The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to figure out how to add value to an underserved niche in a way that could be monetized.

Idea threads

liam_hughes_85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 7, 2022
I've been alcohol free for over 5 years. Been using reddit as one tool to research needs/gaps and kept seeing people on reddit in my city talking about the lack of activities that aren't alcohol focused here. Made a subreddit and posted about it and 1000 people joined in a day, everyone talking about how this is such a necessary community/etc. It's become obvious to me that I just found a seriously underserved demographic. I personally will just go kick it with friends at bars and not drink but it seems to be driving people crazy with the whole tech yuppie trend of being sober/half sober/whatever the catch phrase of the month is.

Trying to figure out how to start a business in this space. Thought about doing an alcohol free event series and trying to get local small businesses (jewelry/plant stores/misc hipster businesses) to vend there and give me a cut, potentially turn it into an actual brick and mortar if I know I have enough demand to pay expensive rent in an active part of my city (the only place it would get foot traffic). This also seems like a kind of lame approach.

Trying to consider other directions this could go. There are plenty of douchey start ups of some pretentious alcohol-free spirit, so that element is commoditized.

Hope everyone is having an awesome Tuesday.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
I've been alcohol free for over 5 years. Been using reddit as one tool to research needs/gaps and kept seeing people on reddit in my city talking about the lack of activities that aren't alcohol focused here. Made a subreddit and posted about it and 1000 people joined in a day, everyone talking about how this is such a necessary community/etc. It's become obvious to me that I just found a seriously underserved demographic. I personally will just go kick it with friends at bars and not drink but it seems to be driving people crazy with the whole tech yuppie trend of being sober/half sober/whatever the catch phrase of the month is.

Trying to figure out how to start a business in this space. Thought about doing an alcohol free event series and trying to get local small businesses (jewelry/plant stores/misc hipster businesses) to vend there and give me a cut, potentially turn it into an actual brick and mortar if I know I have enough demand to pay expensive rent in an active part of my city (the only place it would get foot traffic). This also seems like a kind of lame approach.

Trying to consider other directions this could go. There are plenty of douchey start ups of some pretentious alcohol-free spirit, so that element is commoditized.

Hope everyone is having an awesome Tuesday.
Check out this link, it's a liquor store only selling alcohol free drinks and it is doing huge business.
The zeitgeist is changing to less alcohol use and a mindset that it is a slow poison much as plant based business's a couple years ago.

liam_hughes_85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 7, 2022
Check out this link, it's a liquor store only selling alcohol free drinks and it is doing huge business.
The zeitgeist is changing to less alcohol use and a mindset that it is a slow poison much as plant based business's a couple years ago.
Thanks for your time/input! This definitely gives me some ideas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.