The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ubermen$ch vs Business_Guy RACE TO $1,000,000 CHALLENGE

Who do you think will win this challenge?

• Business_Guy

• Ubermen$ch

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I'll bet against Uber.

I had a solid lead to move his supposed $500,000 in lighting inventory. When I asked for the inventory list, he strings me along then tries to upsell me into some other thing where I would be his affiliate. Still haven't got an inventory list. He is going to say that I am a hater, but really, I just feel letdown by someone saying something and then failing to fulfill what they say. If he can't even respond to some emails, then how will he manage a business making millions?
Uber doesnt get out of bed for 500k HATER

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael W.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 2, 2009
Ok City, OK
I'll bet against Uber.

I had a solid lead to move his supposed $500,000 in lighting inventory. When I asked for the inventory list, he strings me along then tries to upsell me into some other thing where I would be his affiliate. Still haven't got an inventory list. He is going to say that I am a hater, but really, I just feel letdown by someone saying something and then failing to fulfill what they say. If he can't even respond to some emails, then how will he manage a business making millions?
Unfortunately this is exactly my experience.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
@MKHB :yawn:

I'll bet against Uber.

Fortunately for me, my success has absolutely zero correlation to the words you type.

True, except for one potentially positive (for both of us) option. You have my number, no? My Ohio number is 614-446-3741. Did you call that? Did you text that? 'Cause I didn't get anything if you did. Surely you didn't assume that you'd get a faster, better response from me by posting publicly here rather than bringing this up with me privately? Last time I heard from you was a week ago.

If you want to get some money, shoot me a text, or hit me up. My numbers are always available for making money.

he strings me along then tries to upsell me into some other thing where I would be his affiliate

Watch your mouth when you're talking about me, bro. Er, I mean, watch your... fingers when you're typing about me.

Lol.

What I mean is, get your story straight. I didn't try to "upsell" you on shit. Upsell implies some sort of purchase.

Here's what happened.

We exchange private messages. We get on the phone. You express interest in the lighting inventory. We talk about what I have going on, yet I don't learn much about your past experiences. So, I steered the conversation towards an area of possible interest. For some reason, you got all butt hurt about it, enough to post about it here, instead of coming to me directly.

Don't get me wrong. I'm the last person on this forum that should be complaining about private conversations made public - HAHAHA :troll: - yet I usually have a reason for my ways, and business is business. Can't really do business with people who can't keep their mouths shut. Basic non-disclosure shit, guys. Kind of exposes you as an amateur.

I had a solid lead to move his supposed $500,000 in lighting inventory.

Inventory is not "mine." Details are important, know what I mean?

There is nothing supposed about the inventory. See below for further explanation.

To the hustlers who eagerly hit me up via PM, proclaiming their ability to move the lighting inventory... my apologies for not getting back to each of you individually.

The owner of the company decided against moving the inventory piece meal. Rather, we are going to seek large buyers only.

I understand that one or two of you mentioned that you may have buyers lined up to purchase the entire inventory, or at least a large chunk (at least 20%), and to those of you still interested, I will get you the list on Monday. The delay has to do with some privacy issues I had to work out with the buyer. I'm sure you all can understand this, given the (almost) amazing lack of discretion displayed in this thread.

On a final note, and this emphasizes the last one made, I have multiple lines of business going on with this organization, some of which are even more pressing.

@Business Guy

I don't know what these guys do all day. I hustle. Apparently, you do, too. Let's make this happen.

I once joked that my potential recruits would give me an advantage. Clearly, some will just turn into extra-big-mouthed HATERZ (almost thought I wasn't gonna use the word, yea? :finger:)

What do we need to begin? Did you read @iAmTrade 's proposal?

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada

Fortunately for me, my success has absolutely zero correlation to the words you type.

True, except for one potentially positive (for both of us) option. You have my number, no? My Ohio number is 614-446-3741. Did you call that? Did you text that? 'Cause I didn't get anything if you did. Surely you didn't assume that you'd get a faster, better response from me by posting publicly here rather than bringing this up with me privately? Last time I heard from you was a week ago.

If you want to get some money, shoot me a text, or hit me up. My numbers are always available for making money.

Watch your mouth when you're talking about me, bro. Er, I mean, watch your... fingers when you're typing about me.

Lol.

What I mean is, get your story straight. I didn't try to "upsell" you on shit. Upsell implies some sort of purchase.

Here's what happened.

We exchange private messages. We get on the phone. You express interest in the lighting inventory. We talk about what I have going on, yet I don't learn much about your past experiences. So, I steered the conversation towards an area of possible interest. For some reason, you got all butt hurt about it, enough to post about it here, instead of coming to me directly.

Don't get me wrong. I'm the last person on this forum that should be complaining about private conversations made public - HAHAHA :troll: - yet I usually have a reason for my ways, and business is business. Can't really do business with people who can't keep their mouths shut. Basic non-disclosure shit, guys. Kind of exposes you as an amateur.

Inventory is not "mine." Details are important, know what I mean?

There is nothing supposed about the inventory. See below for further explanation.

To the hustlers who eagerly hit me up via PM, proclaiming their ability to move the lighting inventory... my apologies for not getting back to each of you individually.

The owner of the company decided against moving the inventory piece meal. Rather, we are going to seek large buyers only.

I understand that one or two of you mentioned that you may have buyers lined up to purchase the entire inventory, or at least a large chunk (at least 20%), and to those of you still interested, I will get you the list on Monday. The delay has to do with some privacy issues I had to work out with the buyer. I'm sure you all can understand this, given the (almost) amazing lack of discretion displayed in this thread.

On a final note, and this emphasizes the last one made, I have multiple lines of business going on with this organization, some of which are even more pressing.

@Business Guy

I don't know what these guys do all day. I hustle. Apparently, you do, too. Let's make this happen.

I once joked that my potential recruits would give me an advantage. Clearly, some will just turn into extra-big-mouthed HATERZ (almost thought I wasn't gonna use the word, yea? :finger:)

Non disclosure..blah Blah blah.

I do not care.

I don't know you. And gain I don't care.

We are in Digital world.

If i tell my customers that they should have gotten a hold of me by other means other than email!?!

That they have my digits?

That "oh, why didn't u try another method to get a hold of me"?

Oh please.

Many people are not phone people and do most if not all business via email....because there is legitimate tracking thru email correct?

And you cop out by avoiding email and using excuse of those convo as alternatives?

Again, cut the shit.

I think that most here would agree that if a client or potential client did not respond via email within appropriate time?? It would be bye bye, "your sketchy", take your business elsewhere.

But yet you jump all over @LibertyForMe for non disclosure commentary and that he exposing your nonsense on a forum?!.

Anyhow.

The way I see it, the way you handled this specific situation.....your wrong.

Either step up and say you dropped the ball

or....

Continue with fast talk and jibber jabber.

Are you a man or a F*cking kid.

Seriously. For real.

G

Guest34764

omg-cat.gif

This is getting good.But,start the damn contest or don't do it.

Michael W.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 2, 2009
Ok City, OK

I do not care.

We are in Digital world.

If i tell my customers that they should have gotten a hold of me by other means other than email!?!

Oh please.

Many people are not phone people and do most if not all business via email....because there is legitimate tracking thru email correct?

And you cop out by avoiding email and using excuse of those convo as alternatives?

Again, cut the shit.

I think that most here would agree that if a client or potential client did not respond via email within appropriate time?? It would be bye bye, "your sketchy", take your business elsewhere.

But yet you jump all over @LibertyForMe for non disclosure commentary and that he exposing your nonsense on a forum?!.

Anyhow.

or....

Seriously. For real.

Christ dude calm down. Absolutely no need for any of that. Do you have a dog in this fight or something? Do any of you?

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

I do not care.

We are in Digital world.

Oh please.

Again, cut the shit.

Anyhow.

or....

Seriously. For real.

Maybe I just don't take some people seriously, 'cause I'm a pro and I can spot an amateur a mile away.

Didn't really read your post, bro. Fortunately, I don't need to read any posts here to bring in commission checks.

@Business Guy Whole lot of talking in this thread, not a lot of action. Let's agree on our terms before the morons start coagulating. :happy:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
:yawn:

All this posturing is a bore.:meh:

If you guys are going to have a bet then make it real. In my experience there is no point in having a bet unless the danger of losing is going to hurt.

A percentage of a rep bank is akin to kids play betting with Monopoly money. In fact more like Tiddlywinks in @Business Guy case as his rep bank is not even in 4 figures.

If you guys are intent on making this a monetary bet then make it REAL money, after all that is what the substance of this bet is all about.

If the target is $1m in turnover then profit will be AT LEAST 10% so that's 100k. Take 10% of that which is 10k. The loser should easily have made that much by the end of the challenge otherwise its just a one horse race. So why not agree that the loser has to pay 10k to a charity of the winners choosing?

Now that is a PROPER bet that will create focus between the two parties and also people less fortunate than themselves will benefit as a result.

Anything less is just pissing in the wind.

Last edited:

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey

Looks like I was spot on with the demand for my service. Found a market, offered my service and I now even have a potential buyer :D

All I need is the "I'm in" from Business_Guy, and I'll have documentation drafted for review, contracts/disclosures, gather information and in 72 hours we can have this little contest started.

All personal details of both parties involved will remain anonymous to the public, their identifier (to be their username on thefastlaneforum.com), their industry kept anonymous. Rules and regulations will be set by industry standards and services to be offered as regulated by ongoing-swift/seamless-audit-operations, and within bounds. More details to come.

I tip my hat to both @Ubermensch and @Business Guy, before the race begins.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey

If you guys are going to have a bet then make it real. In my experience there is no point in having a bet unless the danger of losing is going to hurt.

A percentage of a rep bank is akin to kids play betting with Monopoly money. In fact more like Tiddlywinks in @Business Guy case as his rep bank is not even in 4 figures.

If you guys are intent on making this a monetary bet then make it REAL money, after all that is what the substance of this bet is all about.

If the target is $1m in turnover then profit will be AT LEAST 10% so that's 100k. Take 10% of that which is 10k. The loser should easily have made that much by the end of the challenge otherwise its just a one horse race. So why not agree that the loser has to pay 10k to a charity of the winners choosing?

Now that is a PROPER bet that will create focus between the two parties and also people less fortunate than themselves will benefit as a result.

My above proposal puts .05 of their earnings on the line for proper verification, rules/regulations etc ;)

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

I like this.

@Business Guy Thoughts?

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
How about the loser has to fork over $10k to the fast lane forum and the forum members vote for one of the senior people to use that cash to create a live case study on how you create a fastlane business from scratch.

G

Guest34764

How about the loser has to fork over $10k to the fast lane forum and the forum members vote for one of the senior people to use that cash to create a live case study on how you create a fastlane business from scratch.

This thread is getting better and better!We should have a vote on where the money goes to.Charity or this.That is assuming they get their shit together and start it.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
How about whichever one of you doesn't make $1 in the next week gets banned from the FLF for life :D

I've never made just $1 in my life, bro.

LOL. Sometimes you guys crack me up with this Kool-Aid shit you dribble.

I sell big $HIT. Lots of money per deal.

@MKHB @ChasingPaper @juan917 know this.

@Business Guy Fake a$$. I'm calling it like this: The race began you showed your fake face on this forum and had to balls - the gall, the gaucherie! - to take on a guy who has a proven ability to make to make $185,000 by the week.

See you in a few months, bitch.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
  • If you learn how to make $1, you can make $10.
  • If you learn how to make $10, $100 is a lot easier.
  • If you can make $100, you can make $1,000.
  • When you learn how to make $1,000, you can make $10,000.
  • If you can make $10,000 - isn't $100,000 a lot easier?
  • And when you make $100,000 - you already have what it takes to make $1 million.

This is textbook linear thinking. @MKHB Fact check me, bro. Is this not textbook linear thinking? :headbanger:

The permission - and even understanding - of a mind that thinks in a such a linear fashion is not a prerequisite for an exponential mind to produce exponential results outside, results that do not fit into a two-dimensional thought box.

"The rate at which we're going from "I've got an idea" to "I've got a billion-dollar company" is happening faster, and faster, and faster..."

Clip from 5:05 - 5:15

Lavi Fletcher

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 2, 2015
Sydney
Wtf is even happening

I cbb reading the whole thread

All I see is beefing

Is this even happening or are people just jacking off to the thought of it happening

Edit: Never mind, just read the whole thread

Why is business guy saying he's gunna make a mill when he's got a progress thread trying to make $100? What?

It was November 4 when he posted this and now it's December 11

Lol nice business guy more like loser guy

Last edited:
D

Deleted35442

Didn't read recent drama. Why everyone suddenly hate @Business Guy? Why doesn't everyone just set a goal to make a million by next year? [HASHTAG]#newyearsresolution[/HASHTAG]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.