The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vehicle Magnets vs Full Wrap Branding

Marketing, social media, advertising

Lee Wright

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 28, 2018
Orange, NSW, Australia
Since moving from a large city to a regional city I've noticed that you tend to see the same vehicles driving around all the time. This has got me thinking more about whether vehicle branding is worthwhile here (I run an event AV hire business). I did get a couple of magnets done for my van from Vistaprint which were affordable & people do seem to notice them when I'm at events. I was a bit reluctant to get permanent signage as I do use the vehicle a fair bit for my other AV business in the city & it's nice to have the flexibility to just pull the magnets off & have a plain vehicle & it's good for security too as you're not advertising the fact that you have expensive AV equipment on board. One thing that got me thinking more about this was seeing two different examples. I have a friend that runs an electrical test tag business & I know he does quite well. He has his vehicle fully wrapped. In fact the picture below is his old vehicle, his new one is even more full on - you can't miss it anywhere around town, it really stands out. On the other hand everyday I drive past another test tag business who just has a pretty plain looking door magnet & It just struck me how "back yard" that business looks in comparison. I never remember seeing that vehicle driving around town. What do you think? If you were looking for test tagging which company would you choose?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• car_magnet_example_test_tag_2.jpg
    car_magnet_example_test_tag_2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0
  • car_magnet_example_test_tag_1.jpg
    car_magnet_example_test_tag_1.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 0

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
The full branding is more professional to me. The magnet one screams 'hobby electrician' or something similar. Plus it's just easier to read. I have crappy eyesight; I wouldn't be able to read that magnet sign if I was going 70 mph on the highway. I could catch a glimpse of the wrapped truck and remember their name for later.

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I agree that the wrapped vehicle works much better as a mobile advertisement.

The use of a poor looking magnetic sign attached to a family car takes that business further away from looking professional.

Walter

Lee Wright

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 28, 2018
Orange, NSW, Australia
I agree that the wrapped vehicle works much better as a mobile advertisement.

The use of a poor looking magnetic sign attached to a family car takes that business further away from looking professional.

Walter
That's a good point about it being a family car rather than a commercial vehicle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I had a parcel delivered yesterday. Emailed first thing with 3 hour delivery window. 3 mins before the 3 hour window was up I get an apology email and a new 2 hour window.

20 mins later a family car with what looks like a harassed school mom rocks up to drop off the parcel. No van, no livery, no uniform.

Would I want my company represented that way? Personally no. Image is everything and first impressions count.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.