• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO 27 year old man from Pune, MH, India

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Ajit Ratnaparhi, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Ajit Ratnaparhi

Ajit Ratnaparhi Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $103
    Hello,

My name is Ajit. I am a 27 year old man from Pune,MH, India.

I was into job for 40 months with an IT service company. Then at the end of 2016 came across The Millionaire Fastlane- a powerful read. It changed my mindset and brought me into execution mode.

I tried different businesses while in a job- Selling Vegetables to restaurants, Selling snacks on social networks. But unfortunately I realized that I do not have any momentum. I was executing on weekends but realized that I am going nowhere. The reason was simple- my job was stealing my time.

I quit my job and started my company in headhunting space . I have found a niche where I can make an impact in terms of magnitude.

Day 1:

Progress:

I Have a paying client(of course after 6 months of efforts and knowing the market). Negotiation completed. Have also built a pool of close to 200 candidates to whom I can contact anytime the client needs.

business Challenges

1. Will be receiving payment after 1 month of completion of task (cashflow Problem)

Possible solutions:

1. Lowering down my fees and changing the terms of payment to 7 days.

2. Finding our a payment model where my cash flows are healthy

3. Building a web application where I can charge commission for the use of my platform

Family Challenges

My family does not like me going into business. They want me to be a 9-5 person(In India it sometimes go from 9-9 as well ;))

Possible solutions:

Make a fortune by the age of 30 and make my family proud!!

@MJ DeMarco

Regards
    Ajit

2. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,843
    Welcome!

For your solutions, I think you've already got some plans of your own. Number 1 and 2 sounds great, while Number 3 feels like a long shot.

For your family, IMO, they just want the best for you in their own way. Just continue doing your thing. If there is a similarity between jobs and entrepreneurship, it is that both answer to a boss or customer and provide value.

Ajit Ratnaparhi likes this.
  3. Ajit Ratnaparhi

Rep Bank:
    $103
    Thank You Sir @ZF Lee

I am planning to first understand what problem industry is having . Meanwhile even while working in manual mode , I can learn about the development option available for the development of such web application. Recently I started learning about python. Got to know that this language works fine for web application development considering the number of web development frameworks it provides.

I understand that it takes twice or thrice the time we estimate for the web application development.

As of now , I am not thinking about Android or iOS app as I can hit my target audience even with a web app which is developed so that it can run smoothly even on the mobile phones.

for entire March, I am in manual mode for sure. By the start of April, will start to design the simple web application to know the user feedback.

Waiting for more of your valuable suggestions.

Regards
    Ajit

BlackMagician and ZF Lee like this.
  4. BlackMagician

BlackMagician Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $991
    Welcome Aboard! Glad to see someone from India. I am from Mumbai!

This is your intro thread. Why not create your own progress thread in progress forum.

I can see that you have some plans already. Good to know.

You are learning Python for web application right? I will recommend to first find the need as you are already trying and outsource it?
    Instead of wasting time on learning and then developing, testing etc why not solve the needs of others and find those people? in short selling.

You already have IT background, so you can outsource it and get exactly what you want.

There are many IT firms in Pune.

Alexj, ZF Lee and Ajit Ratnaparhi like this.
  5. Ajit Ratnaparhi

Rep Bank:
    $103
    Hello @BlackMagician ,

Thanks for the feedback.

What I understand from your suggestion is first I should find out the exact need of the market. Then find out organisations/people who would be interested in buying a software system and then outsource it.

Charging monthly recurring payments for the usage of software OR any payment model that suits it better

This approach will work in the most practical possible way.

Please correct me if wrong.

Will be starting a progress thread today at 10.00 PM.

BlackMagician likes this.
  6. BlackMagician

BlackMagician Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $991
    I will suggest to read more GOLD threads here first before engaging any action. Take one day to read and implement the next day.

7. Ajit Ratnaparhi

Rep Bank:
    $103
    OK Sir @BlackMagician

Thanks for suggesting.

Have started my progress thread. EXECUTION - Headhunting my way to riches

Only objective as of now is figuring out how the MVP should look like. Problems are everywhere in my niche and I am unable to figure out what process shall I implement in web app or business in general which will solve most of the problems.

Not sure if to figure out revenue Model first or design first. Any suggestions ? @ZF Lee

Apart from Gold and Notable threads thinking of reading Lean Startup by Eric R to clear ambiguity .

In Day's time I am working on my business as usual - connecting new clients and finding new leads for . In evening time I am focusing on studying on how to take things on a platform level (Platform as a Service). any suggestions please ? @MJ DeMarco

ZF Lee likes this.
  8. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,843
    Both come hand in hand, IMO.

If the design is too costly, of course you'd need to have a revenue model that keeps more cash flow coming in.

But revenue models can change in time when you have new products or services.

See if your field of competitors have gaps in their revenue systems and designs that you can patch up.

9. Alexj

Alexj New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $24
    He
    Hey, just joined the forum, glad to know someone from Mumbai is here.

BlackMagician likes this.
  10. BlackMagician

Rep Bank:
    $991
    Welcome!
    Create your Intro Thread.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.