either, at least as the world religions has deified them.

However, if 2 words in a 120,000-word book has triggered you-- and it was your main takeaway-- you don't have a prayer in life, no pun intended.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Why nit-picky about anything and everything?

D

DeletedUser84644

Tbh a lot of what MJ says that kind of hints what his political views are- I find, to be, very offensive and very aggravating to myself and a lot of other people who lurk on the forum and read his books, and wished he would never make such comments by strictly remaining non political and neutral on any political matter. Politics is a very divisive and destructive thing to talk about and I think should not be allowed in any community at all unless if politics itself is what said community represents (Which to his credit, he did kind of mention that in his books). Religion vs non religion talk is always as equally detrimental, but to be fair MJ has never expressed or implied his religious views as much as his political ones (The latter being far more triggering than the former). So I think you should cut him some slack on this one. But nevertheless regardless of his political / religious views and how offended you may get by them, you shouldn't let that be the focus of what you can learn from his books. Finance and economics is way more easily verifiable and objective, then stuff that is very subjective and debatable in nature- so you can rest assured that what he says in the book regarding almost everything money related, is not BS and is self evident by the many millionaires and billionaires in the world that you see today. You need to judge the merits of what you're being told by the content of what the advice has to give, rather than the person or thing giving the advice.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
Interesting...... Only the thoughts and opinions you resonate with need to be expressed in an open forum. That's not how the world or business work. A person's personal thoughts and beliefs mold him into the person he is. You can't cut out the parts you don't like or enjoy because you find them "triggering". Only soft people find the need to silence opinions rather than have open conversations. Open conversations lead to common understanding and sometimes acceptance of foreign views. To call other views "triggering" is to say you have a closed mind and are incapable of accepting ideas counter to what you have been indoctrinated to.
Also "triggering" is cringe and instantly speaks to ones character or lack thereof. Learn to be open and less capable of being offended.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thanks god the first reasonable thread in this forum!
Well I think my way of reading is quite selectivly. I sure didn’t believe, MJ put the most important words to the end. I didn’t read them. Must reread!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Quit being such a little bitch. You sound like a Redditor.

It’s an expression of good wishes, MJ isn’t ramming his religious views down your throat.

At the end of Unscripted , MJ says “Good luck and may God, Jesus, Allah, Yahweh, Buddha, advanced ETs, random coagulating amino acids, the Oprah New-Age Karma God or whoever has engineered our brief existence on this tiny dot in the universe bless your journey”

I don't believe in random coagulating amino acids though.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
And I don't believe in "gods" either, at least as the world religions has deified them.
One thing we can learn from the various religions' prophets and heroes...is that religion (or entrepreneurship, for that matter) is best learnt by experiencing it directly in daily life...not from sticking all day into a book, massive concert with fanfare or some obsolete theology.

D

DeletedUser84644

Interesting...... Only the thoughts and opinions you resonate with need to be expressed in an open forum. That's not how the world or business work. A person's personal thoughts and beliefs mold him into the person he is. You can't cut out the parts you don't like or enjoy because you find them "triggering". Only soft people find the need to silence opinions rather than have open conversations. Open conversations lead to common understanding and sometimes acceptance of foreign views. To call other views "triggering" is to say you have a closed mind and are incapable of accepting ideas counter to what you have been indoctrinated to.
Also "triggering" is cringe and instantly speaks to ones character or lack thereof. Learn to be open and less capable of being offended.
It's just that the debates and arguments that come around controversial issues never end and often end up being extremely divisive and toxic, regardless of what side on the issue you are on. The purpose of a lot of communities is to unify and connect people under a common interest and philosophy, not divide people. It's not a coincidence that a lot of people on the forum seem to bare a strong lenience one side of an issue (Due to implicit endorsements of such views). The trade off you make with allowing controversial discussions to occur is turning away potentially 50% of the people who could've otherwise been helped had they not got so caught up in the beliefs and views of the teacher, and instead, focused on the lessons that the teacher was trying to teach instead.

Gabedg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 2, 2022

However, if 2 words in a 120,000-word book has triggered you-- and it was your main takeaway-- you don't have a prayer in life, no pun intended.
Your book was incredible, one of the best books I've ever read tbh and it will probably change my life forever. I apologize for my post and I wish for it to be taken down. I need to clarify that religion has done a lot of harm in my life (lost a good friend because of it)and therefore it is something that easily triggers me. Like I said I love your book and I apologize for my post, which seems to be petty and unnecessary in the first place. Cheers

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Your book was incredible, one of the best books I've ever read tbh and it will probably change my life forever. I apologize for my post and I wish for it to be taken down. I need to clarify that religion has done a lot of harm in my life (lost a good friend because of it)and therefore it is something that easily triggers me. Like I said I love your book and I apologize for my post, which seems to be petty and unnecessary in the first place. Cheers
Your first post was shit but apologizing about it and reflecting on it says more about you than that. I can think back on things I’ve said and done only a few years back and wonder how I was such an idiot.

Welcome to the forum and god bless.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...