The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Turning 27 year old heli pilot stucked in his slow lane

Anthony Cho

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 14, 2018
Hi, I’m really glad to meet you guys here in Fastlane Forum.
I’m a helicopter pilot in South Korea, actually I’m on duty as a military officer here and it’s been almost 5 years. Currently I’m earning over $50k a year and it’s gonna be $55k, $60k and so on as the years go by but will never reach my satisfaction. And to top it off, if I want to get 401k, I need to do this job like 15 more years from now. Shit, can’t live like this. Oh, but don’t get me wrong. I love my country and it’s a great honor to serve but it feels like I don’t belong in this job.. Hence I had brought myself here to get some ideas.

As of now, the most seemingly feasible way to upgrade my lane is being a airline pilot after get fixed-wing license but I need to spend like $100k for that license and it will take at least 2 years to get that job, with almost zero income.
Still not a fastlane I want.
So I’m just trying to figure out how to make my lane faster and tougher.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my complaining of ma life and hope you guys have a bright fantastic future.

Anthony

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
What's popular in South Korea that hasn't caught on here in North America?

Anthony Cho

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 14, 2018
What's popular in South Korea that hasn't caught on here in North America?
Well, we had the first impeached female president? Lol

Actually it’s a bit hard to think of one off the top of my head cause Korea tends to adopt things which had already been settled in America.

Oh, there’s one super convenient thing when you live in Korea. I would call it ‘super fast culture’. Most Koreans have lowkey hasty temper and due to the small sized territory everything in here works much faster than other countries(I guess). For instance, we call ourselves as ‘People of delivery’, which means no matter wherever you are or whatever you want, delivery is available by all means. You can literally receive the item in the morning that you shopped last midnight through your phone(Even it’s Saturday moring).
Delivery men probably gotta work their a$$ off but customers are content.

DavidK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
May 23, 2017
Hurricane, UT
Even if you spend 100k to increase your intrinsic value and become an airline pilot, won't you still be in the slow lane, just making more money? Are there lots of aspiring helicopter pilots, are there any pain points in becoming a pilot? Maybe you could make a helpful guide describing the process of being a pilot and sell it to aspiring pilots?

You need to find a way to change your wealth equation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...