The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Turned 22, HAVE to make a change!

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
Hey to everyone from Toronto!!

I won't make this long, but i am basically getting fed up with where I'm going in life. Im in my 4th year of university, have a full time job in my field and I am just not feeling it. For the past 4 years I though I would always become some Project Manager, or IT Systems Analyst, but after getting my current job in IT for a big firm I just feel that this isn't for me. IT is great but at the end of the day, a job is a job.

Getting up every morning to get on the cattle train and take a trip to the slaughterhouse is brutal. Has nothing to do with the pay, the pay is great, but having to wake up to an alarm clock, work 9-5 and do meaningless work is not what i envision the rest of my life to be like. Dont get me wrong, i have nothing wrong with waking up to an alarm clock or working long hours, but if i do, it'll sure as hell be on my terms and I'll come and go as i please.

I do not know what i will be doing yet so im currently researching and reading as much as i can. Besides this awesome book, which im still reading, I have read 'Think and Grow Rich', 'Twelve Pillars of Success', 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' and am also currently reading 'How Will You Measure Your Life?'. Always open to more suggestions.

At this point all i know is that I want to be in charge of what i do. Even if i make less money than working a salary job, i will have pride knowing i made this and built this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
Welcome, great to have you here :)

How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie (here) my 2nd favorite book after The Millionaire Fastlane .

Thanks Supa,

Completely forgot to mention that book, must have gotten deleted from my Play Books. Yes, i have read it and it's definitely one of the best I've read. I keep the app on my phone with all the important quotes.

antro

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Dec 3, 2015
Germany
Rich Dad Poor Dad is also an often-mentioned book which covers mindset shifts regarding how to perceive and handle money.
Currently reading this myself and I can vouch for it as well.

Supa's suggestion of How to Win Friends and Influence People was life-changing for me.
The Audible version is splendid for people digging a British accent by the way ;)

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
Rich Dad Poor Dad is also an often-mentioned book which covers mindset shifts regarding how to perceive and handle money.
Currently reading this myself and I can vouch for it as well.

Supa's suggestion of How to Win Friends and Influence People was life-changing for me.
The Audible version is splendid for people digging a British accent by the way ;)

Oh, I think I saw the Rich Dad, Poor Dad kicking around my dad's office. Will definitely take a look at it.

I agree with you on the Dale Carnegie book, the advice I got from it was priceless. Better than any effective persuasive 101 course at school.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Welcome ! And you DEFF can make 1000% more money working for yourself then working for someone else it's a proven fact. I'm ready to see you grow!

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Welcome, i know how you feel being that i am a System Analyst and i was also looking to study for my PM certs until i came across the forum...Read as much as you here...its a lot of free information ...

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
Welcome ! And you DEFF can make 1000% more money working for yourself then working for someone else it's a proven fact. I'm ready to see you grow!

Although it seems like common sense that a job will never make you rich, for some reason this fact has been dawning on me more and more by each day. Im ready to give it my best!

Welcome, i know how you feel being that i am a System Analyst and i was also looking to study for my PM certs until i came across the forum...Read as much as you here...its a lot of free information ...

The boatloads of information im finding here is absolutely overwhelming (In a good way). I've always wanted to find something like this and i am so happy i finally did.

Welcome. There's lots of experience in here.

Thanks oldkevx. I can't wait to contribute.

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
Hey

I'm in a similar position to you, one thing I did was increase the amount of knowledge i learn from books is to listen to audiobooks whilst travelling to work, I highly recommend signing up to audible and to some good podcasts: MFCEO Project, smart passive income, side hustle nation. Also a lot of the older books such as how to win friends and influence people are available for free on youtube

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
Welcome to the forum. I live in Toronto as well. We have meet up once in a while in Toronto so maybe you should join us.

I would absolutely love to. I saw some postings for meetups and was actually wondering if you guys do the same in Toronto, this answers my question. Will be on the lookout for the next meet up.

Hey

I'm in a similar position to you, one thing I did was increase the amount of knowledge i learn from books is to listen to audiobooks whilst travelling to work, I highly recommend signing up to audible and to some good podcasts: MFCEO Project, smart passive income, side hustle nation. Also a lot of the older books such as how to win friends and influence people are available for free on youtube

Yes, i started doing exactly that whenever i drive in the car, that's how i actually finished the Dale Carnegie book. The amount of time you have in the car driving to and from work is astonishing. Can only imagine what will be possible once self driving cars are mainstream.

I have actually been looking for podcasts and will definitely be checking these out. It's only been a couple of days and i can already see i made the right decision by joining this forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...