The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Underemployed Dropout That Never Quite Fit In (Did I Mention That I Was Diagnosed with MS?)...And Even More Fun

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
.I am employed full time(remotely) and got accepted as a student for A+ certification (Comptia Tech Academy)
YES!!!
Good job man, I'm glad things are getting better!

I still have MS and Crohn's disease but I am still creating despite those labels
There will be an answer to everything, take things one day at a time.

Keep us updated and best of luck!

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
It is about time that I updated this thread...I am employed full time(remotely) and got accepted as a student for A+ certification (Comptia Tech Academy)

I have been shadowboxing for a couple of weeks now and along with eating (rather than stressing about it) and taking vitamins + fish oil have begun to put on muscle.

I am still writing my autobiography.

I still have MS and Crohn's disease but I am still creating despite those labels
Great man ! You can see that consistency and effort pays off ! Really glad you're doing better

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Great man ! You can see that consistency and effort pays off ! Really glad you're doing better
Thank you! I am learning to keep fighing and not get so caught in where that fight leads....Otherwise, you end up fighting yourself, which is what I was doing.

If my health changes, I am OK with that (kind of)....I will deal with life at that point, not where I think I should be at that point.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Thank you! I am learning to keep fighing and not get so caught in where that fight leads....Otherwise, you end up fighting yourself, which is what I was doing.

If my health changes, I am OK with that (kind of)....I will deal with life at that point, not where I think I should be at that point.
Agree. Thinking about the end results can often circle back and block you from taking action. Sometimes you just gotta ignore the end situation you imagine and keep going.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
I'm sorry to hear about your medical diagnosis, but don't let stop you from living your life. Regardless if you have 60 years left, or 6 months, we all are on a clock. Spend your time wisely, it's all we have.

That said, if you want to go Fastlane, I hope you understood the book's point that this is an exponential curve, not a logarithmic one. You don't make $1m in year one, you make it year six with the previous five at $10k/year (obviously these numbers are all made-up, but they are examples of "you can get rich fast or easy, pick one" where "easy" means 40 years of savings).

This is not a "get rich quick" forum. I'm not saying you can't do it (if you can provide tons of VALUE to EVERYONE tomorrow, you might do it!), but most of what you'll find here is more grounded.
Thank you! I am not looking for a "get rich" scheme... I've gone through many of them and just have gone tired of the "free webinar" situation and constantly switching. I didn't spend a lot of money, but I did spend a lot of TIME going through the whole "get ricj quick guru" circle and came out with nothing...

Fastlane, with its very colorful language, helped me see how futile that system was.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
This is not medical advice, but some people have managed to reverse MS through the carnivore diet (and other elimination diets). This might work because MS is fundamentally an autoimmune disease.

The fact that you went through debilitating depression might be a sign of chronic systemic inflammation, and perhaps the depression and MS are both symptoms of the same underlying condition.

Again, this is not medical advice, but I would really suggest looking into it, because this diet saved lives.

I really hope that you will improve all areas of your life, prioritizing health (physical and mental).
Best of luck, and keep us updated on your progress!
I will agree with you. I grew up on the lower income, highly processed food for ALL of my life. I had some periods where I tried to eat "healthy' but it was basically getting protein shakes and getting bored with eating chicken breasts because I'm not really a cook.

I also was Crohn's disease in middle school...probably from the years of junk food, processed food, and milk (Both my mom and the US Department of Education believed I need to chug down milk despite feeling crap after)

So...it's most definitely related to autoimmne

I have looked into elimination diets as well...Currently, I am SLOWLY following the advice of a bulking coach (offered to give some advice when I mentioned my MS story) who advised me to first just focus on eating noncrappy food on a regular basis and to pay attention to how my body reacts. That is the best advice from anyone "medical" because when I was diagnosed, there was no in-depth questions about diet...They were like "OK, let's figure this out. You have Progressive MS...let's start you on treatment."

I Googled answers and saw that more than a few people with MS had switched to Carnivore or keto...so I completely agree with what you are saying

Regardless of what happens, I do know that eating less crappy food is definitely a good idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
I'm also sorry to read about your medical diagnosis! I think you should prioritize your health first of all!!

Like other fastlaners mentioned here, there are people that have managed to reverse MS through diet.

One that manage to reverse here’s MS is Dr. Terry Wahls.
Now she shares her knowledge with others with MS, maybe you will find good info in her book and site.

Best of luck!
Have the book...I agree with the idea that eating less processed food is the KEY vs just taking medication

Implementing the diet might be a little expensive, but I like the principles behind it

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
+1 on this. Seems like your physical and consequentially your mental health are at a level which can be debilitating for starting a business.
So focus on those first ! Without health there isn't much you can do.

Then reading the GOLD posts will cause some great mindset shifts.

Jokes on you... I worked at McDonald's. And got laid off. So don't feel so bad about not being able to get a job. (Even though it seems you are not so underemployed, if you managed to freelance and go remote. You can probably do it again then)
I know I felt very bad about it for a long a$$ time... but we can change, and now I am much more "employable" than before.
Again mental health played a huge role.

Best of luck !
Yes, I'm slowly unraveling the "script" that "I grew up poor so that means I should only eat crappy, processed food that helps the food companies (like McDonald's, Burger King) make profits while my body is suffering...

I am SLOWLY eating more unprocessed food on a regular basis and have an accountability partner along with a boxing app & human guide....so we'll see how all of this shapes up.

Also tai chi and meditation...

But, I digress. I was actually as a call center rep for 2 companies....but it's definitely underemployment...and I'm just getting tired of the "job" process: the recruiters, the assessments, the Application Tracking Systems, the interviews, the lies about "workplace culture" and "flexibility: when I know they are lying.

That being said, for one of the jobs, I have NOT received the computer yet...after 2 weeks

What makes job searching a little more difficult is that I walk with a cane and can't just jump and do whatever job I could (like I used to)....I have to do remote now only...and keep getting funneled into call center work, which I am not thrilled to join, but will do

I've been a freelance, but it was "struggle" freelancing, not freelancing. I just started doing surveys and Upwork and survived from there. I do not want to do that route again. It might be OK for a extra cash doing something I like, but I want to do "grown up freelancing"

Hence "fastlane:

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
My first idea: A book...but not a simple "I want to make money on Kindle" book, but an honest truth about my story leading to here....a dude with M/S sharing his journey on an entrepreneurial forum that helped him finally stop chasing and to find value in where I am...also to provide a guide to people with Progressive M/S (particularly men) because I realized there really isn't a guide to help men at least start to sort out Progressive M/S Deadline: October 11, 2022...The one-year annivesary of my M/S diagnosis 250 words each day (except weekends)

Not sure you're ready for this yet. You haven't "done" anything yet. People want the full story arc, not just Act 1. Notice that in all of MJs books, there is some journey or solving a problem that eventually changes a life. (Not trying to be mean).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...