I decided to rebrand my start-up before I actually pushing it out to the public. Everything looks good on paper so far. My one downfall is my current .com domain name. It's not terrible...but it is lacking in the capability for good brand identification. I need a domain name that people will want to repeat to friends, something that can be used in every day language, and something that will stick if my site goes viral.
So I thought of about 3 domain names. Each of which will work well with the product. All of them use the .me extension. Are there any downsides to using a .me? The names that I am thinking of using all flow nicely into the .me. So it's not a name that is unrelated to the "me" part of the extension..it all flows (just like about.me). But in terms of SEO & other stuff, is there anything that I should know? I tried doing some research but I have not really found anything that indicates that I should not make this move.
Thanks
So I thought of about 3 domain names. Each of which will work well with the product. All of them use the .me extension. Are there any downsides to using a .me? The names that I am thinking of using all flow nicely into the .me. So it's not a name that is unrelated to the "me" part of the extension..it all flows (just like about.me). But in terms of SEO & other stuff, is there anything that I should know? I tried doing some research but I have not really found anything that indicates that I should not make this move.
Thanks
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
