The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vegan Food Franchising

Idea threads

vegandoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
May 13, 2022
Hello everyone, and sorry for my English in advance but I am not a native speaker.

Quick background: I am a doctor (MD) with an expertise in vegan nutrition, I am quite famous in my country, wrote 3 books (4th coming out in 2023) and built my first fast lane business last year (consultation service where other people make consultations on my behalf, a membership and online courses/events). The business solves this problem: I am vegan and I don't know what to eat/how to balance my diet and get all the nutrients/I need support/cooking ideas/some like-minded people to help me in this journey)

Since I enjoy solving problems so much (my goal is to eventually run my businesses full time) I spotted another problem (actually I spot many everyday, it's a curse as MJ says)
Vegans in my country always complain they can't find a specific dish they used to eat when they were omnivores in a vegan version.
There is only one restaurant who does this (with many omnivores options) and is expensive, not that good.

So I would like to build a franchising, starting small but dreaming big (there are examples of vegan food businesses that are now all over europe- and also Europe lacks this kind of vegan food, I know for sure)

It will be me (and my audience, I made the fortune of the restaurants I went to and posted about, they stil thank me and give me large discount as a eternal thank-you) and this food blogger of mine who is very well known as well.
We do have a very combined and reactive audience.

The idea would be to start cooking it at home (like the Trotmans, I loved that book|), pre-sell it online the day before, make in the morning and deliver it. First only in our city, then we want to have like food trucks but on bikes (sustainable) that sell it throughout the city (which the first profits).
The goal is to have corners all over Europe (and why not, the US).
She is the best in my country at doing this specific vegan food, Thai is very difficult to find, and can be also eaten on-the-go (like on a bench in a park, for example).
We were thinking of people working in corporate settings, who want to enjoy something nutritious but not too heavy and also people WFH who will order it.

All my businesses are digital ,so I have no expertise in food businesses, how much are the margins, the main difficulties to overcome etc.

Does it make sense to you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
,so I have no expertise in food businesses, how much are the margins, the main difficulties to overcome etc.
Does it make sense to you?

Yes, but it really depends on the costs of operation. Hard for me to say since I'm not familiar with Italian economics. You should take a deep dive into the numbers to make sure the effort will yield a meaningful profit. Things I'd be looking for is a forecast of daily average expenses and sales. Having it be a franchise model helps because not everyone (especially franchise buyers) are looking to "go Fastlane".

vegandoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
May 13, 2022
Thank you! Wow were running some numbers this weekend.
I am "spoilt" as with digital products I have almost a 90% profit margin.
But with foods and physical products is different!

A box would cost around 15 euros.
We plan to cover the cost of food, cooking packaging and transportation with 7-8 euros.
No costs of advertising ant first (we will advertise it to our audience).

There are some options of businesses that started small and now have franchising (Flower Burger in Europe, Veganitas vegan pitas in Switzerland etc.)

I was wondering if there were any threads about food franchising here in the forum, I'll try and search.
thank you!

Mohendas

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 10, 2021
Thank you! Wow were running some numbers this weekend.
I am "spoilt" as with digital products I have almost a 90% profit margin.
But with foods and physical products is different!

A box would cost around 15 euros.
We plan to cover the cost of food, cooking packaging and transportation with 7-8 euros.
No costs of advertising ant first (we will advertise it to our audience).

There are some options of businesses that started small and now have franchising (Flower Burger in Europe, Veganitas vegan pitas in Switzerland etc.)

I was wondering if there were any threads about food franchising here in the forum, I'll try and search.
thank you!
Hey Mr. vegandoctor. How is it going? Have you made any progress? Any expertise to share? I have a similar idea and would love to hear about your story.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.