After finishing university 2 years ago, I hoped I'd get my own business off the ground with a genius idea I didn't have. I tried to self-teach but didn't have discipline, and got distracted easily. Eventually my father told me I had to pay rent if I didn't start working, and I could live with them for free if I started working. So I started working full time as a software engineer and consultant (C/C++, Python among many other things).
I turned 24 last Friday and realized that I don't want to continue like this... My circumstances are relatively great: I can work remotely, made good profits with stocks and crypto, hardly have any liabilities and 0 debt. This is the perfect moment to start my own business, and today I even got a sign from above; I got rejected for 2 client projects this morning, right after starting to read the millionaire fastlane yesterday. Time to quit my job and start my own business! Still have a lot of reading to do. You'd say I'm off to a good start, but I'm lacking the mindset (and obviously, I'm also lacking the support from family). Goal now is to just get anything off the ground, doesn't need to be some genius AI-infused 3d-model generator kind of idea. Still have no concrete idea though. I hope to connect with people on this forum and learn a lot. Have a great day
I turned 24 last Friday and realized that I don't want to continue like this... My circumstances are relatively great: I can work remotely, made good profits with stocks and crypto, hardly have any liabilities and 0 debt. This is the perfect moment to start my own business, and today I even got a sign from above; I got rejected for 2 client projects this morning, right after starting to read the millionaire fastlane yesterday. Time to quit my job and start my own business! Still have a lot of reading to do. You'd say I'm off to a good start, but I'm lacking the mindset (and obviously, I'm also lacking the support from family). Goal now is to just get anything off the ground, doesn't need to be some genius AI-infused 3d-model generator kind of idea. Still have no concrete idea though. I hope to connect with people on this forum and learn a lot. Have a great day
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
