The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unscripted Awakens My Entrepreneurial Spirit - An Intro

BTech7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 28, 2019
Miami Beach, FL
Firstly, anyone reading this please know that I am honored to be here. It has given me great hope to know that there is a group of like-minded individuals that have created, and contribute to, such an open community. Thank you.

MJ’s Unscripted book has wrecked me. From the first couple of chapters I was nodding in frustration and joy. Not so much from what I didn’t know, but from what I do know to be true and accurate. It has stirred my entrepreneurial spirit unlike anything I can recently remember and has reminded me how much I love to create, share, and at the very least try make the world a better place. I know the intimate feeling and satisfaction of holding a physical, tangible thing in your hand that was once just a thought somewhere off in the ether and that never existed before. Pulling from this non-local, chaotic, and creative place in the mind and breathing life to it in our physical world still amazes me. This “spiritual alchemy” of creation and manifestation of ideas from some point “out (or in) there somewhere” is one of our true gifts.

Professionally I am fairly deep into the tech/IT world. I picked up a 9-to-5 a few years back and am currently employed as a consultant for a global Fortune 500 tech company. My skills are pretty well rounded in web technologies, networking, and virtualization. My main focus has been building hybrid/private cloud solutions. This position has actually been part of the reopening of my eyes. The company has been fantastic and the compensation is rather decent by Scripted standards. The freedom I’ve enjoyed before is a bit lacking to put it nicely though. That, coupled with abysmally slow churn of the 401(k) and other ancillary investments, has really caused me to question my strategy.

My hand has turned the proverbial entrepreneur gumball machine a few good times earlier in my career. The results ranged from pretty-decent-success to complete scorched Earth failure. The life-lessons have been profound the entire way. There are definitely a few more good turns left in me and I’m feeling a strong pull to plunge back in with products I’ve been building as side gigs. I created a niche supplement that’s been selling on Amazon for a bit. That could definitely use more attention. Most of my side time recently has been spent on a mobile app with a group of guys who cashed out big when their company was bought and taken public last year.

My real hope for connecting with this community is to bounce ideas around, to give and get advice, and to avoid repeating past mistakes on the next gumball machine turn(s). I’ve found no better place than here to do exactly that.

Finally, thank you MJ for taking the time to condense some of your life experience in this area to a digestible and relatable format. The tone of honesty and humor pours forward in your writing. I genuinely thank you and have recommended the book to no less than 4 who have purchased. There’s your feedback loop sir! Very satisfied customer right here.

P.S. Coincidentally, I have been working near the Scottsdale area for a few weeks while reading Unscripted . In its honor I just had a meal at the productocracy pizza establishment that MJ raves about in his book called Oregano’s. It’s a fantastic example of an amazing product. Get the stuffed crust deep dish...it’s ridiculously good!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome.
Been re-reading UNSCRIPTED recently as well.

Glad it sparked great new things within you!

This “spiritual alchemy” of creation and manifestation of ideas from some point “out (or in) there somewhere” is one of our true gifts.
Great note!

This actually defines who we are, not a paycheck or a job position.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Professionally I am fairly deep into the tech/IT world.

Great place to be!

I genuinely thank you and have recommended the book to no less than 4 who have purchased.

Thank you!!

at the productocracy pizza establishment that MJ raves about in his book called Oregano’s.

If I hear correctly, they were sold ... now have new owners. Not sure if the productocracy survived the ownership change, most do not. Haven't been there in a few years since I went vegan.

Welcome aboard my friend!

BTech7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 28, 2019
Miami Beach, FL
Great place to be!

Thank you!!

If I hear correctly, they were sold ... now have new owners. Not sure if the productocracy survived the ownership change, most do not. Haven't been there in a few years since I went vegan.

Welcome aboard my friend!

The pizza was exceptional. Everything you described seems to be solidly in place still.

My wife and I were vegetarians for 10 years. I attempted Vegan for about 6 months of it and found it to be pretty challenging. That was a long time ago. We've spent the last 4 years eating a ketogenic diet about 80/20% of the time. Oregano's might have killed that 20% in one shot!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I attempted Vegan for about 6 months of it and found it to be pretty challenging. That was a long time ago.

It's getting much easier. Lots of options, don't really feel I'm missing out on anything. The cheese replacements taste just like real cheese. And finally restaurants are expanding vegan options.

But yeah, I don't think I could have pulled it off 5 years ago.

Scalr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 3, 2019
Palo Alto, CA
Firstly, anyone reading this please know that I am honored to be here. It has given me great hope to know that there is a group of like-minded individuals that have created, and contribute to, such an open community. Thank you.

MJ’s Unscripted book has wrecked me. From the first couple of chapters I was nodding in frustration and joy. Not so much from what I didn’t know, but from what I do know to be true and accurate. It has stirred my entrepreneurial spirit unlike anything I can recently remember and has reminded me how much I love to create, share, and at the very least try make the world a better place. I know the intimate feeling and satisfaction of holding a physical, tangible thing in your hand that was once just a thought somewhere off in the ether and that never existed before. Pulling from this non-local, chaotic, and creative place in the mind and breathing life to it in our physical world still amazes me. This “spiritual alchemy” of creation and manifestation of ideas from some point “out (or in) there somewhere” is one of our true gifts.

Professionally I am fairly deep into the tech/IT world. I picked up a 9-to-5 a few years back and am currently employed as a consultant for a global Fortune 500 tech company. My skills are pretty well rounded in web technologies, networking, and virtualization. My main focus has been building hybrid/private cloud solutions. This position has actually been part of the reopening of my eyes. The company has been fantastic and the compensation is rather decent by Scripted standards. The freedom I’ve enjoyed before is a bit lacking to put it nicely though. That, coupled with abysmally slow churn of the 401(k) and other ancillary investments, has really caused me to question my strategy.

My hand has turned the proverbial entrepreneur gumball machine a few good times earlier in my career. The results ranged from pretty-decent-success to complete scorched Earth failure. The life-lessons have been profound the entire way. There are definitely a few more good turns left in me and I’m feeling a strong pull to plunge back in with products I’ve been building as side gigs. I created a niche supplement that’s been selling on Amazon for a bit. That could definitely use more attention. Most of my side time recently has been spent on a mobile app with a group of guys who cashed out big when their company was bought and taken public last year.

My real hope for connecting with this community is to bounce ideas around, to give and get advice, and to avoid repeating past mistakes on the next gumball machine turn(s). I’ve found no better place than here to do exactly that.

Finally, thank you MJ for taking the time to condense some of your life experience in this area to a digestible and relatable format. The tone of honesty and humor pours forward in your writing. I genuinely thank you and have recommended the book to no less than 4 who have purchased. There’s your feedback loop sir! Very satisfied customer right here.

P.S. Coincidentally, I have been working near the Scottsdale area for a few weeks while reading Unscripted . In its honor I just had a meal at the productocracy pizza establishment that MJ raves about in his book called Oregano’s. It’s a fantastic example of an amazing product. Get the stuffed crust deep dish...it’s ridiculously good!

Welcome, BTech7

Good to see a fellow student of the TFL class of 2019 :)

Similar story for me: In the tech space and came here "to bounce ideas around". Little did I know how much impact this forum puts on top of the book - Mindset shift. If you feel your mindset is already set to go and execute, great. If you want some more inspiration:

The Astonishing Secrets Thread

And then Empires made a nice onboarding thread for us
The Gold Thread Directory

But then, it is about taking action :) so, only read when you need a break.
Are you able to talk about the app you are working on?

All the best!

BTech7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 28, 2019
Miami Beach, FL
Thanks for the links! I'll definitely have a look when I have some free time. The app is under wraps right now, but I will absolutely share when allowed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...