The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vegan Niche ideas.

Idea threads

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
Hi all,

I am looking for ideas as to how to maximize my vegan website. I understand there are a mass amount of affiliate programs out there but it's not what I'm looking for. This is a lifestyle close to my heart and really looking for some kind of direction/feedback or ?

Many thanks.

P.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Hi all,

I am looking for ideas as to how to maximize my vegan website. I understand there are a mass amount of affiliate programs out there but it's not what I'm looking for. This is a lifestyle close to my heart and really looking for some kind of direction/feedback or ?

Many thanks.

P.

There's not enough info here to help you.

You're going to have to be more specific about what you're looking for.

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
There's not enough info here to help you.

You're going to have to be more specific about what you're looking for.
I am looking to do something else in the vegan space other than be an affiliate for other people's products. There are dozens of other websites out there in this niche talking about the same topics and selling similar affiliate products. I would love to come up with a plan to market/sell something uniquely different that is my own creation, but I don't know what!

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
What does the vegan community want that they can't find?

What are their current unmet pain points?

You will find far more answers and clues by listening and speaking to vegans. If you are not already, go to where vegans are talking.

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
What does the vegan community want that they can't find?

What are their current unmet pain points?

You will find far more answers and clues by listening and speaking to vegans. If you are not already, go to where vegans are talking.
Thank you for your response. I am actually already doing this.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
The vegan niche has SO much opportunity that your question is just too vague to really thoughtfully answer it - but take any niche, industry, idea, and add veganism to it and you can have a winning idea right there.

I am a vegetarian of 15 years and a vegan of 6 and I personally know of just dozens of areas where veganism could thrive.

For example, I am hugely into fitness - but veganism in fitness (at least quality vegan products/advice) are sometimes hard to come by - so in the fitness niche alone, you could create vegan cooking guides, workout plans, vegan supplements...the list is endless.

Fitness is just one example - but take what you are passionate about, see if there is an area where you can effectively implement veganism into and go from there!

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
The vegan niche has SO much opportunity that your question is just too vague to really thoughtfully answer it - but take any niche, industry, idea, and add veganism to it and you can have a winning idea right there.

I am a vegetarian of 15 years and a vegan of 6 and I personally know of just dozens of areas where veganism could thrive.

For example, I am hugely into fitness - but veganism in fitness (at least quality vegan products/advice) are sometimes hard to come by - so in the fitness niche alone, you could create vegan cooking guides, workout plans, vegan supplements...the list is endless.

Fitness is just one example - but take what you are passionate about, see if there is an area where you can effectively implement veganism into and go from there!
Thanks for the insightful response, Aubrey. Appreciate it. I have given some thought to the supplement options. I would imagine anything to do with creating products in the health industry would pose many challenges, i.e. the governing bodies/labeling/ingredients etc.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Thanks for the insightful response, Aubrey. Appreciate it. I have given some thought to the supplement options. I would imagine anything to do with creating products in the health industry would pose many challenges, i.e. the governing bodies/labeling/ingredients etc.

100%, but that also means that there is a barrier to entry. Anyone can go and create an "apparel company" but these types of businesses that require more of a barrier to pass mean less competition overall.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I am looking to do something else in the vegan space other than be an affiliate for other people's products. There are dozens of other websites out there in this niche talking about the same topics and selling similar affiliate products. I would love to come up with a plan to market/sell something uniquely different that is my own creation, but I don't know what!
Whats missing in the vegan industry?

What do people wish existed?

and before you say “I don’t know” think of three things you could do to find out.

An idea isn’t going to just drop into your head.

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
100%, but that also means that there is a barrier to entry. Anyone can go and create an "apparel company" but these types of businesses that require more of a barrier to pass mean less competition overall.
I see you are involved in a few different
I see you are involved in a few different business ventures. Please tell me more.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
I am looking for ideas as to how to maximize my vegan website. I understand there are a mass amount of affiliate programs out there but it's not what I'm looking for. This is a lifestyle close to my heart
What made you start a 'vegan' website in the first place? Why is it close to your heart?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I was choosing a niche that I am passionate about. Been vegetarian for years and then making the transition to vegan.

How do you not see opportunity in this space if you are practicing? I've been vegan for 3 years and I the amount of opportunity I see in the plant-based spaced is insanely plentiful, to the point of distraction.

Just find it odd that you don't see the same.

Now, I'd tell ya some of what I see, but then again, it might be something I'd entertain myself as a business.

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
How do you not see opportunity in this space if you are practicing? I've been vegan for 3 years and I the amount of opportunity I see in the plant-based spaced is insanely plentiful, to the point of distraction.

Just find it odd that you don't see the same.

Now, I'd tell ya some of what I see, but then again, it might be something I'd entertain myself as a business.
I do indeed see many options within this space, and as you say "to the point of distraction". Just looking for suggestions on different "angles" in marketing options other than selling affiliate products.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I see you are involved in a few different

I see you are involved in a few different business ventures. Please tell me more.
Ask me a question and I am happy to answer.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I do indeed see many options within this space, and as you say "to the point of distraction". Just looking for suggestions on different "angles" in marketing options other than selling affiliate products.

To me this seems you are fishing for a quick idea that requires no thought and will surely result in you coming back to the forum and complaining you got led astray. You have been asked some very important questions by members that I hope will respond when I have a progress thread going. Where you have decided to ignore them or brush them off without answering. If you see many options in this niche as you said, then list them down on paper and work your way to only one. Then start working on it to validate your idea. When you start to have something come back and update us and I bet you would get some great feedback on your idea. No one is going to just give you their ideas.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I'm very pro-meat, so excuse me if I have funny ideas about vegan opportunities :)

Vegan ideas from this thread: meal plans (since a lot of meal plans involve meat)

From me (a meat eater)
website rating Vegan restaurants
youtube channel with Vegan restaurants and you reviewing the place when you go there (free meals + trips if you become famous and they ask for you) bonus points as you'll be sharing vegan benefits
Vegan clothing reviews (free cloths if you're famous) that are made with 0 animal products
Vegan belts (shameless plug: www.belts.yonies.com)
Vegan accessories?
Vegan coaching (how to become vegan, how to transition, benefits, things to watch out for, etc..) can be done through youtube, patreon, online webinars/classes/books, or in person...

What do you hate as a vegan? do you walk into a store and sometimes feel guilty buying something that might have harmed an animal (if you're not sure?) then start a vegan store!

Do you ever walk into a restaurant and then decide to walk out because you don't like what they serve? start an app that tells you what the closes vegan restaurant is, and how it's rated.

Do you ever wish that you could taste meat? then find and sell a meat replacement item that is similar in texture/taste.

The list is endless!
The Sky is the limit!

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
To me this seems you are fishing for a quick idea that requires no thought and will surely result in you coming back to the forum and complaining you got led astray. You have been asked some very important questions by members that I hope will respond when I have a progress thread going. Where you have decided to ignore them or brush them off without answering. If you see many options in this niche as you said, then list them down on paper and work your way to only one. Then start working on it to validate your idea. When you start to have something come back and update us and I bet you would get some great feedback on your idea. No one is going to just give you their ideas.
First off, I don't appreciate your condescending and punitive attitude. I understand this to be a forum for "advising people with business ideas?" Sometimes we need an outsider's perspective in looking at things differently than we have been. I am not 'fishing for a quick idea" and I am CERTAINLY not interested in hearing from somebody that has his head jammed squarely up his arse that he wouldn't be able to give any valuable advice if he truly tried!!

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
I'm very pro-meat, so excuse me if I have funny ideas about vegan opportunities :)

Vegan ideas from this thread: meal plans (since a lot of meal plans involve meat)

From me (a meat eater)
website rating Vegan restaurants
youtube channel with Vegan restaurants and you reviewing the place when you go there (free meals + trips if you become famous and they ask for you) bonus points as you'll be sharing vegan benefits
Vegan clothing reviews (free cloths if you're famous) that are made with 0 animal products
Vegan belts (shameless plug: www.belts.yonies.com)
Vegan accessories?
Vegan coaching (how to become vegan, how to transition, benefits, things to watch out for, etc..) can be done through youtube, patreon, online webinars/classes/books, or in person...

What do you hate as a vegan? do you walk into a store and sometimes feel guilty buying something that might have harmed an animal (if you're not sure?) then start a vegan store!

Do you ever walk into a restaurant and then decide to walk out because you don't like what they serve? start an app that tells you what the closes vegan restaurant is, and how it's rated.

Do you ever wish that you could taste meat? then find and sell a meat replacement item that is similar in texture/taste.

The list is endless!
The Sky is the limit!
Thank you SO much for your invaluable input:) As a non-vegan yourself, this speaks volumes as to who you are as a person - very enlightening!

Those are some very thoughtful options you had mentioned, and a couple I have considered - specifically the coaching. I guess sometimes when presented with TOO many options the mind gets confused! Anyway, I am taking away what you have kindly shared and I will get to work on research.

Thank you so much for your help :) Sky is the limit indeed, armed with people who TRULY WANT TO HELP rather than put you down.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
No need to add more advice when it was already given to you. Also a forum that “advises people with business ideas” it takes an actual idea from you to give advice on. Not “ what can I sell besides affiliate marketing?”

Obviously you blew right past the advice which was; the questions and methods to lead yourself to be able to find the pain points in an industry that you are passionate about in order to find a product or service in the vegan niche.
I really don’t care if your feelings are hurt. I’m telling you what you need to hear so you can actually start coming up with a great idea that I’m sure you have somewhere in that head.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
No need to add more advice when it was already given to you. Also a forum that “advises people with business ideas” it takes an actual idea from you to give advice on. Not “ what can I sell besides affiliate marketing?”

Obviously you blew right past the advice which was; the questions and methods to lead yourself to be able to find the pain points in an industry that you are passionate about in order to find a product or service in the vegan niche.
I really don’t care if your feelings are hurt. I’m telling you what you need to hear so you can actually start coming up with a great idea that I’m sure you have somewhere in that head.
Sometimes it takes someone to re-word/reformat something for people to read it, when that happens they become aware of the new options that are out there (which in hind-sight they should have seen before)
I've just started looking at wood-working as a hobby, I thought wood-working is complicated... turns out it's actually very basic... kinda like 1+1 = 2, or 2x4=table, in other words, once you see it, it becomes obvious.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
First off, I don't appreciate your condescending and punitive attitude. I understand this to be a forum for "advising people with business ideas?" Sometimes we need an outsider's perspective in looking at things differently than we have been. I am not 'fishing for a quick idea" and I am CERTAINLY not interested in hearing from somebody that has his head jammed squarely up his arse that he wouldn't be able to give any valuable advice if he truly tried!!

Ask better questions.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. I honestly believe that you think you're stuck and aren't just looking for the easy way.

But we get a lot of people who want an idea handed to them, an idea that they could "dip their toes in", test quickly, and dump when it doesn't give them immediate results.

Finding good ideas is a process that starts with asking the right questions. Your question started with "how do I maximize [the revenue of] my vegan website". That's a 2nd order question at best.

The first order questions ask "what do vegans want that they can't get?" "what are vegans getting that they don't want?" "what big problem do vegans have that they're having trouble solving?" "what would it take for them to solve this problem? "how can I solve this problem better than anyone else?"

If you come in asking poor questions, you're not gonna get good answers. This forum has a good amount of people who ARE vegan. There's good insight to be found here. But you come in and ask something to the tune of "what can I offer that will make my vegan website the most money"... well shit we don't know! And if we DID know, why would we tell YOU?

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Sometimes it takes someone to re-word/reformat something for people to read it, when that happens they become aware of the new options that are out there (which in hind-sight they should have seen before)
I've just started looking at wood-working as a hobby, I thought wood-working is complicated... turns out it's actually very basic... kinda like 1+1 = 2, or 2x4=table, in other words, once you see it, it becomes obvious.
I might have been straight to the point and a little harsh, but each post I still referred to the questions he was asked and needed to answer first. It would have been one thing if I only replied with my first sentence and left it as that. He just couldn’t see past what he wanted to I guess and rather play victim. Anyways, get over it and read the-Js post. It is what I was getting at and he articulated better.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I created a brand of cork fashion accessories and used to market to Vegans.. they were the primary buyers. Wallets, bags, totes, etc. Increase in CPMs kind of killed it so I moved on. If you have traffic cork products may work..

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
I created a brand of cork fashion accessories and used to market to Vegans.. they were the primary buyers. Wallets, bags, totes, etc. Increase in CPMs kind of killed it so I moved on. If you have traffic cork products may work..
Thanks! I had previously looked into cork products and decided against it for a few different reasons.

1prosperity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 16, 2019
Ask better questions.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. I honestly believe that you think you're stuck and aren't just looking for the easy way.

But we get a lot of people who want an idea handed to them, an idea that they could "dip their toes in", test quickly, and dump when it doesn't give them immediate results.

Finding good ideas is a process that starts with asking the right questions. Your question started with "how do I maximize [the revenue of] my vegan website". That's a 2nd order question at best.

The first order questions ask "what do vegans want that they can't get?" "what are vegans getting that they don't want?" "what big problem do vegans have that they're having trouble solving?" "what would it take for them to solve this problem? "how can I solve this problem better than anyone else?"

If you come in asking poor questions, you're not gonna get good answers. This forum has a good amount of people who ARE vegan. There's good insight to be found here. But you come in and ask something to the tune of "what can I offer that will make my vegan website the most money"... well shit we don't know! And if we DID know, why would we tell YOU?
I obviously should have given more thought to the way I articulated my question! Either way, you are absolutely correct = I am NOT LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY OUT. I am genuinely stuck! Maybe I am just putting way too much thought into this and the obvious options are just staring me in the face. I did not post to this board with any other intention than to perhaps gain some insight as to what other options might there be other being an affiliate for other people's products. But I guess that was just too much to ask. I feel like I've come under attack from a few people on this board, and that is not fair. For that reason, I'm going to unsubscribe from this site. Thanks (NOT) for your help!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I obviously should have given more thought to the way I articulated my question! Either way, you are absolutely correct = I am NOT LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY OUT. I am genuinely stuck! Maybe I am just putting way too much thought into this and the obvious options are just staring me in the face. I did not post to this board with any other intention than to perhaps gain some insight as to what other options might there be other being an affiliate for other people's products. But I guess that was just too much to ask. I feel like I've come under attack from a few people on this board, and that is not fair. For that reason, I'm going to unsubscribe from this site. Thanks (NOT) for your help!

Bye

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
/Shrugs/ if you're not ready, then you're not ready apparently.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.