The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unscripted Audiobook @Audible?

snam23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 11, 2016
You have audible? Can you speed up the pace of the reading?
I listen to all my audio, including audio books on Audible and podcasts, at 2x+ speed. The iOS app lets you do it.
VLC plays most media formats and you can control the audio speed with even more precision

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Can you imagine my excitement when I saw this?

Audible 1.PNG

Only to be disappointed when i clicked the book and saw this!

Audible 2.PNG

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Purchased the audible version just now! Then I get a download failure after purchase. Says I need to change the quality setting. tried Standard and High but received same error. contacting audible now.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Purchased the audible version just now! Then I get a download failure after purchase. Says I need to change the quality setting. tried Standard and High but received same error. contacting audible now.
Troubleshooting with Audible. they said to change to multi-part download which I did and it still failed.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Audible says the book was downloaded in an older version that they need to update. They put in a ticket and it could be from 1 to 3 days to update on their end. However there is a work around. If you have ITunes on a PC you can download it from there then transfer it into audible and it will play!
Or you can just Stream it live via Audible! :) It is just the download part and version differences (the audible app no longer allows older versions) that is the issue. They did recommend downloading in multi-part when it does work because the book is bigger. I told them it isn't bigger it is "better" :)

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
just confirming - won't download the book on my android pixel via the audible app. I tried adjusting settings for downloads, nothing worked.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But for me both chrome on PC or Android wont work, It just keeps buffering.

I'm wondering if these problems are due to its length -- 17 hours is a huge file.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I'm wondering if these problems are due to its length
Could be, but Amazon should have figured out a work around for this years ago. I'm sure you're not the first.

ZeroToOne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 6, 2017
KS
I'm wondering if these problems are due to its length -- 17 hours is a huge file.

I don't think so. I've got audiobooks that range between 25 to 30 hours in length in my library and then there's Atlas Shrugged which comes in at a whopping 63 hours. Also, I got the same issue when I tried to break it up into parts.

Audible says the book was downloaded in an older version that they need to update. They put in a ticket and it could be from 1 to 3 days to update on their end.

Sounds like we just have to wait for Audible to do whatever it is they told @mindfulimmortal they were going to do.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Doubtful, Game of Thrones was around 40 hours for one of the books.

It sounds like Amazon screwed the pooch somewhere when they uploaded it to their server.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Still no luck. The Audible tech who I spoke to walked me through testing all the download options (standard, high, single part, multi part) all to the same results. She then tried to download the book herself and that is when she discovered the same results and said it was in an "older version" and would need to be updated on their end.

e7ba3da86896e837ca9d3403195f2738.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
That's absolute BS! MP3 is Format 4. These motherf*ckers can't do anything right.
I didn't want to say anything before because I was really hoping you'd have better luck than me. I tried and tried to meet their requirements, had awesome quality (better than the one I released via pure MP3) and just came up with problem after problem after problem. I was actually going to try narrating some older classic books just because but after my horrific experiences with them I wrote the entire project off as a bad waste of my and everyone else's time. Gave up on getting my book up there as a bad joke in the end. I really hope you sort this out. You got further than I did but you're lucky because you have such staunch supporters with the tenacity to persist beyond what most consumers would. I might try again in ten years once they've got themselves sorted out.

Mumtaz

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 15, 2016
UK
Every time I try to download it on my phone it tells me this
" Download Failure
This title is not supported in this audio
format. Please switch your download
quality in Settings and try again. If the
problem persists, please contact
Customer Care by going to Settings >
Contact Us. (Error: 3012) "

Mumtaz

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 15, 2016
UK
Hahaha.... and the funny thing is they don't tell us about the error when purchasing it
Hahaha.

I just got a ticket back telling me to use multi-part download after my original ticket said I've tried changing to standard quality and multi-part.

Then I called them and of course, ended up in the Philippines. Because I'm in Australia, I use an address in the US (The Westin Bonaventure in LA) so that I can use audible.com instead of the nonsense Australian version. Of course, to confirm that I am who I said I am, I needed to remember the zipcode... Oi vey.

Anyway, finally got through and was escalated to "level 2 support - Marvin".

Marvin has a worse accent and despite the fact that I called from my phone, they obviously use IP telephony, so my re-routed call probably got bounced through all parts of Asia and now I had to deal with Marvin's accent and over 500ms of latency.

Marvin told me that Unscripted has a known issue that it is not compatible with Format 4 or Enhanced Format 4 for Android... Except I have an iPhone. Apparently, iPhone sucks too.

And then he stopped talking... So I asked, "Well, how do I get the book I paid for."

Marvin told me he's escalating to higher level tech support and they will call me in 24-48 hours.

I told Marvin that I wasn't really interested in having a chat in a day or two, I just wanted my book. He didn't understand my humour.

More awkward silence.

So, no idea when I'll get what I paid for from Audible. LOL.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Every time I try to download it on my phone it tells me this
" Download Failure
This title is not supported in this audio
format. Please switch your download
quality in Settings and try again. If the
problem persists, please contact
Customer Care by going to Settings >
Contact Us. (Error: 3012) "
Same.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Oh, shit! Does this mean I'm the first official owner of the UNSCRIPTED audiobook? I just bought it on iBooks and it went fine and has no issues playing!!
Muahahaha!!!

I didn't realize iBooks did audio. I guess if they don't resolve the Audible thing soon, I may grab it from iBooks so I can listen to it on my flight next week.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Dang, I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with Audible. It's beyond pathetic that they dropped the ball as far as timeliness and download-logistics are concerned. Sheesh!

I did want to let you know, that everything worked fine on my PC. I used an Audible credit, downloaded it as usual, and dropped it into my iTunes folder without any issues or delays. It's on my iPod Shuffle as we speak. So far, I've only listened to a couple of minutes, but it sounds GREAT!

I know that's cold comfort, given all the other trouble. But at least you know that some of your readers are having a positive download/purchase experience.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Mumtaz

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 15, 2016
UK
It's working on my phone now.

This audible process has showed us how much patience you have MJ

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
Work here as well,
Finally ! Just took the time to put a 5 star review at TMF on Audible.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Awesome! Just finished re-listening to TMF on audible, very excited to download unscripted tonight

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.