tyson.haworth
New Contributor
- Joined
- Feb 13, 2020
- Messages
- 3
Rep Bank
$90
$90
User Power: 100%
Tyson, 16 years old nearing the end of my high school years. I've been interested in the entrepreneurial lifestyle ever since I started middle school when I was 13. It has never been about the money for me, it's about spending most of my time on this planet doing something I don't even want to be doing, just to afford to sleep in a nice bed. I've watched tons of videos and read a lot online about ways to achieve my goal, but I found that most of what I was trying to learn was just Get Rich Quick kinda stuff. That is, until I found The Millionaire Fastlane . I'm in love with your work, @djdemarco, and you're a huge inspiration of mine. I plan on continuing to read your books.
A question I have for this community; I'm not sure if I should go to university. My parents would pay for it and I would study Business and Computer Science. Where my uncertainty comes in is even just being in high school at the moment, I'm fairly busy. Because of this, I do not spend as much time as I would like working on my entrepreneurial skills. I am teaching myself how to develop websites. I have absolutely no intentions of getting a job, whatsoever. I've come to that conclusion. My question is; would University be a valuable use of my time if I don't plan on implementing the skills I learn in a job? Would it be more efficient for me to self-educate myself in the exact skills I want, rather than take University classes to do so?
Thank you, Tyson.
A question I have for this community; I'm not sure if I should go to university. My parents would pay for it and I would study Business and Computer Science. Where my uncertainty comes in is even just being in high school at the moment, I'm fairly busy. Because of this, I do not spend as much time as I would like working on my entrepreneurial skills. I am teaching myself how to develop websites. I have absolutely no intentions of getting a job, whatsoever. I've come to that conclusion. My question is; would University be a valuable use of my time if I don't plan on implementing the skills I learn in a job? Would it be more efficient for me to self-educate myself in the exact skills I want, rather than take University classes to do so?
Thank you, Tyson.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
