The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Validating smartphone case idea

Idea threads

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Hi all!

I've got an idea for smartphone cases that solves a problem. I don't see such cases on the market yet. I want to validate this idea before investing time and effort into the production of it. For market research we can ofcourse use the Adwords keyword planner. But I also want to test this using facebook ads. My question is whether facebook ads gives a good representation for the need of this type of smartphone case?
Because I'm thinking that most people already have bought a case for their iphone 6s for example, so they will be less likely to buy this case if they already have a case. On the other hand, if people don't have a case yet (and are looking for a case) and they see mine next to a different case from the competitor, then maybe they will buy it.

How can I test this idea with data that is truly representative of the need?

Also on Adwords keyword planner, which of these two numbers gives the monthly search volume? Because they differ...
1skluIr.png

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
Hi all!

I've got an idea for smartphone cases that solves a problem. I don't see such cases on the market yet. I want to validate this idea before investing time and effort into the production of it. For market research we can ofcourse use the Adwords keyword planner. But I also want to test this using facebook ads. My question is whether facebook ads gives a good representation for the need of this type of smartphone case?
Because I'm thinking that most people already have bought a case for their iphone 6s for example, so they will be less likely to buy this case if they already have a case. On the other hand, if people don't have a case yet (and are looking for a case) and they see mine next to a different case from the competitor, then maybe they will buy it.

How can I test this idea with data that is truly representative of the need?

Also on Adwords keyword planner, which of these two numbers gives the monthly search volume? Because they differ...
1skluIr.png

Thanks in advance!

Try this.

Put up a shopify store that allows pre-orders. Look for one page themes. Cost 29.99

Use facebook ads/ad words and social media influencer campaigns to drive traffic to your site.

Also have a well written email opt in popup to capture the people who may not pre-order.

You will have some who either pre-order then or wait to buy when in stock.

Use the data from google analytics and shopify sales/email captures to validate your idea.

In theory should work just fine.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Try this.

Put up a shopify store that allows pre-orders. Look for one page themes. Cost 29.99

Use facebook ads/ad words and social media influencer campaigns to drive traffic to your site.

Also have a well written email opt in popup to capture the people who may not pre-order.

You will have some who either pre-order then or wait to buy when in stock.

Use the data from google analytics and shopify sales/email captures to validate your idea.

In theory should work just fine.

Thanks, this was my idea too. But I still doubt whether facebook advertising will paint an accurate picture of the market need since most people already have a smartphone case.

Also could anyone please clarify the google adwords question?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.