The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to get things going

Kanamit

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 22, 2011
Hey Hey, so I was on the forum the other day and I read this quote from one of our forum members saying to ask yourself every hour if you are producing or consuming. That was his way of motivating himself and others to start their business or whatever. So I said, I have to start producing. I grabbed several items from around the house the I know would sell and generate some fast cash on ebay. I can potentially make $3000 over the next two weeks, but once those items are sold then what? I have to find more to sell. Im looking at starting small with ebay. Ive been looking into e commerce and I know I can do that but I cant seem to find a niche product. Not only that Im looking at all these bs drop shipping websites and they all seem like scams.

I know there is no easy answer and I know there are going to be failures. Im trying to use what I know to bring this money in. I am even trying to detail cars on top of working 6 - 7 days a weeks. Thats all good, I can write my own check some weeks buts its with my bare hands. I earn a decent living but I want that passive income I keep reading about.

I even picked up a book on html and css off amazon. Do I waste my time and learn this or just pay someone once I get going? I dont know what to do but thats why I started this thread. Im hungry. I need a mentor, a partner, a friend that has success, or just someone who has a product/ website that can produce a return and I can learn from. BTW Im in Chicago if anyone is interested.

I can buy this item from a lady in china off alibaba and I can pick it up for $28. I can sell it on ebay for $55 or $60. I dont know what the shipping would be but I can pick up a quantity of ten. Problem is its a very small customer base. I could sell those ten but that would be it. Maybe another order or two. I want to sell 10 items a day for $30 profit each. Im not seeing it though. I keep reading about these opportunities and I can feel it in my gut, but Im not there yet....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Serve the car detailer supplier niche.

Set up a website selling detail supplies. Put together good videos showing how to use the different products. Sell books that teach people how to get into the business, or better yet, sell the whole package as a system so that people can start their own detailing business. My son started detailing recently by buying a whole system, including the water reclamation stuff, from some guy doing exactly this.

Kanamit

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 22, 2011
Ive thought about that. Im not far enough along with a business to know the ins and the outs to where I could teach or sell my knowledge. For now its side work. Im not ruling it out, Im just saying there would be a lot of learning on the business end. I have considered selling professional detailing products as e commerce. Finding drop shippers hasnt been easy. As I said, I havent said, these are the products Im going to sell, and exhaust all possibilities for those products. There are two website that have a huge chunk of the market. That would be an opportunity to say, "how can I do this better?" Thanks for your advice and time

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Last edited by a moderator:

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
have you looked at cherry .com it is a unique way of doing car detailing, it may give you some ideas.

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
Hi. I'm that forum member who talked about the consuming/producing paradigm.

If your method is ecommerce, then here's what you want to do:

1. Research the market for a niche you want to sell in.
2. Within that niche, find a product that you want to sell. It should be priced above $30, but ideally should be over $50.
3. Contact a wholeseller.
4. Ask wholeseller minimum quantity and price.
5. Calculate your profit margin and profit. For example, you buy at $5 per piece and sell at $30 per piece. That's 500% profit at $25.
6. Decide whether your profit margin and profit is acceptable. Both should be acceptable before you decide on a product.
7. Save money for first shipment of wholesale goods.
8. Buy wholesale goods.
9. Sell (this part is a whole other beast; contact me when you get here)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.