The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unscripted goes big, in a place I've never been? Wuh?

DannyD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Dec 1, 2017
Latin America
That's really interesting to see

As others have mentioned, if you think the script is bad in the US, etc. wait til you get to Korea

People are finally getting sick of the BS and waking up

Congratulations and thank you so much

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Pardon the slight humblebrag here but I'm pretty excited as I had no FN clue.

I had no idea that my book(s) where THIS popular in South Korea, like Ferris or Malcolm Gladwell proportions. Apparently in their Barnes and Noble store (not sure what it's called) I've been getting some prime real estate.

I knew something had to be going on when my royalty payments were going through the roof over there.

Kinda bittersweet that my books are more popular in Korea than the US -- in a country I never visited. And I cant even say if they were translated well, I've heard some concerns about the translation -- full paragraphs missing, chapters deleted, etc -- I'm guessing due the cultural differences.

Anyhow, I just had to share my small win with you guys, the only people on the planet that would understand the joy!

It's good to be lucky!!

View attachment 18336

View attachment 18331

View attachment 18335
Wow , this is amazing.

Good to see people appreciating real thing and moving past GURU stuff.

Last edited:

LucaBrasi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 29, 2015
MJ, congrats on your huge win in Korea!

I am a 26-year old Korean guy living in Korea who read both Korean and English versions of The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted .

Actually, I'm 80% done with your Korean version of Unscripted (finished the English version 2 weeks ago on Kindle). I would rate the translation 8/10 so far. The overall translation was on point. However, there were some parts where the translator didn't really understand or had a hard time translating some of your references. And understandably, there were some words (ex: wantrepreneur, FTE, productocracy) that felt very odd in Korean. But of course, your message is still very, very clear.

As a fan and Korean, I was excited to see your book in the "Best Seller" section in both Kyobo Books (the biggest bookstore in Korea) and BandiNLunis (probably the second biggest). And guess what? TMF is getting the love it deserves at the same time.

Here's my two cents:

The education of South Korea is the epitome of the Scripted Life, period. If you want to see the Script every corner, South Korea is waiting for you. I am a proud Korean citizen, don't get me wrong.

Most parents and students believe that the only way to get out of the rat race or live a "stable" life is to get good grades in elementary, middle, and high school, graduate from a prestigious university, and get a job at a conglomerate (Samsung, LG, Hyundai, etc) or become a doctor/lawyer/accountant.

What if you don't graduate from a prestigious university? Or have no interest in becoming a doctor? Time to spend 2-3 years (if lucky) studying for a civil service exam to work for the government and rely on a pension! Trust me, this is true.

Sadly, this is the reality of South Korea, especially for the majority of millennials.

However, I am noticing a slight change lately. It seems like more and more Koreans are starting to question the Script and are looking for a different path. And your book is an eye-opener for us. I believe your book will continue to thrive and impact more Koreans. It's funny and amazing how you can impact millions of people in a country you've never been to. I wish (uh oh?) there is thefastlaneforum in Korean as well haha.

And without a doubt, it would be awesome if you can come to Korea and give a speech about your background and TMF and Unscripted . It will mean a lot to us millennials. But yes, I know you do it only when you want to do it. But if you do, I will be the first one to attend it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.