The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[New project] Value first - Monetization second

Megalodon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jan 8, 2020
Hey all,

So this post is both 'seeking feedback' on an idea through the lenses of your experiences and to put my project to paper in the hope that it helps others come up with a starting point.

I have domain experience in cyber security and cybercrime through my job and after reading MFL and UNSCRIPTED I've decided to turn it into more than a job and strike out on my own. I have ideas on how to make this business profitable/fastlane, but in the initial stages I'm relying on my own time, capital and experience to get it off the ground.

The market for this kind of advice and product is crowded, but growing at an insane rate and I've identified a gap that currently isn't being filled. The way I've decided to do this and differentiate myself is to provide massive value, upfront, for FREE.

Essentially I've built a fully online triage and immediate action system to help people who have been victims of cybercrime. Helping them identify what they've been whacked by and what to do RIGHT NOW to limit the damage. It's all open source, but informed by my experiences and background.

From there I have ideas on content that customers will find enough value in to pay for. Added to these, I plan on continuing to identify needs and value adds related to the field and building on the platform. By building a trusted brand and providing the bulk of the value for no cost, I'm hoping to create a platform from which these ideas can springboard.

Love anyone's thoughts/feedback on the above, I'm pretty excited about the project and have already learned a lot just going through the first phases of it. Even if the second/monetization phase takes some time to develop, these first stages have real potential to actually help people.

While this project is still in it's infancy, based on my experience to date it's a great way to combat action-faking. If you know what industry you want to disrupt/make your money in, see what you can do to change it now. What value can you provide upfront to help you build a brand? Is there something you can do to position yourself better to execute when you do come up with your idea/product/system?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.