Hi fellow Fastlaners!
I was curious if anyone in the forum had any ideas about turning Art into a Fastlane business.
I have done a lot of research and seen many successful artists, cartoonists, etc making fortunes from their artwork of off royalties, contract deals, products, and more.
Here is what I have so far for a plan:
Phase 1: Create the artwork (traditional, animation, comics, whatever)
Phase 2: Copyright it
Phase 3: Promote the crap out of it
Phase 4: Land some sort of licensing deals with major brands, celebrities, etc with hard work, phone calls
I can handle Phases 1-3 but not sure about the final part how to handle that without getting into any bad deals or losing rights to my work somehow.
Some examples of successful artist:
The 15 Richest Living Artists | Complex
Seth MacFarlane is now as rich as Oprah - well, almost - The Mayor of Television
Added - Britto had a small shop, now celebrities/companies pay him millions to use his artwork:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2010-06-10/news/for-romero-britto-luck-and-charm-trump-talent
Maybe I should call some of these artists directly
Any tips or recommended reading on licensing royalties would be great!
Thanks
Antonio
I was curious if anyone in the forum had any ideas about turning Art into a Fastlane business.
I have done a lot of research and seen many successful artists, cartoonists, etc making fortunes from their artwork of off royalties, contract deals, products, and more.
Here is what I have so far for a plan:
Phase 1: Create the artwork (traditional, animation, comics, whatever)
Phase 2: Copyright it
Phase 3: Promote the crap out of it
Phase 4: Land some sort of licensing deals with major brands, celebrities, etc with hard work, phone calls
I can handle Phases 1-3 but not sure about the final part how to handle that without getting into any bad deals or losing rights to my work somehow.
Some examples of successful artist:
The 15 Richest Living Artists | Complex
Seth MacFarlane is now as rich as Oprah - well, almost - The Mayor of Television
Added - Britto had a small shop, now celebrities/companies pay him millions to use his artwork:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2010-06-10/news/for-romero-britto-luck-and-charm-trump-talent
Maybe I should call some of these artists directly
Any tips or recommended reading on licensing royalties would be great!
Thanks
Antonio
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
