Before TMF I'd buy what I needed on Amazon and that was it. Now when I need something I've started to analyze some of the offers, like the photos and copy.
Last week I bought a large order of bibs for a party. They were thin and disposable, and the content wasn't copyrighted (i.e., no Disney characters or anything). Totally generic - they need to catch seafood pieces for 20 minutes and get chucked in the trash.
I paid $19.90 for these bibs, likely imported from China, and I wanted to try and reverse-engineer the price tag.
I've read all of @biophase and @Walter Hay threads that I can find, and didn't want to jam-up bio's current offer of finding a product to sell (because I'm not nearly there yet). Basically, I *think* I've accounted for the right costs.
Below are the costs as I can approximate from websites like Alibaba, Globalsources, USPS, etc.
I bought 90 bibs via Amazon Prime:
-Disposable, Plastic bibs - $0.05 x 90=$4.50
-Import Costs = $0.50 (this is assuming they buy 1,000 at a time, so total shipment might be $500 delivered to your door in the U.S.)
-Printing and Application of their sticker to package = $0.25
-Shipping bibs USPS to Amazon for FBA = $0.50 (again, this is a fraction of the total)
-Amazon FBA to customer = $2.41 per package of 90 bibs
GRAND TOTAL: $8.16
Profit: $11.74
What did I miss? This profit seems a bit high, but not outrageous.
-PM
Last week I bought a large order of bibs for a party. They were thin and disposable, and the content wasn't copyrighted (i.e., no Disney characters or anything). Totally generic - they need to catch seafood pieces for 20 minutes and get chucked in the trash.
I paid $19.90 for these bibs, likely imported from China, and I wanted to try and reverse-engineer the price tag.
I've read all of @biophase and @Walter Hay threads that I can find, and didn't want to jam-up bio's current offer of finding a product to sell (because I'm not nearly there yet). Basically, I *think* I've accounted for the right costs.
Below are the costs as I can approximate from websites like Alibaba, Globalsources, USPS, etc.
I bought 90 bibs via Amazon Prime:
-Disposable, Plastic bibs - $0.05 x 90=$4.50
-Import Costs = $0.50 (this is assuming they buy 1,000 at a time, so total shipment might be $500 delivered to your door in the U.S.)
-Printing and Application of their sticker to package = $0.25
-Shipping bibs USPS to Amazon for FBA = $0.50 (again, this is a fraction of the total)
-Amazon FBA to customer = $2.41 per package of 90 bibs
GRAND TOTAL: $8.16
Profit: $11.74
What did I miss? This profit seems a bit high, but not outrageous.
-PM
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
