The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Video surveillance AI Idea feedback

Idea threads

Levin Witt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 18, 2020
Hello, I my idea is to create some kind of app or site that will analyse a video via AI that can find weather or not a given object is withing that video. I think this would be applicable to homes of other locations to find lost items. For example, if you lost your keys in or around your home, you could simply type keys into this app/site and it will show you all the instances where it saw keys, order from most recent to least recent. This would obviously require your home to be under video surveillance at all times. But I think it would be fairly easy to install a small camera into each room of your house. Many people who are into home security already have cameras, and would just need to install few more.
The AI could also be used to identify and notify you about intruder, the fact that you left you stove on, the fact that you Grandma fell and cant get up, and a whole bunch of other potential uses. I know that this is all pretty vague, and of course there is the issue of privacy and the fact that people are uncomfortable with cameras, which is where encryption or other methods of protecting the footage of your daily life would be needed. I just think the idea of a home surveillance AI that you could use to find lost items or for other things would have potential. Similar things are already being used on a larger scale, in airports for example, where an AI sends an alarm message that a bag was left unattended, or in factories to keep track of things.
I would really appreciate any feedback on this idea. If you think there would be a market etc. Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
The answer is yes there will be a market for this simply because people upgrade whatever they already have.

So anyone with CCTV at home will eventually have upgrade in the way whatever they have now is multiple upgrades of whatever they had 20 years ago.

Companies need differentiators from competitors, so some Home Security Company will eventually offer it - if they don't already - and then all the competition will eventually catch up.

If you are implying you know how to create these type of things you could hook up with a small local company and see what you can do.

A lot of this type of thing is from Military, then feeds down to large corporate's then small businesses and early adopters, then mainstream as prices drop.

Dan

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
With no country given..... lots of people in the US don't seem to mind having cameras on the inside of their house so I think this could be a very nice app to have for those people. We have so many cameras on the outside of our house, if a fly farts anywhere on our property or within 3 houses, my phone dings. But we would never consider having an inside camera. I have another idea for an app if you are interested.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I like this. I really think the internet of things will make the most billionaires this decade and all that data needs to be analyzed. Even starting something orthoganolly related to that will allow you to branch into lots of different opportunities.

And I would bet money that the US will never have privacy laws like the EU passed , our federal government is a complete wreck with no sign of improvement coming , this idea has wheels. I give it two Lamborghinis up.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hello, I my idea is to create some kind of app or site that will analyse a video via AI that can find weather or not a given object is withing that video.

You have described what Google, Tesla, and a number of other companies are doing right now. You should check out some of the advances being made.

Levin Witt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 18, 2020
With no country given..... lots of people in the US don't seem to mind having cameras on the inside of their house so I think this could be a very nice app to have for those people. We have so many cameras on the outside of our house, if a fly farts anywhere on our property or within 3 houses, my phone dings. But we would never consider having an inside camera. I have another idea for an app if you are interested.
I don't want to limit it to just one country, but yes this is the biggest problem, people don't want cameras inside watching them at all times. That is why the video feed cant be sent out into the internet-it would have to be downloaded software used locally. But there is a market for indoor home security cameras, These could be used for this product. Thanks and yes I would be interested in your ideas.

Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I don't want to limit it to just one country, but yes this is the biggest problem, people don't want cameras inside watching them at all times. That is why the video feed cant be sent out into the internet-it would have to be downloaded software used locally. But there is a market for indoor home security cameras, These could be used for this product. Thanks and yes I would be interested in your ideas.

CHAPP: Make a sensor that goes on the toilet seat so when it is lifted, it sends a message to an app. If a guy thinks his woman is cheating on him while he is at work, he may be able to find out. The guy gets a message when the seat was lifted and when it goes back down. If it's a cleaning company, they put the seat back down in x amount of minutes and normally about the same amount of time every time they clean. Plus, you know the day the cleaning company shows up. If its the wife's boyfriend.... the app goes off and you know somethings up (or was :wideyed: ). CHAPP = Chapp my @ss or @ss as in he should have sat on his @ss instead of lifting the seat. = Cheaters App.

Just something fun I had thought of a long time ago. lol Goes along with that colored light that goes in the toilet.... my wife HATED that thing. :rofl:

Levin Witt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 18, 2020
CHAPP: Make a sensor that goes on the toilet seat so when it is lifted, it sends a message to an app. If a guy thinks his woman is cheating on him while he is at work, he may be able to find out. The guy gets a message when the seat was lifted and when it goes back down. If it's a cleaning company, they put the seat back down in x amount of minutes and normally about the same amount of time every time they clean. Plus, you know the day the cleaning company shows up. If its the wife's boyfriend.... the app goes off and you know somethings up (or was :wideyed: ). CHAPP = Chapp my @ss or @ss as in he should have sat on his @ss instead of lifting the seat. = Cheaters App.

Just something fun I had thought of a long time ago. lol Goes along with that colored light that goes in the toilet.... my wife HATED that thing. :rofl:
Well that's pretty creative lol

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
This is beyond lol :)

Back on topic - problem is that most things that "disappear" are under something or inside of something. Cam won't see it.

Clueless Newbie

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 7, 2018
New York City
Last edited:

Levin Witt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 18, 2020

Back on topic - problem is that most things that "disappear" are under something or inside of something. Cam won't see it.
Yes but you could find the last time it was visible before that. Then, if it went into say a bag, you could then find that bag (with help of the ai if needed).

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Yes but you could find the last time it was visible before that. Then, if it went into say a bag, you could then find that bag (with help of the ai if needed).
That's a good solution. Have you looked into Raspberry Pi as a platform for that?
I'm not sure if it has enough computing power but if it had you would only need to solve software side of it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.