The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Value First and Foremost

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
6/4/19 Update:

MADE MY FIRST REAL SALE!!! Obviously it's not official until the $ gets transferred to me.

My offer was attractive enough and it worked! I'll be doing a website build and Adwords campaigns with local SEO for my new client!

I'm sending my service packages over, and they will choose the tier that suits them best.

Very excited!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
6/4/19 Update:

MADE MY FIRST REAL SALE!!! Obviously it's not official until the $ gets transferred to me.

My offer was attractive enough and it worked! I'll be doing a website build and Adwords campaigns with local SEO for my new client!

I'm sending my service packages over, and they will choose the tier that suits them best.

Very excited!

Congratulations man!

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
  • Job on a college campus helping students succeed
  • Free apartment as a job perk, no rent
  • Free meal plan as a job perk, no need to buy groceries
  • No utility bills, all paid
Not bad right?

Welp, lol. I was informed yesterday that my contract won't be renewed, and I'll be out June 30.

That's the slowlane for ya I guess...

Now I'll be taking my web design biz over 100% because as of now, I really have no choice but to see it succeed. I have more than enough to see it through. So many people on this forum started and succeeded with so much less.

My rocket fuel, my WHYS:
  • Do I really want to retreat back to a desk job again? NOPE.
  • Do I want to show everyone who's doubting me that it in fact CAN be done? YES.

I'll be posting when I can, and offering as much value back to this forum as possible!

-Andy

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
6/24/19 Update

Wow, things have been crazy lately. Meeting with a potential client on Thursday that is looking to have 3 sites built and managed. All because I shook hands with someone over the weekend.

Gettin' the ice cream!

Currently putting together a great offering for these guys with a ton of value attached!

Will update you all soon,

Andy

Monica Rose

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Apr 14, 2019
Maui, Hawaii
Also, I am shaking like a leaf after making that cold call. I really need to get more comfortable with sales.

What's the worst that could happen? They say no.

I love'd @Vilox 's thread on overcoming cold call anxiety. Will give that another read.

Hi Andy,
As the sole salespeople for our business, my husband and I both deal with this on a regular basis. I'd recommend this audiobook by Sidney C. Walker Amazon.com: How I Conquered Call Reluctance, Fear of Self-Promotion, & Increased My Prospecting! eBook: Sidney C. Walker: Kindle Store It's really great! Also you could check out some of the free content on his site Sid Walker's Selling Without Wrestling Sales Training! If you can get past what is kind of an ugly website (sorry Sid), there is some really great info he puts out. Also a book called the Secret of Selling Anything by Harry Browne (available on Amazon Kindle app). That one I found through this forum and it's great

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Great to read your progress Andy!
It's 25 already, you will be 'jobless' in next 5 days. So what is your plan?

someone(i know who) gave me these questions as steps:

What is your next 3 steps?
How will you do?
whats the deadline?

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Great to read your progress Andy!
It's 25 already, you will be 'jobless' in next 5 days. So what is your plan?

someone(i know who) gave me these questions as steps:

What is your next 3 steps?
How will you do?
whats the deadline?

I will complete my first client's website by July 5th, collect a testimonial from them, and post the project on my company website as social proof

I will use this project as a springboard into the next project with my next few clients, which I will get by first introducing myself to the local Homebuilders Association. I want to give a cool presentation to their members (without being salesy) about the importance of a good online presence. I will schedule a face to face by July 10th.

I have a meeting on Thursday (2 days from now) with a potential client who is looking to have 3 individual sites built for 3 of his businesses. I will come armed to that meeting with awesome value and be sure to communicate the benefits. If it doesn't end up being a good fit, that's ok. I will still keep in touch and check-in about his own progress.

*Bonus thing: I need to sit down and figure out how I'm going to maintain both my physical and mental well-being. I'm going into this knowing full well that nobody around me really understands it. I'll be making nutritional and exercise improvements, I'm really excited about this one! This will get done by tonight.

Things I've already done:
  • Created an accountability checklist using the @LightHouse Trello method. This will keep me organized and my brain less cluttered. I've got my goals written down, and I will review them every day.
  • Posted Craigslist ads in major metropolitan areas using the @Johnny boy way of advertising. I need to refine the copy, make it better.
  • Documented my process for SEO setup for my clients, to make it easier for me later to duplicate this

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.